“Needs refurbishment”
Review of Motel 6 Annapolis

Motel 6 Annapolis
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed here because of location. Gave us a quick start in the morning to get across the bridge before traffic. Should have have stayed further away and got up early. First room had a bug crawling behind the bed, fogged up window and musty smell. They clerk was accommodating and gave us a new room. Same fogged up window and musty smell. Sink fixtures were cracked, rug dirty and bathroom not very clean. Slept very uncomfortably. Breakfast consisted of cereal, make your own waffles, danish and bagels. Only had the coffee and O.J, then went to Hardees. Stay at Qualitie's often, but this one needs the name removed. I'm not usually a hard person to please, but I would never stay here again, location or not.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Recently we were headed to the Eastern Shore and right before the Bay Bridge the traffic stopped due to what turned out to be a very serious accident. We decided to stop in a hotel before the bridge, and this hotel was the closest one. Many of the reviews were negative but we decided to check it out anyway. Not sure the history of the hotel, but in July 2013, we were very satisfied with our stay. Clean rooms, clean bathrooms, what looked like new sheets and comforters. Slept soundly, the rooms were quiet. Breakfast the next day was simple but good. Not a scenic hotel for people who want to have the feel of Annapolis, but it was great for a place to stay when on the road.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Asked front desk clerk (couldn't even get up out of her chair) if I could get out of my extra day stay. Was told I would be charged for a 1/2 day and I would have to call who we booked through which I was fine with. My wife booked online and when I called them I was told per the General Manager that they contacted that I was going to be charged the full rate. Keep in mind I did tell front desk clerk if I was being charged full price then I would stay. She said I wouldn't. I contacted the General Manager myself and had a heated discussion. (Hard to understand) Was told my wife when going out the door that I would be charged full price. The sitter only would smile.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Was misquoted on phone when making reservation. Upon arrival they didn't have 1st fl room I requested, was charged more than told on phone & manager was nasty & rude. Room smelled like a huge ash tray, only 1 of 3 lamps worked, shower sucked and staff was horrible. Will never stay here again. Not worth it.

Room Tip: Hire people to answer reservation line that know what they are doing & fire the obnoxioux manage...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed here for a wedding, thinking from looking at the site that we would be closer to Annapolis's tourist (enjoyable) area -- but it took fifteen minutes to get there. They were kind enough to let us check in before noon, which we appreciated.
The hotel was right next to 50 , though the room was acceptably quiet; perfectly clean, and comfortable beds. But the location was truly dismal, it was an old commercial access road paralleling Route 50, with nothing at all to walk to in the immediate area; and the breakfast really was a disappointment. The breakfast room was tiny -- it's not a small hotel, and the room seemed way too small to handle the guests, we were all pushing around each other to get to the buffet. The coffee was very very weak, the pastries (very few of them left by the time we got there) were pretty sad looking, the waffles were not good, altogether it wasn't nearlyo up to the usual modest standards of a Quality Inn included breakfast, which we find quite acceptable -- we sipped a bit of coffee, gave up on it, and got in the car ( no choice) and went out for breakfast. Since it was $50 more than the previous night at a La Quinta in Jessup with a much better breakfast, we weren't very happy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I needed a place to stay close to Annapolis for just one night, and this worked just fine. It's not pristine, but my room was clean and quiet and I felt very safe.The people who worked there were friendly and the free breakfast was as expected from Quality Inns.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

This place needs to be rennovated. It looked dirty and smelled really bad also . I felt my allergies flare up and I was only in there for 10 mins. Windows don't open , so that explains why it smells so bad. Sheets did not even look clean and they have the nerve to charge $100 a night . I didn't stay and asked for a refund

• Stayed: December 2012