“Still trying to work out an incorrect charge from this hotel!”

Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Columbia, Maryland, United States
“Still trying to work out an incorrect charge from this hotel!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

"Average" definitely describes this hotel overall. We stayed in the king suite, which was not particularly comfortable, with high noise levels from surrounding rooms. Breakfast was of poor quality and overpriced. But the kicker was when I checked my credit card bill and found that we'd been billed for an extra night! We checked out early - and in spite of having a receipt in hand, I've spent over an hour on the phone with the hotel trying to persuade them that we checked a day earlier than they billed our credit card for. "But our computer shows you checked out the next day!" "So your computer is wrong - I have a receipt." I had to e-mail them a copy of the receipt, and they STILL tried to claim that it was wrong! Apparently they didn't have a copy of the same receipt, and the manager is "out of the office" until the end of the week... Finally after EXTENSIVE argument, they agreed to refund the incorrect charge. Will NEVER stay in a Hilton again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the confusion with your bill. I am glad we were able to resolve the issue for you. My leadership team will review this type of situation with our desk staff to make sure it is handled appropriately moving forward. I will be be reaching out to you today directly to discuss further. I thank you again for your review and look forward to our correspondence.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed in a suite with my wife and 2 year old over the weekend. My 2 year old enjoyed the huge tub and slept like a champ in his own room while mommy and daddy enjoyed peace and quiet their room. Breakfast was great. Location was convenient. Hotel was very clean. Staff was super friendly. The suite had a powder room too!!!! Plaza across the street and a lot of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better. Spring for the suite...
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The service was outstanding. Very customer focus. Personnel were excellent and always ready to help and very friendly. The grounds were neat and well maintained. The value of the service was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Anapolise, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Picture of the size and quality of the room are very deceiving. Was expecting and nicer experience then what I received for the price i paid . Prices are ridiculous, also considering I was on a Wedding discount, not impressed. Average is exactly what it is!

Mableton, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I planned to stay using rewards points. I booked my room by calling the Hilton Honors Reward number. I checked in they could not find me. In the system I had to break out my laptop and show the agent my confirmation. I checked out they said they could not process rewards and I paid with my AMEX. They said I would be reimburesed. I called the rewards people they said they could not reimburse me. I should cancelled by reservation (which I though was good) find availability and rebook using rewards prior to check-in. How is a customer to know?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Cape Cod, United States
Reviewed 22 September 2013

stayed one night, fine, but the mattress was hollowed otherwise no complaints desk kindly relocated us to the first floor near the entrance, which was a convenient plus noise from some adjacent rooms was obvious but nothing unexpected

Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed 19 September 2013

All the staff at this hotel went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. Lobby is very nice with lots of couches and comfy chairs. Had a little lobby bar too. We were there for a family wedding so it was a perfect place to congregate and visit. Room had a little fridge and microwave. Location was very good. Easy to get downtown Annapolis and other tourist activities.