“Great Commissioning Week stay”

Loews Annapolis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
York, ME
“Great Commissioning Week stay”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Loews Annapolis was outstanding to me and my family during a busy, fun week. The staff were pleasant, professional, helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family. The only downside is potential noise transmitted from neighboring rooms.

2 Thank baconbyts
GMLoews, Director of Sales and Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear baconbyts,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you had an outstanding experience with us, and our friendly, professional staff made a great lasting impression! USNA Commissioning Week is indeed a busy, and exciting time, and I’m glad we could contribute to your positive experience in Annapolis. We greatly appreciate your recommendation to others. We do not frequently get noise concerns but certainly appreciate your feedback so we can continue to monitor and ensure guests are not bothered by noise.

Tracey Lyon-Mercado
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hotel was good but customer service was really bad. We called the front desk and asked for a corkscrew bottle opener. She said she would have one sent. An hour and a half later we left for dinner and no one had come with the bottle opener. The restaurant service was even worse.

Room Tip: Dont eat at restaurant unless you want to wait forever to get service
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Felix M
BarbaraMcMahonLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Felix M,
Thank you taking the time to leave comments and let us know about your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for receiving poor and unsatisfactory service, and for the inconvenience this caused you. It is our standard for staff to follow up on all guest requests and ensure a complete and satisfied outcome for the guest- please know I have taken this opportunity and reviewed our standard and commitment to exceeding guests’ expectations with our Front Desk team. Likewise, I’m truly sorry about the wait you experienced in the restaurant, and I have addressed this service lapse with my restaurant General Manager to ensure others do not have a similar experience.

Since these retraining opportunities with our staff, I believe you will notice our commitment to top notch service upon a return visit. I hope you will consider coming back to give Loews Annapolis another chance. Please feel free to call me at 410-295-3295 if you would like to discuss anything further.

Barbara

Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Living only an hour away in VA, we booked a quick Memorial Day Weekend getaway with the kids. This hotel was perfect. Close enough to everything so that you could walk and nice, clean rooms. The staff was very friendly and free Wi-Fi was a plus. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend to everyone. We were leaning toward the Westin bc they have a swimming pool and this place doesn't but the location of this is more central.

The best part of the stay was the hotel staff. They were excellent.

1 Thank sharvuda
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear kiroop,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I’m just delighted you had such a relaxing getaway – almost a ‘staycation’ being only an hour away – with your family. Don’t we all need that?

I’m happy you enjoyed our very central, convenient location for walking around downtown Annapolis. Our rooms are completely redone following recent renovations, so it’s great to know you enjoyed them, along with the free Wifi!

Thank you for the praise for our friendly staff. They work hard to make our hotel a welcoming, comfortable retreat. We so appreciate you giving us a chance, and I’m thrilled we were ‘perfect’ for your trip!

I hope we get the chance to welcome you all again. Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis!

Southern Indiana
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was here for a work meeting and this was my first Loews hotel. The meeting booked the hotel. The location was great. After the meeting was over I was able to take the free trolley that stops right across the street at the 7-11 down to the Naval Academy. There are also other stops and the driver will stop anywhere if you just ask. The hotel itself was nice. The parking wasn't well marked. I tend to self park. The self park here is outside and they had most of the lines painted in blue. I couldn't tell if that was supposed to be handicapped only or just the color of paint they used. Just to be sure I parked down further to make sure I didn't get towed. Parking is $20 a day, which was expected in this area since parking is at a premium. The room was very large and was well appointed. The free internet was too slow to do anything so be prepared to pay the $14.95 a day if you need to use the internet. The group had lunch in the hotel restaurant and the crab cake I had was very good, but I didn't pay the bill so I can't comment on the prices. Overall I had a good stay and would consider staying here again if in Annapolis.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Maysen
Dear Maysen,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We enjoy working with companies of all sizes to book meetings, conferences and retreats in historic, seaside Annapolis. I’m glad you enjoyed an overall good stay, and got to take advantage of our convenient location for exploring Annapolis and the Naval Academy. We highly recommend our guests don’t leave Annapolis without seeing the Academy, either by walking the campus yourself or a guided tour.

