“Two stays over two weeks”

Courtyard Annapolis
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Alexandria, Virginia
“Two stays over two weeks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently completed two stays over two weeks at this hotel, while on business travel. It's a typical Courtyard with the Bistro, Marketplace, and an exercise room. Internet connectivity in my room was more than adequate. There was a small mini-refrigerator, which did not get very cold (don't plan on keeping a cup of ice cream in it); I was told that all the rooms had the same size refrigerator. During my second stay, the card reader on my door stopped working. Anna, one of the housekeeping staff, was kind enough to stop what she was doing to help troubleshoot the issue. She first tried to help by getting me a set of new keycards, then attempting to change the batteries. When that did not work, the front desk had to call in an engineer to fix the door. Fortunately, the Business Center had two computers, so I was still somewhat productive while waiting to get back in my room. It took over an hour and a half to resolve the issue, but both Anna and the front desk staff were more than willing to help ease my discomfort at being locked out of my room.

This hotel is within 5 miles of the Annapolis Town Center and Westfield mall, where there are plenty of choices for shopping and food. I would stay here again if I am back in the area on business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback.
My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience on Tripadvisor!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Millville, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I stayed here for my Naval Academy 10 year reunion during a football weekend. It is relatively close to downtown Annapolis and easily accessible. I would stay here again. The great thing about Courtyard by Marriott is that you always know what you are going to get.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience on Tripadvisor!
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in late October 2013. Room was clean and building was quiet. I would recommend for overnight stays. Food options were limited and expensive at the hotel plan on eating out.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian R
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Do to illness in my family I had to stay close to Anne Arundel Medical Center and cannot express my gratitude to all of the staff at the front desk enough especially Allente Adams. I have travelled extensively and been fortunate to stay in many five star establishments but was so impressed with the caring and consideration of the front desk. The rooms are very clean. Many restaurants within walking distance. I would not hesitate to stay here in the future and will always think of going back

Room Tip: Due to illness in my family I was at the Courtyard by Marriot for 10 days. There are no words to exp...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank gagadodi
Thank you for your feedback. My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience on Tripadvisor.

Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

The lady who checked us into the hotel put us in a room where major roof renovation was underway. The noise was unbelievable. After calling several other hotels and the Marriott Waterfront (which was the one I intended to book) and discovering all were booked, we called the front desk and told the lady, Kyra - who just came on shift, that we could not stay in current room due to noise. As we picked up our new keys from lobby, we informed Kyra that we would prefer to stay at Marriott Waterfront. She informed us that the hotel was booked and much more expensive.
We went to our new room and Kyra called to inform us that she was able to get us a room at the Waterfront Marriott. We greatly appreciate the additional effort that Kyra put forward to make sure our trip was an enjoyable one and we were able to get into the hotel of our choice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CLC0429
Thank you for your feedback.

My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience on Tripadvisor. I shared your comments with Kyra and she was thrilled that she was able to successfully assist you during your visit with us.

Kyra will receive stellar recognition from Marriott for her efforts.

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed overnight at the Courtyard in Annapolis using my e-certificate from Marriott Rewards. As this is our first time to stay in Courtyard (we've always stayed either at the Marriott or Residence Inn), we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean, quiet, and the location was just a few miles from downtown Annapolis. The staff was friendly, helpful and made us feel very welcome (like VIPs). The front desk staff, Kyra, was especially very helpful in recommending places to eat in historic Annapolis and what places to visit. The staff was also responsive to our requests for early check-in and extra towels. They even came around our table while we were having breakfast to make sure everything was in order. They have a nice little courtyard and an indoor pool which had a lifeguard. This is important especially for families with teenagers or young adults who like to swim -- you feel safe leaving them alone in the pool knowing there is a lifeguard around. The beds were very comfortable, the TV was nice and the pods in the lobby that had it's own TV and remote control were a nice touch. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and will come back to stay in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are quiet, we requested and got a room at the higher floor and although it was...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank VirginiaWillow

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Had an overnighter here while on a business trip onto Washington D.C. Absolutely great stay, clean, quiet, lots of places to eat and or shop. We actually ate at Yellowfin seafood and that was pretty good as well.
I would stay here again. Now when our next stop was Marriott Navy yard in Washington D.C -- IT SUCKED!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business