“Just not impressed (but not unimpressed either).”

Harry Browne's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry Browne's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Maryland Ave.
Description: Rusty Romo, your host, invites you to experience truly fine dining in historic Annapolis, renowned since colonial times for its southern hospitality. Innovative cuisine featuring traditional Chesapeake fare, American, fusion and an exciting variety of seasonal items and regional specialties await you. Critically acclaimed since 1979 and overlooking the beautiful Maryland State House, we also offer elegant and distinctive catering.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just not impressed (but not unimpressed either).”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Pros:

Service - everybody there is incredibly nice and professional, waitress/hostess etc.
Location - right on State Circle, can't beat it
Steak - DELICIOUS, tender, flavorful

Cons:
Was not impressed with the soft shell crab. At all.

The "vibe" or ambiance - Hard to explain but I just don't feel comfortable here. It could be the lighting, the decorating, the lack of background music... I've been twice now and both times the place has been empty and dead. For some reason that detracts from the "dining out" experience for me. Who knows, maybe that is what they are aiming for...

Overall: It's OK. The food is good but expensive. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'd rather go to Ruth's Chris or Morton's. It's not the worst restaurant in Annapolis but it is far from the best.

• Visited July 2014

Baltimore County, Maryland
“Great Lunch!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We just ate lunch here at one of their outdoor tables since we had our dog with us. The service was excellent and the waitress was friendly to both our Cocker/King Charles four legged friend and us. My husband loved his salad and calamari. My seafood salad was very tasty. We will be back.

Middle River, Maryland
“Loved it.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We decided to visit Annapolis for our anniversary, and choosing Harry Browne's restaurant was an excellent decision. We had a great meal, paired with an excellent wine selection in a really nice atmosphere. Their rack of lamb was very delicious, no to mention plentiful. It's the little things that matter, and their attention to detail in service and food definitely caught our attention.

This place is a bit pricey, but I thought it was well worth it!

1 Thank Infectedctrl
Trooper, Pennsylvania
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I stopped there while spending an afternoon in Annapolis. We were there during Sunday Brunch so our meals came with a complimentary mimosa. What a nice surprise! We had the Cuban Panini and the Crab Cake sandwich and later enjoyed a couple of beers to follow our meal. Both sandwiches were very good but I would definitely come back for the Crab Cake. We sat outside which was nice and quiet with surprisingly little foot traffic, By far the best part was our server, Larry. He was on the ball and made us feel like regulars despite it being our first time. We would definitely recommend Harry Browne's and hope to make a trip back soon.

Hockessin, Delaware
“Expensive but pretty good”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was the second place we went with two other couples on our third trip to Annapolis. We ate downstairs (looked like they had a bar and more informal dining area upstairs) which was upscale. I had shrimp and grits which were good but not the best ever (high bar for me). One person had a fish special they didn't love, and another found it odd to find a tomato sauce under a "crab encrusted filet". My husband declared the mussels to be the best he's ever had. We had a nice time and the food was much more thoughtful than what you'd get for similar prices at resort seafood places.