“CLASSIC HISTORIC HOTEL- PERFECT TO TAKE IN ALL THAT ANNAPOLIS OFFERS”

Historic Inns of Annapolis
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Twin Cities
“CLASSIC HISTORIC HOTEL- PERFECT TO TAKE IN ALL THAT ANNAPOLIS OFFERS”
Reviewed 6 August 2010

There may be more plush places. But if you are looking for adventure, history, and a photogenic experience, the Maryland Inn or any of the Historic Properties are the way to go. It lends to the overall atmosphere of one of the nicest Colonial era villages on the East Coast.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Sparta, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This hotel was located on the corner of Church Cir. and MainSt and all the shops that lead down to the wharf. High ceilings and big, comfy beds. The room was decorated as it might have been in the late 1800's, but it was clean and quaint. Hey...what do you expect from a hotel in Annapolis that used to be the capitol!
From the bathroom window, we could see the dome of the capitol. There was a Starbucks just out the front door of the hotel and down below the ground-real cool! It had a secret tunnel that leads to the Capitol (now closed off), but check it out. Across the street was a bank. We walked a short 1/2 block on a cobblestone back alley to State circle and not a far walk to the Naval Academy and boat rides.
I would DEFINITLY stay here again!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 August 2010

My stay at the Historic Inns of Annapolis was great. Everyone at the Inn was especially helpful in making this a pleasant visit to Annapolis. The young lady at the front desk was exceptional in delivering patron service; she went out of her way to make sure I had everything I needed for my stay and my early morning departure. Although I was staying in a different building a short distance from the main one, my valet was courteous and helpful in making sure I arrived safe and sound. My room was clean, comfortable and beautifully situated with a view of the state capitol. I felt part of Maryland history, too, by staying here. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
NH
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My husband and I stayed here and loved it! It was within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go. It was clean and the staff was nice and helpful. Parking was $24 a night but we never needed our car.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NappinNh
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The location can't be beat for walking distance to all downtown sights. Allie, who was in charge of reservations, upgraded us without us even asking and could not have been any nicer. The suite was perfect and we slept great. I'd also recommend Cafe Normandie for a delicious French meal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 July 2010

they bent over backwards to make it good. special thanks to Alex

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2010

The city of Annapolis, was historic, friendly and a great place to visit. I would recommend a visit to the Annapolis Naval Academy. Now to the hotel review. We booked a stay at what we thought was one hotel but it is actually several hotels by the same company in different areas in Annapolis. We checked in at the Governors Inn on State street where we were meet by the most horrible smell. So when the check-in clerk directed us to the Maryland Inn at church circle we did not complain. There is not valet at the Maryland Inn so you have to take or meet the valet there. We choose to take our valet with us.

The Maryland Inn is very historic circa 1700. The lovely style and quaintness was exactly what we were looking for. The rooms are super small but that's how it was built back then. The decor was nice and our room was clean.

We did dine at the Treaty of Paris for breakfast. It was my birthday and I wanted the experience. The history of the place hosted dining to Ben Franklin and John Adams. The food was good. Our waiter was not nice. He clearly had an attitude. Don't really know why? Tried to be the bigger people and still tipped him well but I wish you a better experience then we had. Kinda disappoints when you have one chance to treasure an experience of such a historic place for a special day and someone ruins it with their bad attitude.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple