“Awesome ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pirate Adventures on the Chesapeake

Pirate Adventures on the Chesapeake
Ranked #4 of 30 Tours in Annapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Pirate Adventures on the Chesapeake is a unique, unforgettable experience for your child aboard a pirate ship in the Annapolis Harbor. You will be amazed as we tap into your child's imagination and transform him or her into a pirate, complete with face paint, tattoos, and pirate fashions. Time aboard our ship is filled with non-stop activity, including reading a treasure map, hauling loot aboard, and, of course, defending the ship with our famous water cannons.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Baltimore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took our young kids here and they had so much fun. The staff is wonderful, they really made the whole experience very wonderful! I highly recommend this place!

Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth the trip to Annapolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My kids LOVED every bit of this adventure today. The moment we arrived, we were greeted by the phenomenal crew and they were in the total "pirate swing" the entire time we were there. We had Corall and Crabby today on the boat and they were an unbelievable team. My kids are more on the shy side and Corall paid close attention to them and didn't let them stray away from the pack of pirates. The kids blasted pirate pete with water cannons and my kids were totally engaged and so into it. It was all very well thought out and Corall and Crabby were very entertaining to watch. Definitely bringing the kids back next summer.

Visited July 2014
Savannah, Georgia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Best Field Trip Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We arrived 45 minutes early and enjoyed a leisurely picnic lunch at provided tables in the indoor pirate S H I P! I highly recommend this. Next, we all had our faces and arms painted ( mom, grandparents, 4 year old twins, 7 year old, & friend)!. Mermaids, mustaches, bloody skulls galore. The treasure chest of pirate fashion was way too much fun. Everybody dressed up in full pirate regalia. OK, so at this point, we have already had so much fun that we were clearly mesmerized upon walking on board the pirate ship. The small cast ( & I do mean cast) of Captain Rusty and Pirate Plank (& owner Captain Crabby & his wife who was on the mainland getting a pedicure..shhh!) and a few others who outperformed any broadway show. Truth be told, $20 was el cheapo for this high quality rocking and rolling R E A L pirate adventure. This imaginative scenario unfolded in an organized and well-prepared fashion. I can't give away the highlights, but you will concur that this family adventure is hands-on-deck the BEST ever, anywhere. The performers loved their jobs and loved the kids. Everyone was so wrapped up in the interactive (stress, interactive, as in NOT boring) adventure, that pulling into shore on the return journey was a rude awakening. Passerbys gave us a hero's welcome home and the kids loved that attention. Some many surprises unfolded during the course of our
mini-voyage (would have loved to have sailed on a few hours!) that you, too, will be laughing and dancing on-board to the perfectly selected music and wise-cracks of Captain Rusty and Pirate Plank! The gift shop was our parting shot and the kids were happy with one item each!
Where do pirates go in the winter? Hopefully, they perform in the schools! If you do nothing else in the DC area… THIS IS IT!

Visited June 2014
Hollywood, MD
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“It's not just a job- it's an adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

As a mom and a teacher I value employees working with children that clearly love their job. None of these lovable pirates are doin' it for the paycheck folks- everyone ( especially the captain) is just a big kid in dress up! My kids are 6 and 3 and they both loved it- adults were entertaining to watch too. One mom just had to tell her son where the treasure map was hidden instead of letting him spend a few minutes searching - welcome to Annapolis!!!

Miami
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My kids loved every second of this. I will admit that I was surprised at how well done the experience is. From costumes and makeup to shooting Pirate Pete with water cannons to finding a real sunken treasure, the experience was well worth it. My kids can't wait to do out again.

Visited June 2014