“Beautiful”

City Running Tours Annapolis
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed the Eastport tour. A lovely pace and beautiful scenery accompanied by interesting and intricate knowledge of Annapolis City and the Eastport area. Boats, water views and a lovely old neighborhood are a wonderful backdrop for a hour or so workout. Charles and Beth are very prepared to cover hydration needs and snap some fun pictures. Our guide, a local history teacher, gave us fun details about the area that no history book can offer. This was our first running tour and we will be looking for more.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently went on the Colonial Heritage Tour of the Annapolis-based City Running Tours. Annapolis is one of the newest locations to be added on the City Running Tours but the tour guides seemed like old pros! Beth led the tour, while her husband, Charles, was also on the trip as a second guide.

We started at the City Dock area and ran throughout the city in a nice 5K loop. I don't think we ran past the same thing twice. The guides were very knowledgeable about everything from the colonial history of Annapolis to the architecture of famous homes and landmarks. The run had great views of the Chesapeake Bay, the Naval Academy and the Maryland State House.

We ran at a decent pace that was slow enough to take in all the views, yet fast enough to feel like I got a good workout in. There were also quite a few stops along the way that allowed us to catch our breath and gave the guides a chance to give even more insight about the area.

I know there are two other tours in Annapolis that are offered by the City Running Tours and I would assume they are just as good as the Colonial Heritage tour!

I highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank Matt M