I’m happy you liked the room size and found it well-appointed. We just completed our rooms renovation in March of this year. We very much appreciate the feedback, and we share all our reviews with our staff.

I’m sorry the parking markings weren’t clear to you and for any inconvenience this caused. We have brought this up to our Director of Facilities and will be rectifying this as soon as possible.

Regarding the free Wifi, most guest find it is enough, however, as you mention we do offer an upgraded option for guests who want to stream things or require more bandwidth for a nominal fee.

We appreciate your comments, and we’re glad to know you would consider staying again. I hope we get that chance to welcome you back.

Tracey Lyon-Mercado
Director of Sales and Marketing
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Nice place to hold a meeting (which we did) and very convenient location to the historic part of Annapolis - staff and service were all around excellent - rooms were very nice, clean and spacious... the only downside is they stick you with a $20/per day parking 'fee' when you park your own car in an outside lot - I get the valet part ($23/day) if you chose to do so but why is it they think they need to stab you in back when you have no other real choice, not to mention you are doing all of the work - the word 'greed' (plus a few others I won't mention) comes to mind...nice for their bottom line, sucks for the people paying the bill for absolutely nothing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear DanM320,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience. I’m glad it was an overall nice stay for you, with positive elements like our convenient location in downtown Annapolis, highly committed staff and excellent service. I’m also happy you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and the space the room offered.

I’m sorry to learn about your frustration with our parking fee. I too despise overnight parking rates. In fact my husband frequent DC and always park in the restricted weekday diplomat only spaces on weekends!! This said unfortunately paying for parking in Annapolis is part of the experience. Please know we do our very best to offer rates that are competitive for the area and in line with or lower than other hotels.

Thank you again for the review, and I hope we’ll have the chance to welcome you back for another stay.

Slinger, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel was beautiful and the service was great. Valet service was tremendous. Doors were opened and held for us every time we entered or exited. Joanna at the front desk was especially helpful. The location is really good for walking around the city.

1 Thank Daniel R
Dear Daniel R,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you experienced our dedication to top notch service and our staff’s professional, helpful work ethic. I’m so glad you enjoyed our beautiful, recently renovated property and our very convenient location for walking around downtown Annapolis. We are located on West St, among several restaurants and near art galleries, and it is around an 8-minute walk from the hotel to the waterfront area.

Thank you for your praise of Joanna and our valet team – I have shared it with all our team, and asked that they keep up the good work!

We appreciate you choosing Loews Annapolis and hope to get to welcome you back again soon.

York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I only stayed one night for an event that evening. The hotel and our room were very clean and smelled really nice. There is an angel working the front desk. I believe her name was Joanna. Super nice, went out of her way to help us find a venue in downtown Annapolis and pretty to boot! Jamar in the restaurant was excellent and very accomodating. Even when leaving the parking facility, Pat asked us if we needed directions. We did and her directions were spot-on! What a pleasant stay!

This in not the most expensive hotel in the area but the room and meals were on the pricier side. If you're concerned about saving a buck and looking for cheap, try a Motel 6.

BRuppert from PA

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear BRuppert,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are so happy it was such a pleasant experience and can think of few higher compliments than hearing our team members’ helpful, friendly and above and beyond service was a big part of your experience. Joanna at our front desk is such an asset on our team – thank you for recognizing her personalized service, and we will do the same. I’m glad Jamar in our restaurant also was so accommodating, and Pat our always-cheerful parking attendant!

It’s great to hear your comments about the room, as we have just finished renovating them in March of this year with new design, linens and updated amenities. We’ll share your feedback with our team.

Thank you very much for choosing Loews Annapolis! I hope we get the chance to welcome you back for another Annapolis visit.