“Great food and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Luna Blu

Luna Blu
Reserve with OpenTable
Luna Blu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Bowie, Maryland
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Patty was helpful and very friendly. My husband and I were enjoying date night in Annapolis. We shared the fried green tomatoes. I had the fettuccine scampi which was delicious (large serving with pasta) and he had the spicy sausage tortellini. His was fantastic! We both enjoyed the house Malbec. Our second visit to Luna Blu. Will visit again.

Hughesville, MD
“Incredible food, wine so so”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My husband and I purchased a Living Social deal for $35 get one appetizer to share, each a glass of wine and each an entree which works out to be about $70 total. We had a reservation for 6:30p on a Saturday night. We arrived at 6:15p and were seated promptly. The place was packed. Our waittress was definitely busy but she was still professional and courteous. You could choose between Pinot Grio or a red? The wine was just so so, in fact, I chose the red and don't even remember what type of wine it was that's how so so it was - maybe Malbec? Anyway, for the appetizer we chose Gamberi Napoletana. Shrimp sautéed with garlic, tomatoes, kalamata olives and capers on grilled Italian bread. WOW, Incredible! It was so good and plentiful, we each had two large pieces. For my entree, I chose Fettuccini Scampi. Lobster, scallops and shrimp tossed with fettuccini in a garlic wine sauce. This was one of the best meals I have ever eaten, fabulous. I had switched to an Oaked Chardonnay to go with this but to be honest, it was very heavily oaked again the wine was so so. My husband chose the *Seafood Fra Diavola. Lobster, shrimp, mussels, clams, scallops and calamari in a spicy marinara sauce with linguine pasta. The waittress kept an eye on his water glass and kept refilling it, saying she knew this dish was spicy. He really enjoyed his dish. We were finished at 7:15p, no room for dessert. The weather was nice enough we took walk around a bit before our show at the Ram's Head. Great evening out. I would really like to try one of Luna Blu's monthly wine pairings after eating this meal.

• Visited December 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Terrific local restaurant”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Tried this nice restaurant again for an anniversary dinner during the week. It was easy to get an early table and we were seated immediately. It was a Tuesday, so things were slow in Annapolis, but we were warmly greeted and there were a few other couples in the dining room. We lingered over the menus and I selected the Vitello Val 'D Aosta and my wife had a version of the Fettuccini con Vegetial with marinara sauce instead of the white wine sauce. We started with the simple Bruschetta and it was very good. Our entrees were well presented, fresh and thoroughly enjoyed. We extended our anniversary celebration with dessert (Tiramisu and a sorbet selection) and all in all, we experienced a most enjoyable dinner. The service was friendly and helpful and the overall tone of the restaurant, for an anniversary celebration, was perfect. We will certainly be back soon.

• Visited November 2013
“Always great”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Great authentic Italian food in a small restaurant. Have been there several times so far and never disappointed. Would definitely recommend making a reservation.

Sunset Beach, North Carolina
“Don't Miss”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Superb 4 course dinner for $35, excellent value. Owner Erin serves you as well as overseeing the staff, preparing the mostly Italian menu, etc. She is a give-back person also and that is wonderful to hear about. A small venue but appropriate for romantic, anytime dining.

Our second visit and this should be a fav for anyone visiting/living in the area.

• Visited November 2013