“The Maryland Inn is Charming”

Historic Inns of Annapolis
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
New York
“The Maryland Inn is Charming”
Reviewed 16 December 2008

We recently stayed at the Maryland Inn in Annapolis, MD, which is part of the Historic Inns of Annapolis. This is not the first time we have stayed at this beautiful hotel, and it will certainly not be the last time. Annapolis is such a quaint, vibrant town teeming with history and the Maryland Inn is a perfect complement.. We stayed in a fantastic suite with a large living room, a bedroom, and an eat-in kitchen. All of the rooms have that colonial feel to them and are tastefully decoarted and furnished. In addition, the staff is incedibly accomodating and are very willing to help with any request. All in all, I could not recommend this hotel any more eagerly. We always enjoy our stay at the Historic Inns and look forward to returning,

• Liked — Room
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Providence RI
Reviewed 1 December 2008

My family joined me for a conference that was held at the Historic Inns of Annapolis this November. I was wary due to some of the reviews here, but the trip was amazing. We were traveling with a 2 month old baby, and the hotel made sure that we had a crib and a fridge for storing bottles. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was beautiful. We stayed in the Governor Calvert House and the meeting was in the Maryland Inn. I believe these are the two furthest inns from one another and it was not more than a 3-5 minute walk between them.

I unfortunately became ill on the trip and had to go to the hospital. The staff at the hotel went out of their way to help out, including getting our car out of the valet park in the middle of the night and having security drive my husband to a store to get formula for our baby also in the middle of the night (before the car was out). Everyone, from the front desk staff, valets, security and housekeeping was incredibly kind and helpful. Despite the sickness we had a wonderful time, and I would love to return to the Inns for a vacation in the future.

• Liked — Friendliness and helpfulness of the staff
  • Disliked — difficult to get to with construction on State Circle (not their fault)
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 24 November 2008

Well, if you're looking at hotels or B&B's in Annapolis, you know that the rates are rarely less than $150. But, because Historic Inns had a great rate, and a fantastic location, we thought we'd give it a try, and it was really a great move! We could walk to anything in downtown in a couple minutes (by the way, try one of the City Dock Coffee cafes) and all of the Historic Inn buildings are very much part of that downtown street-scape and historical story.

We were at the Robert Johnson building, which has 4 floors, with elevator and stairs. The room was very visually appealing, stylish fabrics, wall coverings, furniture, and accessories. The TV was even pretty nice...
But, the bathroom wasn't anything special, and the mattress was really pretty hard so this wasn't quite a home run, but we'd definitely consider Historic Inns for our next trip to Annapolis.

Our interaction with the staff was minimal: Check In was easy and quick, we chose not to valet park ($24/night), but the valets were helpful with directions, and a desk worker helped me get directions to a nearby town. We would note that the coffee service in the lobby of our building was pretty bad...and out of sugar the whole time we were there (even after the front desk became aware). Also, checkout was via telephone and very, very easy.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable Bed
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
maryland
Reviewed 22 November 2008

Wonderful room! Clean and bright, decorated beautifully our room had old-time class and charm. The staff were all great. Very helpful and friendly. The front office manager (her name was either Allie or Ellie) helped me coordinate a surprise for my girlfriend which went off excellently and made our stay all the more special. It's personal touches like that- out of the question at large chain hotels- that make this place unique and one-of-a-kind. I'm a local and this was my first stay, but we will be making this an annual stay because of the lasting memories which were made. I recommend this to couples of all ages and especially guys looking to pop the question in a romantic, memorable setting!

• Liked — The personall, friendly service of staff.
  • Disliked — TV needed VH-1
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
New Mexico
Reviewed 10 November 2008

This was my second visit to this hotel. I had returned due to the excellent service, location and attention to detail they had provided. The second visit even surpassed the first. I was remembered, catered to and thoroughly pampered. The difference in this hotel and others is the personal touch. The front office staff is superb and their manager is to be commended. I plan on returning--I feel like I have a home away from home now!

• Liked — Friendly front office staff & beautiful room.
  • Disliked — Time of stay was too short.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Maryland
Reviewed 9 November 2008

We had a great stay at Historic Inns of Annapolis. We wanted a getaway because we always stay at our resort home in Ocean city and wanted to find something that a little different. We found Histotic Inns on line and found it to be every thing that we hoped for. We stayed at the Robert Johnson, rooms were quiet and decorated nicely. Even though you have to check in at the Governor Calvert House, they make it very easy for you in chekcing out and retrieving you car. You never have to leave your room to do either. The hotel is located to everything in town and you never need your car to go anywhere.THe valet and front desk staff are very firendly and helpful and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Location and staff
  • Disliked — Price for vlaet
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 7 November 2008

Although I only stayed at the Historic Inns for one night, I enjoyed every moment of it. Besides the obvious reasons such as location and history; the staff and room were lovely. I stayed at the Robert Johnson which was perfect for a quiet, relaxing night coming from NYC. I will definitely be returning to the Historic Inns when I am need of some R and R once again.

• Liked — THe location
  • Disliked — Nothing!!!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple