“Annapolis for Memorial Weekend”

Loews Annapolis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I wanted a quick getaway from Washington DC for Memorial Day weekend and chose to go to historic and quaint Annapolis. The Loews hotel was a perfect choice!! Great customer service from the valet, bellhop, front desk, restaurant staff and management. They all made our stay amazing.

You can catch a FREE trolley in front of the property to go to Main st., but can walk as well. There are nice restaurants in close to by with a 7Eleven across the street.

Added plus was the lounge area in the front of the building, next to the street. Great people watching with great cocktails. We even caught the Memorial Day parade right out front.

The room was spacious, well decorated, quiet, with refrigerator and comfy bed. We left very well rested and will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Dransom,
We are extremely delighted you had such a pleasant, restful getaway to Loews Annapolis over Memorial Weekend. Isn’t it amazing to find charming, historic Annapolis and the Chesapeake Bay so near Washington, DC, but with a great ‘getaway’ feeling? Depending on time of day, it’s around a 45-minute or hour drive from DC.

I’m so happy you experienced our dedicated customer service, and the staff could make your stay amazing. Our location is quite convenient, about an 8-minute walk to Main St. and the waterfront. We love the free Circulator trolley that stops outside the hotel! We also just finished renovating all of our rooms, so I’m excited you liked the décor, bed and in-rooms offerings like the mini-fridges.

The lounge and outdoor patio is part of our West restaurant, and I agree it is a lovely, relaxing spot for a meal and cocktails!

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis, and please come escape with us again soon! Did you get to go sailing? We’ll be waiting to welcome you back.

Cheers!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We recently celebrated our 10th anniversary at Loews Annapolis--our first trip without all three kids. We had a fabulously relaxing, pampered, scrumptious stay at Loews. The location was great for leaving the car and touring the city by foot. Upon learning it was our anniversary, Joanna (front desk) surprised us by leaving chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our room. The valet was friendly and talkative, providing us some great suggestions for local dining. Every time we entered the lobby, staff welcomed us back and asked if we needed anything. We actually want to bottle up whatever fragrance scented the lobby area--it was delicious. Breakfast at the West Kitchen was fabulous!
We have already recommended this spot to numerous family and friends and hope to make a return visit--maybe we'll even bring the kids!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Neide845,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are just thrilled we could help provide such a great 10th anniversary experience and celebratory, relaxing getaway. Congratulations to you!!

I’m excited you enjoyed our very convenient location for strolling around downtown Annapolis. I have shared your great praise for our team members around the hotel. We believe exceptional, friendly, knowledgeable service is of the utmost importance and defines our guests’ experiences – we’re ecstatic yours was so memorable and you felt pampered and relaxed.

We would love to welcome you and your family back! Thank you very much for choosing Loews Annapolis, and we wish you many more years of happiness.

Cheers!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at this particular hotel for 3 nights and I have no complaints. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure their guests are happy and the hotel was clean and up to date. The area around the hotel is great!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GMLoews, Director of Sales and Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear mgpeaden,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed our updated property. We just finished renovating all our rooms and suites with a new design and updated features like 47-inch flatscreen TVs. Thank you for highlighting out staff’s “above and beyond” attitude – our team is very dedicated to the guests, and I’m happy they ensured your needs were met.

Annapolis is a great escape, charming, historic and with many entertainment, cultural and restaurant offerings. Happy to hear how much you liked the area around us!

We appreciate the feedback and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Loews Annapolis was outstanding to me and my family during a busy, fun week. The staff were pleasant, professional, helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family. The only downside is potential noise transmitted from neighboring rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank baconbyts

Dear baconbyts,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you had an outstanding experience with us, and our friendly, professional staff made a great lasting impression! USNA Commissioning Week is indeed a busy, and exciting time, and I’m glad we could contribute to your positive experience in Annapolis. We greatly appreciate your recommendation to others. We do not frequently get noise concerns but certainly appreciate your feedback so we can continue to monitor and ensure guests are not bothered by noise.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hotel was good but customer service was really bad. We called the front desk and asked for a corkscrew bottle opener. She said she would have one sent. An hour and a half later we left for dinner and no one had come with the bottle opener. The restaurant service was even worse.

