“The Worst!”
Review of Motel 6 Annapolis

Motel 6 Annapolis
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Even if they paid me to stay there I wouldn't. I would rather sleep in my car. We were driving around the mideastern states and stayed one night in this Quality Inn Annapolis. It was so filthy that I spent a lot of time trying to wipe every surface with antibacterial wipes, but there weren't enough wipes in the world to clean that dump. The worst part of it was that I woke up covered with bed bug bites. So disgusting! I can't believe that Choice Hotels would let their name to be associated with this place. We have stayed in Choice Hotels frequently and did so on this trip. This was the worst one, but there were others that were not acceptable either. I don't know what is happening with Choice Hotels, but it is very disappointing that we can't trust them anymore.
I do not expect the Taj Mahal when I am traveling. I only ask one thing--that it is clean! I don't think that is too much to ask.

Room Tip: Read these reviews! If I had read about this motel, we would never have gone there.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TampaTraveler42

Reviewed 10 October 2011

There is the intense odor of aerosol (Lysol) immediately upon entry. It was there at 11am & again at 6 pm. It smelled like a gas chamber in the lobby. I walked in & literally walked out seconds later out bc the intense Lysol odor was making my wife ill. We left immediately & checked into another hotel miles away. I would never go there again.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2011

A two storey hotel with inside corridors, situated on the frontage road off US Route 50 about 8 miles east of the junction for Annapolis historic centre. Room 127 had king-size bed, air-con, TV, fridge, iron, coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was adequate, in a tiny room by Reception, and consisted of choice of 2 juices, 2 cereals + oatmeal, waffles, bread and pastries. Indian manager was very obliging with Google directions for onwards travel to Baltimore B&O Railroad Museum.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest away from Reception (and the main highway) are likely to be quieter
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This hotel is fine if you are looking for a basic and inexpensive place to stay. It was very clean but not fancy. The front desk staff is great, every person we spoke to during our 3 day stay was very helpful and gave us all the information we needed about how to get around, and gave us maps and directions. There is free coffee/tea and bagels/muffins in the morning near the front desk. Its right off the highway so its easy to find and to get to other places from there. There is a small shopping center next door, but everything around the hotel closes early as you are not right in central Annapolis where the tourist sights are, but everything is easy to drive to.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I had rented a very nice room with a kind bed and I was very pleased with it until upon returning from going out, I spelled eletrical burning. It turns out that the air conditioner was burning up. Which happens sometimes, so I was understanding. The front desk switched me to a HORRIBLE room. No iron, fridge, blood stain on the sheets, wallpaper completely peeling and all wrinkled. I was worried that no one had been in there or cleaned it in a loong time. Instead of trying to look for another room to switch me into or telling the next person who comes on that we would like to switch back to a nicer room, she didn't say anything. So the next day I had a back and forth with the new front desk person about getting us another room. They seemed aggravated by it, and didn't offer a discount for the night in the terrible room!
I understand that not everything runs perfectly, but some follow up and consideration from the front desk would have been greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I think the subject says it all. I recommend this hotel have it's franchise rights stripped immediately.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Please don't think the other poor reviews of this hotel are exaggerated, they're certainly not. This is without doubt the worst hotel I've ever stayed in in the U.S.A. and quite possibly anywhere at all. From the moment we arrived outside the dated motel style exterior I suspected we'd made a mistake. Inside the overwhelming smell of toxic cleaning materials certainly wasn't encouraging, strange though as there was little other evidence of cleaning having taken place. In terms of noise, if the freeway and the car park outside don't get you then the ice maker in the stifling hot corridor will. Breakfast was rubbish and despite it's claims this hotel really isn't well situated for 'historic Annapolis'. Well situated for a quick getaway east across the Bay Bridge which you'll be grateful for if you've stayed here. Personally, on this evidence, I shall never set foot in a Quality Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MandM29
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annapolis
Best Western Annapolis
Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 4 in Grasonville

Been to Motel 6 Annapolis? Share your experiences!