“Delicious breakfast on the patio”

49 West Coffeehouse, Winebar & Gallery
NJ
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Delicious breakfast on the patio”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a delicious and friendly meal on the back patio. It was recommended by our hotel and glad we stopped in there. Cute ambiance. Great coffee. Good Service.

Visited August 2013

Hughesville, MD
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 217 helpful votes
“Much more than coffee or wine”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I bought a Groupon deal pay $30, get $60 towards dinner. My mother in law was in town visiting and we planned to take her on the sailboat in Annapolis. I called 49 West and asked them if I could use the Groupon for lunch instead of dinner based on the timeframe we would be in the area. The man on the phone stated as long as we purchased $60 not including tax we were welcome to use the Groupon anytime we wished. The three of us arrived around 1:20p on a Friday afternoon. We were greeted immediately and advised to sit wherever we wished. We sat at a table by the window so we could see all the happenings going on outside. Our waittress came over and we suggested she get some paper to write on because we had a lot of ordering to do. The prices were so reasonable, we knew we had to order a lot to spend $60 and there was a good chance we would be taking food home. Here is what we purchased, total $60.30 just the right price, quite a bit of food. Shrimp Skewers (two skewers on a salad bed with a spicy sauce on the side), Smoked Salmon Tacos (two), Artichoke / Spinach Dip (came with lots of bread, carrots and celery), BLT Salad (was large), Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche (average size too much cheese, came with one side (choice Caesar salad, pototo salad, fruit). We ate and ate and still ended up taking some home. The food was delicious especially the dip (awesome). We ended up ordering a couple glasses of wine to wash it all down ($17 total two glasses good size pours). Friendly, attentive staff, we arrived at 1:20p and left at 2:30p. They also have outdoor seating, we chose to eat inside. The menu has a large variety and the prices were very reasonable. We will definitely return here. There website states they have live music as well, what more can you ask for.

Visited June 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Date Spot!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We came on a Sunday afternoon and it was busy. The place was understaffed, but our waitress was as friendly and attentive as she could be. The prices were very reasonable and the food was delicious. I highly recommend the seared tuna.

Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Wasn't Expecting Much... Was THOROUGHLY surprised”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I bought a Groupon to this place a while back and decided to use it before it expired ($25 for $50) on drinks after dinner (DATE NIGHT WITH THE WIFE!!!)...

When I first walked in I wasn't sure what to expect. It looks like a typical coffeehouse that has live music in the evening. Dimly light, art on the walls etc.

My wife ordered a martini and the Key Lime Pie and I ordered a few Maker's Marks and the carrot cake. We were both very happy with our drinks and desserts.

The waitress was great. Very polite... Fast Service. All of the things that make a great waitress.

We'll definitely go back at some point.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ne0phyteTraveler
New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A slice of Europe without the jet lag.”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

The day...my birthday. The mood....determined. I had an unwavering desire for decadent dessert and wine to match. Having heard positive things about the selection of desserts at 49 West and learning of its ambiance through a few nose against glass moments in the past, we decided to give it a try.

I loved it from the moment I walked in. It absolutely feels like a warm and cozy cafe you'd find tucked away off a side street in Europe somewhere and having lived there for awhile (across the pond, that is)...it is something I miss greatly and don't find often. Dim overhead lighting, candles, friendly staff (they said had they known it was my birthday before they brought out the dessert, they would have put a candle in my Tiramisu. *sigh* charming:). Oh and it was love at first bite....the dessert is amazing and the wine didn't disappoint either.

The prices are very reasonable and though I can't speak for any other time of day....it certainly wasn't overly crowded for a random Tuesday night.

Good vibe, people, food and drink...49 West is a gem. I can't wait to go back.

Visited January 2013