Room Tip: Dont eat at restaurant unless you want to wait forever to get service
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Felix M
BarbaraMcMahonLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Felix M,
Thank you taking the time to leave comments and let us know about your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for receiving poor and unsatisfactory service, and for the inconvenience this caused you. It is our standard for staff to follow up on all guest requests and ensure a complete and satisfied outcome for the guest- please know I have taken this opportunity and reviewed our standard and commitment to exceeding guests’ expectations with our Front Desk team. Likewise, I’m truly sorry about the wait you experienced in the restaurant, and I have addressed this service lapse with my restaurant General Manager to ensure others do not have a similar experience.

Since these retraining opportunities with our staff, I believe you will notice our commitment to top notch service upon a return visit. I hope you will consider coming back to give Loews Annapolis another chance. Please feel free to call me at 410-295-3295 if you would like to discuss anything further.

Barbara

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Living only an hour away in VA, we booked a quick Memorial Day Weekend getaway with the kids. This hotel was perfect. Close enough to everything so that you could walk and nice, clean rooms. The staff was very friendly and free Wi-Fi was a plus. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend to everyone. We were leaning toward the Westin bc they have a swimming pool and this place doesn't but the location of this is more central.

The best part of the stay was the hotel staff. They were excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sharvuda

Dear kiroop,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I’m just delighted you had such a relaxing getaway – almost a ‘staycation’ being only an hour away – with your family. Don’t we all need that?

I’m happy you enjoyed our very central, convenient location for walking around downtown Annapolis. Our rooms are completely redone following recent renovations, so it’s great to know you enjoyed them, along with the free Wifi!

Thank you for the praise for our friendly staff. They work hard to make our hotel a welcoming, comfortable retreat. We so appreciate you giving us a chance, and I’m thrilled we were ‘perfect’ for your trip!

I hope we get the chance to welcome you all again. Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was here for a work meeting and this was my first Loews hotel. The meeting booked the hotel. The location was great. After the meeting was over I was able to take the free trolley that stops right across the street at the 7-11 down to the Naval Academy. There are also other stops and the driver will stop anywhere if you just ask. The hotel itself was nice. The parking wasn't well marked. I tend to self park. The self park here is outside and they had most of the lines painted in blue. I couldn't tell if that was supposed to be handicapped only or just the color of paint they used. Just to be sure I parked down further to make sure I didn't get towed. Parking is $20 a day, which was expected in this area since parking is at a premium. The room was very large and was well appointed. The free internet was too slow to do anything so be prepared to pay the $14.95 a day if you need to use the internet. The group had lunch in the hotel restaurant and the crab cake I had was very good, but I didn't pay the bill so I can't comment on the prices. Overall I had a good stay and would consider staying here again if in Annapolis.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Maysen

Dear Maysen,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We enjoy working with companies of all sizes to book meetings, conferences and retreats in historic, seaside Annapolis. I’m glad you enjoyed an overall good stay, and got to take advantage of our convenient location for exploring Annapolis and the Naval Academy. We highly recommend our guests don’t leave Annapolis without seeing the Academy, either by walking the campus yourself or a guided tour.

I’m happy you liked the room size and found it well-appointed. We just completed our rooms renovation in March of this year. We very much appreciate the feedback, and we share all our reviews with our staff.

I’m sorry the parking markings weren’t clear to you and for any inconvenience this caused. We have brought this up to our Director of Facilities and will be rectifying this as soon as possible.

Regarding the free Wifi, most guest find it is enough, however, as you mention we do offer an upgraded option for guests who want to stream things or require more bandwidth for a nominal fee.

We appreciate your comments, and we’re glad to know you would consider staying again. I hope we get that chance to welcome you back.