“Don't stay here.....ever”

Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Dark, Dingy, Dirty..........the worst HGI. I have staye at many HGI's, but this is the worst. Dark small rooms, dirty inside and out. The common areas are depressing, the exterior was full of trash and the Staff was beyond poorly trained. I got the feeling I was doing them a favor staying there! Don't spend your hard earned business dollars, leisure dollars, or points at this property. The only way I would consider staying here again would be if the Red Roof Inn was sold out!

I e-mailed the Manager a week ago, but have had no response!

Hilton Diamond

2  Thank Ray M
Tim G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Ray,

Thank you for your review and let me say that you have my apologies for your unsatisfactory stay. We work very hard to not only meet but exceed our guests expectations which us earned us the 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award with continuous guest raves. Our staff undergoes extensive training which is why I am very disappointed to hear that did not shine through to a loyal traveler like yourself.
Neither I nor my leadership staff have received your email so I invite you to contact me directly at 410-266-9006 and I would be more than happy to speak with you further about your stay.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

The hotel is a wonderful place to stay. It is conveniently located with restaurants, etc nearby. Mike's Crabhouse has excellent food and good prices. We did not use the hotel's food service during this stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were large with very comfortable (and adjustable) beds; large good quality TV and very good internet service. They offer both ethernet & wired access which is complimentary for HHHonors members. Our room was very quiet, had good water pressure for the shower. We would definitely stay here again if in the area. There is a CVS across the street and a gas station on the corner.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013

While I have rated this hotel as excellent, it is as a result of the performance of the staff and not the actual experience. I do not wish this situation on any hotel, but I guess it was just our turn to endure a traveling high school band. While kids will be kids, I did find it hard to sleep with all the running around and noise on my floor and the floor above me. With that said, the hotel went above and beyond to ensure all guests had a pleassant stay. I am a Hilton Honors member, so I know what level of service to expect from HGI, and they did deliver that service. I will be back, and I look forward to it. You will not hear excuses from this hotel, you will receive top notch service!

Room Tip: I recommend staying above the second floor and away from the elevator, but that's pretty general...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

This place is honestly a five star business traveler facility. I looked everywhere but found nothing but cleanliness, hospitality, comfortability, and overall satisfaction.

The beds are like buttered softness; large tvs; a nice chair with footrest; good work station with comfortable desk chair; top end iron for ironing; nice fixtures; soft but firm pillows; and the little things, like USA Today on every floor, not simply at the front desk. Oh and no stains in the furniture, carpet I bedding that many chains have today.

The front desk staff, led by Breonna, were genuinely friendly and helpful. All of the employees I encountered actually appeared to care about their guests, which is rare, in any hotel chain.

Stay here and enjoy the place. The only small issue I encountered was the sound between the floors is not well insulated. I heard Godzilla above me crashing around all night. Get a room on the fourth floor (you will thank me).

I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I have stayed at this property several times and have always found it to be a great value with excellent service.It is very conveniently located to the interstate with a number of good dining choices available close by. I travel to this area frequently and the location is close by several of the businesses I deal with in the Baltimore and Washington areas.The front desk staff was very helpful and welcomed me as a return visitor and Diamond member.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Hello, I wanted to express my thanks for the beautiful extras that the hotel staff provided on our anniversary. When we returned from dinner, we had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to enjoy! My husband was in Annapolis ,on business, and I just mentioned ,on arrival, that it was our anniversary. We had such a great evening and much needed rest.(I care for my elderly mother) and work full-time. with abundant gratitude, David and Karen

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Enjoyed my stay immensely. Chelsea at the front desk took customer service to the highest level. Very friendly and efficient service. Will Definately stay at that property and recommend it to all of my traveling friends and family. Thank you for the great customer service, clean room, and immaculate property.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends