“A great weekend.”

Historic Inns of Annapolis
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and I decided to stay here for a getaway St Paddy's weekend. It was our first time in Annapolis and it definitely won't be our last. The Maryland Inn is in a great location and was an awesome experience in comfort and history. Also The Treaty of Paris restaurant is located downstairs and has a great breakfast menu. For those who only like chain hotels, why would you book a room here, and then write something negative about this place?.... It's an historic hotel! I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to "enjoy" the Historic District. Thank you to all of the staff for your awesome service...we will see you again next year.

Room Tip: Room 314 has a great view of the water.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear RickNChristy:

Thank you for your feedback. I was glad that you had such a great stay with us and that breakfast in our Treaty of Paris restaurant got you off to a great start! You hit the nail on the head with your comment about how special we are – Thanks!

We appreciate your business - St. Patrick’s Day 2015 is on a Tuesday but we would be delighted to see you a couple of time before then. Have a great week.

Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Historic Inns of Annapolis

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed two nights for a getaway weekend, chose the Historic Inns based on good word of mouth. Was not disappointed! Our room had three windows, two facing the water, and one facing steeples and the local community. The room was super clean and well appointed. The bathroom was a little tight for two, but clean, with a view of the water. Can't beat the price or location. We had a four poster queen bed, large room, lots of space, and a sort of vintage feel to the atmosphere. It was like a super nice B and B, only bigger! A Starbucks in the basement was pretty cool, given the local history and escape tunnel! Didn't eat at the restaurant, but will next time, and there will be a next time. Loved this place. Oh, we heard there is supposed to be a friendly woman ghost on the fourth floor-- never saw her, maybe because we don't believe in ghosts, but makes for an interesting vibe and good story. Valet parking was worth it and efficient. Location and price made this a great value. You're right on Main at the church circle. Easy walk to the water and great dining. Check out Chick and Ruth's Delly (that's how they spell it) with many regulars and good food cheap. Just a block from the Inn. Try the crab omelettes..... Anyway, we loved the Maryland Inn and found the service wonderful and friendly. 5 stars here.

Room Tip: Higher up rooms have better water views. We were in 406, 3 windows, lots of sun. Smallish bathroom...
1  Thank Chuck L
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Chuck L:

Thank you for your feedback. What a great, all encompassing review! I think you hit on all aspects of your stay and I am so pleased that we did such a great job for you. I can not comment on the ghost, ever having experience that myself in the 3 years I have been here but you never know….

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My wife and I traveled to Annapolis for the Military Bowl in December and wanted a unique place to stay while we were there. The Historic Inns of Annapolis truly fits this bill.

We stayed in the Governor Calvert House, situated across the street from the historic State House. The staff was helpful, from parking tips to retrieving our game tickets from our car in Valet Parking.

The room was well-appointed, with a roof-top veranda overlooking the street.

Each morning we enjoyed coffee and danishes, and each evening, apple cider was available at the front lobby.

We definitely plan on returning to this inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Dburroway:

Thank you for posting your feedback about your stay with us during the Military Bowl. I was delighted to read how pleased you were and that you so enjoyed your stay. The Military Bowl will be in Annapolis for several years running so we look forward to welcoming you back again – don’t wait for the Bowl to happen though!

I am proud that we earned a rating of “5” from you and you have my commitment that my Team and I will continue to strive to achieve that level of success with each of our guests.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The valet staff was outstanding. The hotel has a bed and breakfast feel without breakfast. Coffee and Danish offered in the morning. The Danish and muffins were dry and tasted stale. The heating system was very loud.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear D R:

Thank you for your feedback on our recent stay. I was very pleased to read that you found our valet staff to be “outstanding” and will certainly share that. I will share your comments about the stale Danish and muffins and loud AC with appropriate members or my team so we can improve.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The location if great. The room condition is ok but had a mold smell. But the worse part was I had a new bottle of perfume go missing... When I contacted them I did get an apology and a little discount 10% good foe 3 month.. Pathetic
Won't be back... They are not really customer focused...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Passionfortravel1

Dear Passionfortravel1:

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay. I apologize you state that a bottle of perfume was missing from your room and that your experience was so atypical of many of our guests. I will follow up on your feedback so we can improve. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Thank you.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We booked two nights in the Maryland Inn primarily because of the pictures that we saw on the internet and the location of the hotel within the heart of the city. It almost seemed too good to be true, but my optimism won out over my naturally skeptical self. I think it took us less than 5 minutes to completely fall in love with the place! The charming room and ideal location were beyond what I had even hoped for. However, what really won us over were the staff. I had read some horror stories on this site about the valet service, but, quite honestly, all the guys were great! We never waited more than 5 minutes for our car. Jessica, at the front desk, made us feel like family. Actually, all the people up there did. Due to inclement weather, which cancelled our flight home, we were "forced" to spend another night at this great hotel. They didn't have another room in the Maryland Inn, so we stated in the Gov. Calvert. I liked this even better, although my girlfriend was still slightly more fond of the Maryland's personality. When we go back we might even encounter a rare disagreement between us on which of these two options we desire. Maybe we'll compromise and stay at the Robert Johnson... One thing we won't disagree on is staying at the Historic Inns. We loved it!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear CurlyOwl:

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay. I was delighted to read that your experiences were so positive and so consistent with the general commentary we receive from many of our guests. I was especially glad to see that many of our team members, among them Jessica at our Front Desk and “the valet guys,” made individual contributions of great service.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The buildings of the Historic Inns of Annapolis have great locations in the center of the historic area, but the service and accommodations leave much to be desired. Maybe we checked-in at a busy time, but the service at the front desk was less than gracious. I had gone to park the car (valet is $24.00), and when I returned to inquire about where my room was, I was given a map and directions. They would not tell me the room number...for security? She could have asked for a photo ID, after I mentioned that my husband had already checked-in. The walk took 5-10 minutes, and fortunately my husband had carried our bag. (Is there a service for those who have more luggage or problems walking, I cannot speak to that.) I phoned him to see where we were, and he told me we were across from the elevator and right by the ice machine...mind you, this was an upgrade from the room I originally booked in the Governor Calvert House. I had requested a quiet room and was phoned by the front desk prior to our arrival, which I thought was very nice, to see if they could move us to a larger room in another inn which would be more to our liking. We were given a "suite" in the Maryland Inn, but it was far from quiet. The ice machine was going until late at night, and started again with a constant stream of guests at 8:15 in the morning. Note to manager: please move the machine, or turn it off during certain (reasonable) hours when guests are expecting to sleep. Guests using loud voices while waiting at the elevator sounded like they were in the room with us. Enough said on this...
The room was clean, but the furnishings were dated, not historic, and the mattress sagged to the center. The bathroom was small, so it did not have racks to hang towels, but the products were very nice. Fortunately Annapolis has many historic places to visit and nice shops, so staying in the room is not the primary concern. For a night or two it is fine, but not the luxury high-end experience you are led to believe awaits you.
We had a lovely dinner at Osteria 177, a lively place a couple of blocks from the hotel on Main Street.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a wedding on the night of your stay, because you should ask to be as far away from t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear love2trave09:

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay. I very much appreciate the details of your comments. We strive diligently to provide great service to our guests and our results over time bear out that we generally succeed.

However, in you point out a number of issues that are of concern to me and which I will copy and share with the appropriate managers on my Team. I apologize that you found the service at the desk to be an issue and that your husband carried your bag; our valets routinely offer to perform that duty. We do not state room numbers out loud but should have point out the room number to you on your key packet. We are considering removing ice machines entirely and I have made note of your comments in that area.

I was please to read that you found your room to be clean and our hotel’s location to be excellent. We value your business and hope you will come back and visit us again.