“It’s Better By the Bay”

Loews Annapolis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 April 2014

From the pillow top mattress to the luxurious terry bath robes, this place speaks comfort. They’ve just completed a two-year renovation of the entire facility and you’d think this is a brand new building. The rooms and lobbies are all in excellent shape.
My room (351) was spacious and well appointed. The desk was a decent size (30x60) with good lighting, four desktop 110v outlets and one USB charging port. The room had an abundant Keurig coffee setup in addition to a mini fridge below the 48-inch+ flat-screen TV. Internet works well and is complimentary for up to three devices.
Deep wide dresser drawers supplemented some nice open shelving below the two night tables.
Mine was a king room and the bed was extremely comfortable (it keeps calling me and I’m doing the best I can to resist.)
The room is simply and tastefully done in a nautical palette of blues, ivories and tans. White crown mold accents the ceiling line and the walls are done in an attractive stucco finish. Wonderful black and white photos are matted and framed in the bedroom and bath.
As I write this, Loews Hotel chain is having a National Grilled Cheese Month feature at each of their hotels. Annapolis calls their creation “It’s Better by the Bay” and it includes jumbo lump crabmeat, crab dip, cheddar cheese, asparagus, apple bacon and served on brioche. It comes with large fries and it is marvelous. Kudos to the chef at WEST, Bar and Grill.
For those of you with dogs, remember that Loews loves pets. Your dog will get their own water bowl at check in and there’s a dog exercise area just outside. On the last Friday of the month, check out their “Canines and Cocktails” events, with proceeds going to help various shelters and rescues.
While everyone seems to get out and jog in Annapolis, if you’re an inside exerciser, this place is for you. They have one of the best equipped exercise rooms I’ve ever seen at a hotel with multiple machines for all the popular routines.

Room Tip: I had room 351 and it was very quiet looking out to the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear TravelWriterDB,
Wow, I’m blown away by your thoughtful, thorough review of our property. I’m thrilled about how much you enjoyed Loews Annapolis and appreciate your detailed feedback. Surely this will help others on TripAdvisor!

As you highlight, we just completed a multi-year renovation, finishing it up this March 2014 with completely updated guest rooms. I’m so glad you were comfortable, enjoyed the spaciousness of our rooms and our new, complimentary WiFi in every guest room. Thanks for calling out several features – including: new bedding, 47-inch flatscreen, smart TVs, “tech-friendly” desks with various charging outlets, Keurig coffee and tea maker, mini-fridge, and more. Of course, the décor is new, and I’m glad you enjoyed the chic, coastal-inspired palette with blues and whites. As far as the property, we do offer a complimentary guest fitness center featuring natural light.

Loews does Love Pets! You’re right that we love to welcome pets and offer several amenities for our guests traveling with them. “Canines and Cocktails” kicks off May 30, 2014, and then subsequent last Fridays of the month until Fall!
We’re having a great time with National Grilled Cheese month, and offering a unique, local sandwich special! Glad it was a tasty treat!

Thank you again for choosing Loews Annapolis and for your attention to detail. The details are always important to us, and I’m happy they added up to a fantastic experience. Please come again!

Barbara McMahon, General Manager

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We liked everything about the hotel. The service was good. The rooms are very nice. It's in a good location. Our only complaint is we could hear the people in the next room. I don't think they were being very loud but still we could could hear them easily.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M
GMLoews, Director of Sales & Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear John M,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I’m so excited you like everything about our hotel, including our brand new guestrooms just renovated in March this year! We are fortunate to have this location, so convenient for exploring downtown Annapolis’ many offerings. Of course, we always strive to complement everything at the property with top notch service, and thank you for mentioning. I’m sorry that hearing other guests was bothersome during your stay. This is something we will monitor as it’s not common feedback; we always want to improve ourselves and value our guests' input, so thank you for letting us know. Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back during future visits to Annapolis!

Warm regards,
Tracey Lyon-Mercado

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Our experience at the Loews has always been great. Pleasant service from all employees and administrative staff. The new look of the rooms was great. We've been treated like family over several years.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Charles W,
Thank you very much for taking time to give this feedback. It’s an honor to welcome you again and again over the years, and we greatly appreciate your loyalty. I’m so excited you like our newly renovated rooms just finished in March 2014. I hope you like the light, modern feel and new 47-inch TVs, complimentary Wifi and more!

Thank you for mentioning our team – they are passionate about our service and guests’ experiences. Hopefully you will be back soon to enjoy the warm weather in Annapolis, our patio, and plenty of local activities.

Thanks again for choosing Loews Annapolis!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was here for a meeting and had not stayed at a Loews in a long time. I was pleasantly surprised that the bed and pillows were so great! Most hotels, including high-end hotels have flat pillows and these were fluffy! I slept so good! In addition, the staff were great, the food at both the meeting and the restaurant was very good, and it was in a nice location near good restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Tammy H,
Thank you for the TripAdvisor review. I’m so happy you came back to Loews and got to enjoy our brand new, renovated guest rooms – we just finished them in early March 2014! I’m certainly pleased to know the bed and pillows were so comfortable and provided a great night of rest.

I appreciate you making note of our great staff and will pass on your kind words. We have a great team for our Catering and Conference services, and in our on-property restaurant, so happy you enjoyed the food.

Location, location, location- we’re fortunate to be in a great spot, a quick stroll to Main Street and the water, and with arts and music venues right outside our doors!

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had a few hotel options to choose from, but once I spoke to the Loews representative it made my decision for me. Everyone we encountered was friendly, courteous and helpful. I was provided a map and an umbrella from the front door man who encouraged me to save my money on cab fare and walk to my destination, the front desk flolks treated us very well and when we left we encountered the kindess parking garage attendant we had ever met! We will be returning for another visit soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lori M,
Thank you so much for your time to review Loews Annapolis. First, thank you for choosing Loews and giving us a chance to give you a memorable experience. I’m very happy our focus on personalized, friendly service was very apparent, and that our team members offered their local expertise and assistance to help you make the most out of your time in Annapolis!

We are fortunate to have such dedicated, passionate staff, and I’m glad they made an impression, even on your way out of the parking garage! We would love to have you again and hope you can visit Annapolis soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great location. Short walk to restaurants and stores. Ample hotel parking for a fee. Rooms are clean, well appointed, and very comfortable. The hotel has a warm and sophisticated feel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Interior facing room was quiet. The hotel has a large and loud exhaust fan on the second or third fl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Tiny_Elvis2014,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed our very recently renovated guest rooms, featuring new décor, linens, 47-inch smart TVs and more. We want a supremely comfortable, welcoming and vibrant setting for our guests, and I’m happy you enjoyed the environment!

Walking around in Annapolis is a favorite activity of mine and many guests – delighted you enjoyed our central location for exploring the restaurants, stores, live music scene and more.

Thanks so much for recommending us to friends! We would love the opportunity to welcome you again anytime you visit the Annapolis area.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Great location, we did not have to drive all weekend! We walked to dinner and to the Naval Academy easily from the hotel. The staff are very welcoming and very helpful. Our room was quiet and comfortable. Overall, we would stay here again and recommend to our friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear 125MacDonald,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I’m so happy you enjoyed one of our top features- location, location, location! We feel fortunate to be so conveniently located on West Street, a short stroll to restaurants, live music, shops, the city dock and the Naval Academy.

I appreciate your kinds words about our staff and am certainly glad you experienced the welcoming, friendly service for which we have come to be known.

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis, and for recommending us to friends. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back anytime you visit the area. Also, while in NYC, hopefully you can also enjoy and check out our sister property Loews Regency, which also just completed a major renovation!