“lunch stop”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 23 April 2014

While walking in Annapolis looking for a lunch spot we found this nice place on Main St. They a nice lunch menu with lots of options. I had a fish with a spicy salad. I am not a fan of miso soup but this soup was really good. Joss's closed at 2.30 but they open later for dinner. Its a great place for lunch.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Fresh fish and super delicious. Great appetizer of an avocado filled with fresh tuna drizzled with wasabi sauce-yummy! We're from NY and I'm not used to seeing American waitresses in a sushi restaurant. With that being said, our strawberry blond, blue eyed waitress was helpful, knowledgable and good at her job. She spoke perfect English and I couldn't be happier. We sat at the counter facing the street. Nice view to people watch!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Ever since I moved to Annapolis some 20 years ago, Joss has been my favorite sushi bar. Last year it expanded and I think they are overwhelmed. Twice now I was " promised" a 20 minute wait only to wait over an hour. The food has changed and quality, still good but has gone down. It's busy, the noise level high and the charm is gone. So sad.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you like sushi, this is your place. There are no reservations here, but it never seems to take long or you can sit at the sushi bar. I have been here at least 6 times and always great quality as well as creative with new combinations every visit.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Joss has really slipped since the expansion. For starters the wait staff is way over the top with "irasshai" greeting. Loud, incessant and somewhat startling, what was a quiet greeting from the sushi chef upon entering is now like a flyover by a flock of grackles every few minutes. The food has slipped a bit and the wait staff are a perfect fit for the Applebee's experience, but not the, thoughtful, professional staff that helped make Joss a destination in the past . The intimacy of the old Joss is gone and the ambiance is more akin to a sports bar than an establishment that is know for it's fine cuisine. Looking for a new sushi spot.