“Very nice hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Leonardtown, Maryland
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great location. Short walk to restaurants and stores. Ample hotel parking for a fee. Rooms are clean, well appointed, and very comfortable. The hotel has a warm and sophisticated feel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Interior facing room was quiet. The hotel has a large and loud exhaust fan on the second or third fl...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Tiny_Elvis2014,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed our very recently renovated guest rooms, featuring new décor, linens, 47-inch smart TVs and more. We want a supremely comfortable, welcoming and vibrant setting for our guests, and I’m happy you enjoyed the environment!

Walking around in Annapolis is a favorite activity of mine and many guests – delighted you enjoyed our central location for exploring the restaurants, stores, live music scene and more.

Thanks so much for recommending us to friends! We would love the opportunity to welcome you again anytime you visit the Annapolis area.

Barbara McMahon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Great location, we did not have to drive all weekend! We walked to dinner and to the Naval Academy easily from the hotel. The staff are very welcoming and very helpful. Our room was quiet and comfortable. Overall, we would stay here again and recommend to our friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear 125MacDonald,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I’m so happy you enjoyed one of our top features- location, location, location! We feel fortunate to be so conveniently located on West Street, a short stroll to restaurants, live music, shops, the city dock and the Naval Academy.

I appreciate your kinds words about our staff and am certainly glad you experienced the welcoming, friendly service for which we have come to be known.

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis, and for recommending us to friends. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back anytime you visit the area. Also, while in NYC, hopefully you can also enjoy and check out our sister property Loews Regency, which also just completed a major renovation!

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I coordinated for six people to come stay at the hotel from several states to attend a event. The first night my girlfriend woke up with pink eye from the pillows. When we told the front desk it took over seven hours for them to come change the linens out. When the staff finally did come to change it out, we went to the bar for a drink and watched as the restaurant/bar manager openly made fun and criticized patrons who were in the bar behind their backs in front of other patrons. Disappointing to experience in a place that I know is better than that.

• Stayed March 2014
BarbaraMcMahonLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear cweb0880, first and foremost I hope your girlfriend's eye is better. I am so sorry that we did not respond sooner and regret any inconveniences. We definitely want to speak with you to review in detail your concenrs as well as to begin to make amends. Can you please call me at 410-295-3295. Thank you very much for taking the time to express your concerns but most important begin to correct the situation for others.

Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was our second time staying here and both times, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The facility is immaculate, well appointed, and the customer service across all sectors was outstanding. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bemba B,
I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. I’m delighted you decided to visit a second time, and by how much you enjoyed our property. We recently finished renovating all our rooms, and I’m excited you found things well-appointed! Our team works hard every day to deliver great service that exceeds expectations, so thank you for making mention of service across the board.

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis, and I hope we can soon welcome you for a third visit, and maybe some friends too!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel, staff and services all were very nice. They have updated the hotel and my wife and I enjoyed our stay. very comfortable room and the staff is veruy friendly and accommodating. We will return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear SteveGersten,
I’m so happy you had a very comfortable stay and enjoyed our freshly updated property! As you note, we just this March finished renovating all our guest rooms and suites- now featuring new décor, linens and furniture, 47-inch flatscreen smart televisions, free Wifi in all our rooms, and more.

I appreciate your kind words about our staff. Memorable and helpful service is our top priority!

We would love to welcome you back sooner than later. Hopefully you can return for an exciting Spring and Summer as sailing season kicks off, and Annapolis is bustling with activity.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently had a two day meeting at the Loews Annapolis Hotel and was very pleased with how they were willing to work with me and within the limitations of my strict and limited budget to make my meeting a success. The customer service from all staff is excellent. They truly appreciate your business and make you feel appreciated as a customer. All of the staff, from the the valets to the sales, catering, banquet, and front desk staff are very polite, professional, helpful and friendly, and they really do make everyone feel welcome. The hospitality business is not an easy one and there are many hotels who are mediocre at it at best, but the Loews Annapolis Hotel goes above and beyond what you get at most hotels. They recently went through a renovation, and the sleeping rooms are very, clean, quiet and comfortable. They offer everything you need! I would recommend the Loews Annapolis Hotel to other meeting planners.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GMLoews, Director of Sales & Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Laura L,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience planning a meeting with us and working with many of our staff through that process. We greatly appreciate your business and are thrilled to hear the meeting was a success!

Thank you for highlighting our team’s service from throughout the property, and their welcoming attitude. This is a truly dedicated, passionate team who cares for all our clients’ and guests’ experiences. I’m delighted to know you saw us go above and beyond and felt taken care of as a valued client.

It’s wonderful that you’re enjoying our renovated rooms and the comfortable environment we worked to create. We sincerely appreciate your recommendation to other meeting planners to work with us. Please continue to let us know how we can best meet your meetings, conference, and personal travel needs!

Thank you for your business, and the Loews Annapolis Hotel team looks forward to working with you in the future!

Tracey Lyon-Mercado
Belle Mead
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My family was awoken by banging on our door at 3:30am by an outside pizza delivery person in error. I was told by the front desk that they do allow delivery people up to the rooms but they ought to make sure the delivery person gets the right room and doesn't cause such disturbance to the patrons who are sleeping and didn't order pizza! I've never had this experience before and I hope I never do again. I was unable to sleep and I was disappointed that the hotel policy allows this. I spoke with the very nice day manager and recommended they review their policy and procedure. The valet staff was excellent by the way, probably the best I've ever dealt with!

• Stayed March 2014
BarbaraMcMahonLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
MWindish, thank you very much for your comments. Please know that since your notice, we have reviewed this practice and it has been corrected. Per our initial directive, hotel guests will be asked to come to the desk to accept and pay for deliveries. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and of course, if you would like to discuss this further, please call me at 410-295-3295.