“Comfortable Clean Spacious” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Pennsylvania
“Comfortable Clean Spacious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Had a one night stay for two. Our two-queen bed standard room and bathroom were spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The lobby was terrific with a contemporary bar to have a nightcap. The location of the hotel was perfect for us - being only 10 minutes away from the naval academy and 2 minutes from an awesome outdoor mall offering a multitude of dining choices. I gave the hotel a 4 out of 5 rating because they didn't appear to offer complimentary coffee or tea service in the lobby. The rooms did include self-service coffee bags.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at my hotel on Tripadvisor.
Hopefully you will afford us the oppurtunity to serve you during your next visit to Annapolis.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
BALTIMORE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I will keep this as short as possible. I stay at Courtyards all the time and am usually not terribly upset with anything. However, my stay at this hotel was horrible. Upon check in, I was told that I could not pay for three rooms, only 2 even after explaining my situation. Finally 30 minutes later I was able to put the rooms all on one credit card. When doing so I told them to make the cash only rooms so nothing could be put on my credit card. I expected all my rooms to have the same charge (WRONG!) At checkout 2 of the rooms were at the rate I expected and the other was not. When I received my email of the charges another room also had extra charges. When I called to clarify I spoke to someone named Allsante and was told I would get a call from a manager. She told me there was nothing she could do but she would pass the message to a manager. I have waited a week for this call and have yet to receive one after calling back each day. 2 of the rooms were okay, although 1 of those 2 had weird stains on the curtains. The 3rd room had no heat in it and we were told it would be fixed before returning from our outing. We got back a little after midnight to an icebox. When we called and asked about it someone came to check and could not fix it so we were told we could switch rooms if we would like. I told them not to worry about it because we were exhausted and had been out for more than 5 hours and expected it to be fixed within that time. I also told them we were unhappy thus far with everything and they did not seem to care. I have stayed in hotels with lower ratings and had better service and stays so I was very upset with this stay. Neither myself or any of my friends will be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper levels near an ice machine so that you don't have to walk all the wa...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SUPERUNhappyGuest
Dear Valued Guest,

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with your concerns. Please allow me an opportunity to address your concerns regarding my property. Please contact the property at your earliest convenience and ask for myself.

Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Front desk staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. Room staff responsive. Bistro breakfast lady needs to take a happy pill. Found hotel walls to be very thin as we could hear a domestic dispute next door. Beds not that comfy for a Courtyard. Location was very good to get to downtown and Town Center area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience at my hotel on Tripadvisor!
I hope that my staff and I will have the oppurtunity to serve you again on your next visit to Annapolis.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

The Courtyard Annapolis is lovely while it may not be in the "city center" of historic Annapolis it is only a few miles away. The modern updates including the lovely Bistro where you can have breakfast and dinner made to order is great (I wish there was a lunch option). The rooms are spotless and have modern upgrades as well. The best part about this hotel is the staff they make you feel at home whether your in town for a day or a week.

Allante at the front desk is outstanding she helped me with dinner reservations for my family and made sure everything went smoothly with our evening

The Morning bistro staff was great as well

I have nothing bad to say about this property I will visit again on my next trip to Annapolis

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for posting such wonderful comments on Tripadvisor!

My team and i are very happy that we were able to provide great accomodations during your visit to Annapolis. I hope that you will give us an oppurtunity to serve you the next time you are visiting the area.
Dover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

A lovely hotel, very clean and updated. However the staff members were the real jewel here!

(1) The bistro breakfast was lovely and the bistro staff were more than willing to adjust the items on the menu each morning to accomodate my "Dairy Free" & "Gluten Free" preferences. I particularly want to commend Dave for going out of his way each day to be sure that we were well fed to start our day! Having Starbucks coffee as an option was a huge plus!

(2) The front desk staff also accomodated our desire for a first floor room. The young lady (Destiny) that helped us was friendly yet professional.

We were delighted to stay here three nights and found this location relaxing and in a great central location near to the downtown, shopping, the Navy/Marine Corp. Stadium as well as the waterfront.

I would recommend this Courtyard in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We enjoyed Room # 152 (1st floor room near the exit door) becuase it was close to the side parking l...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience on Tripadvisor!

I hope that you will afford us the oppurtunity to serve you the next time you are in town.
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently completed two stays over two weeks at this hotel, while on business travel. It's a typical Courtyard with the Bistro, Marketplace, and an exercise room. Internet connectivity in my room was more than adequate. There was a small mini-refrigerator, which did not get very cold (don't plan on keeping a cup of ice cream in it); I was told that all the rooms had the same size refrigerator. During my second stay, the card reader on my door stopped working. Anna, one of the housekeeping staff, was kind enough to stop what she was doing to help troubleshoot the issue. She first tried to help by getting me a set of new keycards, then attempting to change the batteries. When that did not work, the front desk had to call in an engineer to fix the door. Fortunately, the Business Center had two computers, so I was still somewhat productive while waiting to get back in my room. It took over an hour and a half to resolve the issue, but both Anna and the front desk staff were more than willing to help ease my discomfort at being locked out of my room.

This hotel is within 5 miles of the Annapolis Town Center and Westfield mall, where there are plenty of choices for shopping and food. I would stay here again if I am back in the area on business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback.
My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience on Tripadvisor!
Millville, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I stayed here for my Naval Academy 10 year reunion during a football weekend. It is relatively close to downtown Annapolis and easily accessible. I would stay here again. The great thing about Courtyard by Marriott is that you always know what you are going to get.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this review, 22 November 2013