“They cancelled my reservation 1 week prior to our arrival!”

Courtyard Annapolis
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have never been so upset with a hotel. I received a call from Courtyard Marriott this evening. I was told they have to cancel our reservation due to a delay in construction. I booked this property months ago. Could have booked at other hotels, but chose them because of great reviews and price. My husband's 20th USNA reunion is next week and we don't have a room in Annapolis. Plane tickets and tickets to reunion festivities have been bought and now...no hotel. Sure they offered to transfer my reservation to a hotel 20 miles away. Really? I'm supposed to just say thank you? Gee thanks. If only you had called me a few weeks ago, I could have rebooked at another local hotel. Now...there's nothing available! Thanks a lot for nothing. I will never book a room at any Courtyard Marriott! I'm so disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelgirl850
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Please accept my sincerest apology concerning the relocation of your reservation during a very busy time. Due to delays in our rooms renovation, we did not receive rooms back in time for your arrival. The hotel tried to be as proactive as possible by contacting all affected guest 7 days in advance. Due to the inconvience, we offered a complimnetary shuttle to and from Downtown Annapolis for all relocated guest, and a deeper discounted room rate at the alternative hotel.

I am deeply sorry that we have dissapointed you and hope that you will afford us another oppurtuity to serve you in the near future.

If you should wish to discuss further please feel free to contact myself (410) 266-1555 Ext. 624

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Marriott Annapolis is strategically located next to the US Naval Academy, waterfront and downtown shopping areas. It is a bit pricy, but the convenience is worth it. They have a great deck side open air bar and dinning area, as well as indoor seating. The Hotel staff are very friendly, professional and helpful, which only adds to a great experience. The property is maintained very well and is very clean, especially the rooms. We are looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water offer an exceptional view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HenryGJr

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Hotel is only 3 miles from downtown annapolis. Got a single room here for $130 when the Westin with the wedding rate was over $100 more. Very close to shops and food as well. The bed was very comfortable and seemed like the room had been updated recently. Staff was very helpful with other guests asking about things to do and see. Breakfast was available for purchase. Access to major highways was also a plus as it was right off of Route50 and Aris T Allen Blvd.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AJSOHN

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Very nice Courtyard. Room was large and very clean. Beds were comfortable and rooms very quiet. Easy to get to downtown Annapolis from this location. Would definitely stay here again if in the area! Only complaint I have is I wish Marriott would have a complimentary breakfast at Courtyard! Can't figure out why most of their other brands have it but Courtyard does not!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kklammers

Thank you for your feedback. My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience on Tripadvisor!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here for a night this past week. Great place....rooms and lobby very modern and clean (newly renovated)! The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful....gave us great ideas of places to see downtown and also some good restaurants and ice cream shops. Only a few minute drive to downtown. Loved the little Bistro for breakfast...although price not included in our package it was worth it since room price was very affordable. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We asked to stay in the inside of the courtyard overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. My staff and I look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Used points on my 3 night stay here, but the hotel is clean with courteous staff. Good location for many points we were visiting on vaca. Being a business traveler the bulk of the year, I come to appreciate clean, well run properties

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Dnic1963
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience at the Courtyard, Annapolis on Tripadvisor.

I hope to be able to serve you in the future,

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Staff were very helpful & pleasant! We liked our room very much! Clean, comfortable, roomy! Nice small pool, hot tub broken at the moment and no breakfast included in the low rate of $103. The hotel is close to major shopping areas and a close drive to downtown Annapolis. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a courtyard room for a nicer view! Can drive downtown for breakfast!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WANDERLUSTinME

Thank you for your feedback. My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience on Tripadvisor. Please accept my sincerest apology concerning the spa. Our spa jets were in operable during your visit with us. The jets are now up and running.