“Historic home in the heart of Annapolis”
Review of The Annapolis Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annapolis
The Annapolis Inn
Ranked #6 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Historic home in the heart of Annapolis”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at the Annapolis Inn. First, the home is lovely, filled with beautiful antiques and an interesting history which Alex was happy to share with us. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast each morning in the elegant dining room was delicious. As an added bonus, the inn is so centrally located - no car needed for the weekend. Alex made us feel very welcome and made dinner reservations for us each night - his recommendations were always great! If we ever find ourselves in Annapolis again we would look forward to a return visit to the Annapolis Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed in the Annapolis Inn a couple of week-ends ago, we just needed a quick getaway. We were very pleased. Annapolis is beyond fabulous, and the Annapolis Inn is just perfect, perfect location, great accomodations, and Alex was a wonderful host, a most interesting and fun indivdual, who prepared and served an excellent breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I made a repeat visit to The Annapolis Inn during a cold spell. The beautiful Christmas tree and cozy fire greeted me as well as a warm welcome from hosts Joe and Alex who couldn't be more accommodating. They always go out of their way to make guests feel like family. This trip, I had a chance to meet some of the young men and women who are students at the nearby Naval Academy. They were Joe and Alex's guests for a Three Kings Dinner, one of The Annapolis Inn's traditions. I stayed in the Iglehart Suite which is the smallest accommodation at the Inn and perfect for a solo traveler. Iglehart has the most comfortable bed I've ever had the pleasure to sleep in. Can you imagine waking up feeling completely refreshed without any aches? Worth the trip! I hope to be back soon to my home away from home.

Room Tip: Alex's breakfasts are always excellent. If you want the eggs benedict (and I suggest you try it...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Norwich, Vermont
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Joe and Alex are excellent hosts. We've stayed at the Annapolis Inn numerous times, usually in the Inglehart Suite which is very comfortable. Alex prepares a delicious breakfast, and the inn is conveniently located near everything in downtown Annapolis, including USNA Gate 1. These guys go out of their way, and deserve special mention for being sponsor dads to a large cadre of Midshipmen -- they go above and beyond!

Room Tip: We've stayed in all of the rooms and they're all lovely.
Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We arrived on late Sunday afternoon. Alex and Joe, the innkeepers were hosting Marines and Naval students from the Academy. We had an opportunity to meet with them prior to going to our suite. We were so impressed with the professional caliber of the young men who will go on to serve our nation. The students told us how appreciative they were of a home cooked meal on the one day they are given leave and the friendship, advice and guidance, Alex and Joe provide in the abscense of their parents. These innkeepers have true dedication to our military forces.

Upon entering the Murray Suite, it was everything the website showed it to be. The furnishings and linens were exquisite. The bed was so comfortable, it molded to your body. Upon leaving I asked for information on how to purchase one for ourselves. A most beautiful and tranquil garden (complete with Koi fish and fountain) await you and a balcony terrace is also there for your enjoyment. The home has tremendous history, which Alex was so kind to share. I only wish the walls could talk. They made dinner reservations for us, brought coffee to our room in the morning and were very accomodating to my special dietary needs. Breakfast was a three course meal, with muffin/croisant, fruit medley, and scrambled eggs or pancakes - depending on the day. Having never met them before, they actually made my husband and I feel like family. I have come to learn that B&B's in Annapolis can not serve anything other than breakfast, as it is illegal. They gave us flawless directions and a keen insight into how best to enjoy our visit. Everything was in walking distance. We took the sunset cruise, which was a delight and the hour trolley tour gave us a wonderful overview and history of the town. We parked in the municipal lot a few streets over, and they gave us discount parking tickets. It was approximately $ 12/day, as there is limited hourly street parking. There is no telephone or televison in the Murray Suite, and you will not miss it. Looking at all the antiques is enough to keep your interest. My husband and I have stayed at Orient Express properties in the past, and I honestly have to say that The Annapolis Inn is on par with the best of them. It was well worth the price. Don't confuse this fine property with similarly named properties.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Annapolis Inn is a beautiful historic inn, beautifully appointed and very comfortable. Our room was "The Rutland Suite" and the bed was comfy and had wonderful sheets and awesome bath towels for the welcoming soaking Jacuzzi tub. We also had a very large roof top patio area to ourselves to sit out and read and relax. They did not have coffee in the rooms, it was served downstairs starting at I think 7am, but when I mentioned to Alex that I can hardly move until I have my coffee he was kind enough to bring me coffee every morning at 7:30 on a beautiful tray. That simple act made this a perfect stay! The Inn had and elegant dining room and a very nice sitting room. Its location was just perfect, a few blocks from the Academy, the state capitol, Annapolis Yacht Club and much more. We went to Annapolis to bike the B & A trail, but had and awesome time exploring the area. Its just beautiful. It truly was a perfect place for us to relax, read and just chill.

Joe and Alex are wonderful hosts. Alex prepared a wonderful breakfast, he not only took care of our breakfast every day and even carried our bags to our room. He was a very warm and kind person. Both Joe and Alex are a wealth of information and have many interesting stories. We fell in love with not only The Annapolis Inn, but with both Alex and Joe. They are just wonderful people! We will be back!!

Room Tip: Loved the Rutland Suite, it had Jacuzzi tub, wood burning fire place and roof top terrace but has st...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Only steps from the head end of "Ego Alley". the Academy Main Gate and blocks from the State House, this is the place if your aim is to bang around Old Annapolis. Alex and Joseph are very personable and helpful in navigating the local scene. Be sure to ask them about their involvement with the Plebe sponsor program.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple