“Almost perfect stay”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Stamford, Connecticut
“Almost perfect stay”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Staff was incredible! Room was clean and comfortable. Bed in Room 202 was a nightmare. Mattress was hard as a rock with a huge indendentation on left side. Valves on the mattress were broken, so comfort level was zero. We arrived close to 11 pm and were exhausted from being on the road for 16 hours, and quite frankly didn't have the energy to redress, repack, and ask for a room change. Had the bed been in good operating order, or somewhat comfortable it would have been a five star review,

Room Tip: Room 202 had a very poor quality mattress.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deb P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Such a lovely hotel. Staff was very helpful, and nice. They have a smile for you when you walk in the door. The Manager was in the hallway as I was entering my room. He offered to help me push the luggage cart into my room. He also remembered my name, and would say hello to me when he saw me. I was in a king suite, living room was nice. Comfortable seating, microwave, sink, and refrigerator. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom had a whirlpool tub and a shower. The hotel is a little pricey, but a nice treat. I will definitely stay here again & recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2013
Tannersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Staff was friendly, hotel was clean, and location was great for what we wanted to do. Amenities were plentinful furnishing were up tp date, grounds were well maintained. Bed was comfortable, had a great nights sleep

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 March 2013

After a long and frustrating day it was great to check in at this HGI. Logan at the front desk was very polite, professional, and friendly. My key/room/Hilton Honors information were already taken care of, as were the two complimentary bottles of water. I received a free room upgrade from a king bed to a suite. It was one of those moments where I wasn't sure if I was incredibly happy or incredibly embarrassed to be in America. Is it really necessary for a single person to have a suite with 1.5 bathrooms, a jacuzzi, a couch, two TVs with cable/DVD, a king bed, etc? Nope. But was it a nice surprise after a long day? You betcha. The room also had an in-room safe (not that I felt unsafe, but it's always nice for piece of mind), a microwave, fridge, kitchen-sink-type area, coffee maker (though there is free coffee/tea in the lobby anyways) etc.

There are quite a few restaurants in the area but by the time I had arrived most were closed and room service hours were over. I made do with the Pavilion Pantry, which had a number of options... and a cooler with beer! Now we're talkin'. I didn't have breakfast there, nor did I use room service, but standard HGI fare is always pretty good for a hotel. The fitness center was better than your usual HGI; there were 2 ellipticals (with screens), 2 treadmills, a recumbent bike, weight machine, free weights, weight bench, medicine balls, yoga mats/blocks, a scale, and cleaning wipes.

I'll definitely be back if business brings me here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Melissa T
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stayed here while visiting family in the area. The location was perfect....close to food...stores... and family. Service was great... Logan at front desk was very nice. :) We had a great time! :-):-):-):-):-):-)

Room Tip: Love the fridge and microwave
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I had a nice stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was great very nice and they allowed me to change my king room both through a travel site to a room with doubles. I was even asked at check in if the first level floor was okay or did I want to change it. The staff greeted us when we left and entered the hotel. The beds were nice and the room was clean.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Very convenient location anytime you are visiting the Baltimore/Washington area. Right off I50 with easy access to DC, Baltimore, Annapolis or Kent Island. Abundant restaurants in the area. CVS & gas station within 1 block. Extremely courteous and informative staff, nice morning breakfast area and very good food for breakfast. Rooms are spacious with excellent internet service. Nice bathrooms with good water pressure for the showers. And great cookies...but get them early as they go quickly! Top notch value.

Room Tip: All rooms we stayed in have been quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple