“The best in Annapolis”
Review of Osteria 177

Osteria 177
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria 177 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 356 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Take price out of the equation and quite simply this is the tastiest food in Annapolis. The osso bucco and Milanese risotto is the best I've eaten outside of Italy and the panna cotta was sublime. Party of 6, 3 good bottles of wine, 3 courses each plus coffee at $80 per head is exceptionally good value in comparison to many quality chains. A privately owned and run restaurant will always win as the focus will be on the quality of the ingredients, the drive and passion for quality, a team who work together and places the food and customer first. Excellent restaurant.

1  Thank Henryq
There are newer reviews for Osteria 177

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Strolled in for the $15 lunch special, and selected the chef's special lamb shank Ossobuco, over a bed of grilled polenta, with a fresh sprig of rosemary. Paired with a Nebbiolo from the Piedmont region of northern Italy and some fresh baked baguette and olive oil. I always judge an Italian restaurant by their Ossobuco and Osteria 177 served a masterpiece today. I'll be back!

4  Thank JLPage
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were in town for one night so we wanted a memorable meal. Thank you fellow trip advisors for your rave reviews of this place. I called in the evening and they had a slot opened at 9 pm. We arrived a few minutes early and the hostess was welcoming. We were promptly seated by 9 and we had a great table for 2 by the window. I ordered the calamari appetizer as a dinner plate. It was grilled and so delicious. My husband ordered the antipasto appetizer followed by the salmon. He enjoyed both dishes. Kudos to our waiter who was attentive and professional. We had a fabulous dinner in a very nice restaurant with a lively sidewalk show of inebriated individuals-so we laughed that we were privy to dinner and a show! Seriously, don't miss the opportunity to dine here.

2  Thank PaulaNYFL
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was our most memorable dining experience in Annapolis. The decor was classy but comfortable. Service was attentive and friendly. We started with Prosciutto & Melon. I had Linguine alle Vongole. She had Pappardelle al Ragu di Cinghiale. Finished with gelato and espresso. Solid classic fare. Will definitely return to try the other items on the menu.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Staff was most knowledgable and the Chilean bass is to die for! My wife and I look forward to a return visit.