Best Western Annapolis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$116
US$106
US$103
Country Inn
Historic Inns of Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$186
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
US$111
Comfort Inn Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$85
ComfortInn
Westin Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
US$214
Westin.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$122
GardenInn.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$111
Hampton.com
US$128
US$312
US$249
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom was cleanfree breakfastyogurtqueen bednaval academywould stay here againannapolis areaboat showdispenserlotionfreewaymicrowavepetmddryerusna
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed here for two nights during my sons BoyScout trip to Washington DC and Naval Acadamy. The rooms were not the cleanest. Saw hair in the tub and the floor. I have stayed in worst hotels and they were much cleaner. My roommate was afraid of bed bugs so we moved the top mattress to see if they were on the bottom mattress seams. No there wasn't any but there was lots of dirt, hair,etc. Makes me think how often do they clean. Again my roommate left a $5 tip that morning and wrote a note to have the sheets change. They took the money and didn't change anything. We did find a bug on the sheets the next night. I usually am not picky but when my roommate investigated it sure made me think.

The breakfast was great. They have the usually waffle machine, cereal, pastries, bagel as well as biscuits and gravy. It was good.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2013

A friend and I stayed here while on a visit to Annapolis. Everything about this hotel was good and nice but if you're looking to stay in downtown Annapolis this isn't it. If you're looking to stay NEAR Annapolis then this place is great. It was nice having a pool and it's not too far from the main city. The breakfast was good but the room was packed with cross country bikers.

Next time I'm in Annapolis I'll probably want to stay closer to the city. If I can't afford it I'll stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2013

The entire staff from the reservation clerk, to the breakfast cook and shift supervisor were all very friendly. I was able to secure a "reputable" taxi at their recommendations. It is nice to be greeted and treated like you are a part of their family.

Room Tip: I always select the upper floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
jstk, General Manager at Best Western Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
We hope to see you again!
Sincerely, Shannon Jensen G.M

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We were there when two large groups of college kids were staying as well. No dog issue, and were hoping we did not get a pet friendly room due to allergies.

We were making reservations, and I waited a day, and the price went up $15 per night. Not a great sales point. When we got there, we found out it is a motel, with room doors open to the outside and no hallways. Should have asked. There was a 1/2" gap between the door and its frame, luckily it was not too cold outside. By the time we left, we figured out that the flapping noise was the gasket on the door which was unattached for about four feet, thus the gap.

The bathroom was terrible. First the problem was that the toilet flushed poorly. Poorly = 2 flushes for just #1, and 5 or more for #2 if you don't want anything left over. This got worse with the stay. Maybe we should have called, but we were out all day when we were there and did not want anyone in the room, plus the room was so small I would worry about smell and sloppy clean-up. On that note, there was HAIR in the bathroom before we even used it. Hair that was not mine or my roomates. Not a little either. We managed to move some out o the way, but I can't imagine any cleaning people in their right mind would leave hair around the bathroom.

One other thing that made us upset was a lack of three-pronged outlets. The TV and lamp were plugged into three-pronged outlets, but the other outlets in the room had only two prongs. Did not know they were still legal.

Finally, although the breakfast was decent, including waffles, there was very little seating (perhaps for 20 people) and by far not enough room. We wanted to just get some food and take it back to our room, but between about 12 college kids and two families of six, the two of us could barely fit in and people were spilling food and drink all over. They are listed as having 111 non-smoking rooms, but there appeared to be many more.

All in all, it was a dive and we won't be going back there. I gave three stars because the desk staff were very good, and you could argue that I should have complained and gotten things fixed. But they weren't going to be putting in three-pronged outlets, and also I had to wait more than a half hour past regular check-in time just to get a room - and my original room would have been over an hour wait.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want clean and updated. I would say if you can get less than 50 dollars per night, it might be a value.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Checked-in at ~ 9:00 pm on a Saturday night. Told the clerk we had a small dog. She asked me to wait a minute then disappeared to the back for over 5 minutes. While I was waiting for her return, another guest arrived and started to check-in with the other clerk. Same thing! He had a dog and the clerk disappeared, too.

They both returned and said that they had no pet-friendly rooms left, so we would have to pay an extra $10 over the $15 usual pet fee. The other guest got very angry and loud and asked to speak to the manager. Clerk #1 sent to the back again. After another 5 minutes, she came back and announced that it was the $10 or we could find someplace else to stay! Before the other guy could explode, I said I'd take it and either talk to the manager in the morning. (As I walked out, other guy was exploding!)

In the morning, the manager went to great pains to justify the $10, but in the end took it off the bill. This policy is either terrible customer service, or a pure bait-and-switch to get more revenue per guest. How do we know how many "pet-friendly" rooms they have. They probably say this to all guests with pets.

BTW, while I was waiting, I could read their script for taking reservations, which went into great detail on how to get the highest rates!

THEN, when we got to the room, it had not been cleaned/made-up and reeked of smoke (supposed to be non-smoking). Back to the car, back to the lobby to get another room, which was handled efficiently and friendly.

Oh - and the hot water faucet was reversed. Scalding danger!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple