“Totally average”
Review of Motel 6 Annapolis

Motel 6 Annapolis
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Hotel was central to our plans and was pet friendly so it suited us fine. We checked in an hour early ...only rooms that are pet friendly are smoking rooms but it didn't smell like smoke in the rooms. The cleaning products they use do really linger and some of my clothes absorbed the smell - so that wasn't great. Also one guest in the hotel was diturbing multiple times (she would bang on neighbor's door at 3/4/5am demanding to get "something" from room) but once I was in room - I didn't hear a thing. It's not a great hotel in any way - but it wasn't filthy or awful. It was okay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 October 2009

I showed up to this hotel a little early and not only would they not accomodate me, but they also refuse to let me use their bathroom so that I could change while I waited after a long trip to that area. I found that to be dispicable by a hotel. The hotel itself is just a done over motel in a not so great area. It didn't look very clean at all. I got absolutely no service from the front desk so save your time and money and find another place that at least will treat you like a paying customer. If you don't care about service, cleanliness or location, then this place is for you.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank BsDad
Reviewed 28 October 2008

Have stayed here off and on for a few years and the quality and maintenance of this hotel is going downhill. Beds are old and hard. there is a strong smell of cleaning agent in the halls (something like pinesol), the room cleaning staff are in action at 08:30 with their radio blaring in the linen room, mediocre food at the breakfast bar.

This hotel is a classic example of slapping some new stucco and facade over an old tired product.

It was a far better value when the rates were in the $60 to $80 range.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eirebuff
Reviewed 11 September 2007

We came to Annapolis to attend a wedding just over the Bay Bridge and we wanted a hotel that was relatively close. This hotel was not worth staying at. The front desk personnel was not pleasant, at all. I am not very fussy, but, there were a large variety of problems and most of them went unanswered when we asked about them. The room smelled musty and even after a few hours of air conditioning it did not help much. (The air freshener spray just gave a floral aroma to the must) The carpeting was dirty, and in the areas where guests could sit together it was worse. Dusting is a job that is apparently "taboo", because it clearly was not important to the service crew. I would consider myself to be a pleasant person to talk to, but whenever we went to the front desk, it was as though we were annoying them---I don't think I ever saw them smile. We only stayed 2 of the 4 days that we had planned. We went to another hotel that was 7 miles away (Holiday Inn Express) for the remainder of our stay. It was a wonderful and pleasant experience. It was clean and all of the staff was absolutely great. The Quality Inn's continental breakfast was nice,(my family liked the waffles) but that area was also dirty. It made sense why it was so dirty when we saw the attendant just wipe all the crumbs off of the counter directly onto the floor.( I wonder if they do the same at their own homes) I would never suggest to anyone to stay at this inferior hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank jswstuff
Reviewed 21 June 2007

I just tried to make a reservation. They said no problem. When I asked for the confirmation number I was told, “we have many rooms for that night. Just show up.”

Hummm this doesn’t make me confident. As a business traveler I want to know that I have a room and am not going to spend half the night arguing or looking for a new hotel.

I think I’ll be looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank jewelryferret
Reviewed 30 May 2007

We had 5 rooms at this hotel for the Naval Academy graduation. It was dirty, layers of dust on every ledge, there are only two outlets and they are at the sink, otherwise, unplug something. It did have an updated decor and linens and the breakfast was good. Easy on and off Hwy. 50. We paid a higher rate$139 for commissioning week. I wouldn't pay more than about $75 a night for this.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank LizAtHomeLa
Reviewed 23 October 2006

The location as described on the hotel's website is misleading - it's miles from Old Annapolis. The perfumey smell is everywhere - to hide the dirt? The room had cobwebs in the corners and dirt on the electrical outlets. There was one electrical outlet by the desk, with four items plugged in. To plug in my laptop, I had to unplug the fridge. And the noise - it sounded like the other guests were standing by my bed! You could hear every sound, magnified! This is not what I would expect from this chain.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SalJC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annapolis
Best Western Annapolis
Extended Stay America - Annapolis - Womack Drive
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 4 in Grasonville

Been to Motel 6 Annapolis? Share your experiences!