“Nice Historic Property” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Havre de Grace, Maryland
“Nice Historic Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I enjoy historic inns and restaurants, and found my weekend at the Historic Inns of Annapolis to be very pleasing. From the greetings of the valets to the free cold lemonade and ice water available in the lobby, I was impressed from the start. My room suite was located on the fourth floor of the Robert Johnson House, one of the three buildings for accomodations. Decorated in colonial style, the room contained a very comfortable king bed, sparkling bathroom, sitting area with a small window view of the water, two large tvs. I was there with others for my daughter's wedding reception at St. John's Boathouse. We also used the Historic Inns as venue for some of out activities: an after party in the Pub in the Maryland Inn and a private breakfast for forty in the Duke of Gloucester Room, same building. Our food was good, service was excellent, and everyone enjoyed the events. The location and convenience of the Historic Inns are very desirable, and I look forward to visiting there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Sylvia S:

Thank you for posting feedback about your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you so very much enjoyed your stay and that we were able to contribute to a delightful weekend celebrating a very special occasion. I wish your Daughter and Husband the very best.

Mike Radike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

First, let me say, the breakfast was the best we had in 3 weeks o travel! The waiter was efficient, personable and friendly. The rooms were the drawback, not too clean, small with extremely small bathrooms. The town was worth the visit! Perhaps next time we will ask to stay in there top hotel not the Calvert inn. They have about three hotels. Stay in the main building, the one you check inn. Would retun for the breakfast and location, still excellent value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MirkwoodF
Dear Betusa:

Thank you for your feedback. I enjoyed our visit during your stay and appreciated you letting me know of your impressions. It was also positive for me to hear that you thanked me for listening and taking action. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast and we’ll work on the other areas you noted during our discussion. I hope your trip home was a pleasant one.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

Type of rooms Guaranteed were not available... Staff Not very accommodating. In the area we were they did not put out coffee for the Morning and when asked they sdtated sorry but you and only a few others were in that area and hotel felt not enough people to bother putting out the Coffee.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Cheaprooms.com Traveler:

Thank you for your feedback and for helping me be aware that we did not put coffee out in our Robert Johnson House. I will fix that. I apologize that your room type was not available; I would be pleased to follow up on that if you would like to provide me with additional detail. We value each of our guests and will continue to work to improve the overall quality of the Historic Inns of Annapolis.

Tacoma, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

You could here noises, voices and adult behavior from the room next to us. This was very loud in our room, outside on the porch and on the sidewalk in front of the building. Went on for hours. We could not stand it and left for several hours..only to come back to it! Could not wait to leave the next day. We where there May 28 and 29th 2012 for our nephews graduation. We also did not know we would be staying in a different location as where our car was parked.
Other guests smoking outside our room on the porch which therefore came in our room through the air conditioner.
Flooring not level and ceiling fixture filthy!

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
1 Thank MHETacoma_WA
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear MHETacoma_WA:

Thank you for your feedback. As we conversed previous to this posting, in my prompt response to your email to me, I absolutely apologize that you encountered the difficulties you note here. Since your message we have reviewed our procedures for responding to noise complaints and will continue to update them as needed. I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to me earlier this week and that I was able to respond to your concerns as you requested.

Lodi, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

We had a truely wonderful experience at Historic Inns of Annapolis! They allowed us to checkin early. The staff especially the young man who greets you at the curb, was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful and very clen. Serendipity!

1 Thank sandy s
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Sandy S:

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to read that we started your stay off from the beginning and that you found the hotel to be clean and beautiful. I’m glad we contributed to a great stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We were on the third floor of the Maryland Inn and had no problems sleeping. The king size bed is amazing and perfect pillows for us. We were at the Inn for four nights and spent the evenings walking around historic Annapolis and visiting some of the local hot-spots. On one of our walks the Governor was standing outside the gates of his residence with children - the whole community has a very safe and friendly feel. There are great restaurants and shops all within walking distance. I've reviewed a few! The only reason I didn't give the Mayland five "stars" is because the bathroom was a little small, but we worked around it. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear GinaW-AK:

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed yourself and found the bed to be “amazing” and our location to be great as well.

We hope you enjoyed the nice weather, relative to what you may get in Alaska, and hope to have you stay with us again on your next visit to Annapolis.

Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

This weekend (Memorial Day) we decided to take an impromptu vacation to Annapolis,
Maryland (a 45 min. drive from our home in No.Virginia). The trip was pretty much done on the fly with reservations for the hotel made on Friday with us leaving from Saturday - Monday.
We did a lot by instinct, local word of mouth and iPhone and it was soooooo much fun!

Via Priceline.com, we stayed at Historic Inns of Annapolis (Maryland Inn) for $89 a night. The Maryland Inn is totally charming and has a true historic flair. Presidents, statesmen, and political dignitaries have enjoyed the comforts of this historic Annapolis property since the late 1700s. Now it can claim to have hosted my family! It has 44-rooms that are very clean and beautifully decorated with Victorian-era reproductions. A large front porch greets guests and is the perfect place to relax after a long day visiting downtown.

The Maryland Inn is also located in the perfect spot. It is located on the main strip of downtown Annapolis leading to City Dock where one can enjoy looking at docked boats or where you can hop on a cruise if you want to - we opted for the 40 minute Watermark cruise and found it to be fun! It overlooks the Maryland Statehouse (which we visited), is a few blocks from the U.S. Naval Academy (a can't miss), and there is also shopping, dining and a lot of other stuff to do within walking distance.

At the hotel, we used the valet as parking in this area seemed to be pretty crazy. The parking folks were great and even retrieved our car to load for check-out and return it after we decided to spend just a few more hours in Annapolis.

I would most highly recommend this hotel to friends and family!

Room Tip: If you go thru Priceline you will receive a 1 bed double room. Ours was clean and sized just well e...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear Beckar00:

Thank you for your feedback on the quality of your stay at the Maryland Inn this past May. We are very proud of the Historic Inns of Annapolis Hotel and of the three buildings that comprise the hotel. I am delighted that you found the room to be clean, the porch to be inviting, and our valet services to be friendly and efficient.

We value your business and want to be your hotel of choice when you visit Annapolis. Thank you.