“Comfortable place to stay. Convenient.”

Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night in October. We couldn't find a room in downtown Annapolis so we selected the Hilton Garden Inn which is about a ten minute drive to the downtown.

The hotel is conveniently located and appears to be relatively new. The staff was friendly and offered any help we needed. The room was quiet and comfortable. There seemed to be a lot of people in the lobby but the place never seemed loud.

As it turns out my daughter forgot something at the hotel which we didn't discover until we got home. We quickly called the hotel and Shawn helped find the item and offered to ship it right to our home. There was no inconvenience on his part and he was happy to help. This alone will bring us back to the hotel. Shawn was very understanding and helpful. Excellent service!!

We will likely stay again at the Hilton Garden Inn, Annapolis. It was worth it.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Spent one night here since we were at the Maryland Renaissance Festival. Hotel was nice, staff was courteous and our room was pretty clean. My only complaint, no (free) breakfast buffet. They charge $10.95 per person for some breakfast items already prepared or apparently you can have them prepare you something if you wish. Hotel is convenient to pretty much everything in the Annapolis area. Room price was okay, paid $169 for one night, although I think hotels in general charge way too much. I noticed that the Annapolis area seems a little pricier with many hotels charging over $200 a night.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We booked this hotel months in advance for a planned trip to Annapolis in an attempt to save some money, as it is located on the outskirts of Annapolis and all the hotels downtown were close to half or more the price. We stayed two nights, ate two breakfasts at the hotel and had one delivery of room service.
An advantage was that it was located close to Mike's Restaurant & Crab House which was the best meal we had on our whole trip.
The room was the standard chain hotel room with a very comfortable bed, clean and bright, flat-screen TV. No complaints about the room whatsoever.
However, breakfast was confusing. You paid $10.95 for any type of breakfast, selecting from waffles, pancakes, eggs, meats, breads, cereal, yogurts, fruits, juices, jams, coffee, tea, etc., some ordered some immediately available in the buffet. The value seemed good, but the issue was service. We sat down and no one came over for several minutes. We then assumed we had to order the eggs and meats ourselves, but then a server came over and seemed to intervene in our order and the kitchen staff seemed to imply we shouldn't order directly ourselves. But when I ordered juice it turned out I should get my own. In the end what to order to get yourself was very confusing. And the second day it didn't get any easier. I alternately felt like I was doing too much or too little and being corrected all along. The food quality was great, but I felt unnerved the whole time. All this also before I had had a much-needed coffee.
To be fair, on our last morning the lady at the reception desk did ask if they could fix anything, and I told her about the breakfast. She was very apologetic and thankful for the feedback. This improved my feeling about the service.
The other issue was when my husband and I decided to order a cheeseburger for a late dinner using room service. Again, the food was good enough except the whole pickle that had a soft spot in it. But the meal was served without a knife and fork or napkin, so we could not cut the burger in half or slice the pickle, and had nothing with which to wipe our faces and hands. We had to take tissues from the bathroom.
I would probably stay again, but only for the price and location close to Mike's. Might not do the breakfast again unless instructions were clearer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you very much for your review. I apologize for the confusion regarding your overall dining experience with us. We pride ourselves on our service and delivery and we unfortunately fell short on that. I am going to be sure that we have a better system to fully explain our breakfast as well as better execution on our part to make sure you have everything you need at the time you need it. I assure you the next time you come to see us, you will have a far better experience.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We are here for a wedding, and could not be happier with the garden Inn. Food is like a fine restaurant. We had dinner here last night and cooked breakfast this morning. the staff is exceptional. Lamont does everything and does it all well. Our refrigerator wasn't working...Lamont took care of that, and then Shaun the Front Desk sups. Sent us a "sorry for the I convenience" note and complimentary breakfast tomorrow. If you need a place to stay in the area.....this is it.

Room Tip: we had a king room on first. there is a meeting room across,the hall, so there was some late,mornin...
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed for 7 nights during the Sailboat Show. Very comfortable. Helpful and friendly staff. Enjoyed complimentary snacks and fruit. Breakfast looked very good and many guests seemed to enjoy that but I took fruit to go.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My mother and I stayed here to attend the Maryland Renaissance Festival nearby. Weather was bad, we were exhausted from our flights, traffic, and then two days walking in mud in period costume, but the staff were always friendly and helpful (and didn't bat an eye at our garb!) The room was wonderfully comfortable especially after long days outside. We'll stay here again next year - the price was very reasonable for such a nice hotel and even coming back late at night, we felt safe.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great hotel and very friendly staff. We all came from different areas for our nephew's wedding. We spent a lot of time hanging out in the lobby visiting. Real nice area with several couches, chairs and TV's. The staff at the bar were great, remembered all our preferences.