“Value and comfort”

GreenLeadersGold level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Value and comfort”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This is not the closest hotel to the main drag, but it is the best for the value. The beds are quite comfortable, and everything is within walking distance. The hotel is not as worn as many others. Staff is friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014
GMLoews, Director of Sales and Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear mewagner2,
Thank you for your review, and your high recommendation of Loews Annapolis to other travelers. I’m very pleased you received great value and enjoyed a comfortable, pleasant stay with us.

As you note, we're located conveniently within walking distance to many Annapolis attractions. Right on our street, the cultural area of West Street, we are among live entertainment, restaurants and bars, and galleries. The Loews Annapolis is a short stroll to the additional boutiques, restaurants and bars of Main Street and an 8-minute walk to the waterfront. We’re also fortunate to have the free Circulator trolley stop outside our front doors - another convenient way to get around downtown.

I appreciate you noticing the care we take with our property. We spent the last 3 years completely renovating the entire property. Our lobby was redesigned first, then restaurant, and our rooms’ makeover was finished in March 2014, with new colors, lines and décor, and updated amenities like 47-inch smart TVs, complimentary WiFi, in-room Keurig coffee makers, and more.

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis, and I hope we can welcome you back anytime you visit the Annapolis area.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Upper Brookville, NY
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I just hate when I am told I am a five minute walk from everything when I most certainly am not...not trying to be harsh as this is a very nice hotel but for those not in the know this hotel is "five minutes away" from everything if you are wearing sneakers and carrying a fanny pack! Not when you are going to an event where you need to be properly dressed. This is a beautiful part of the world but also a "walking" town ( and well worth the walk) and the walking part of the town is truly beautiful. This hotel is not as close as advertised and that is okay by me but it is very very expensive for not being located where the "walking" is supposed to be. Beautiful hotel, good clean rooms, great breakfast....really great...but just a little too expensive for the location. I felt a little duped....get a room on the sixth floor ( beautiful terrace) and make sure you bring taxi money...if they tell you "it's just down the street" smile, say thank you, and then call a cab....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank amc10
BarbaraMcMahonLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear amc10,
Thank you for taking time to review your experience. I appreciate that you note we have a very nice hotel, clean rooms and great breakfast, but I’m very disappointed you feel duped. I truly apologize for any inconvenience you experienced, and your frustrations with feeling we miscommunicated our location. I hope to have the opportunity to speak with you so I can learn more about where this information came from, as we never want to misrepresent our property. Would you be willing to contact me directly at 410-295-3295?

For others in the TripAdvisor community to know, as you mention, Annapolis is a very walkable town in the downtown area. We are on West Street, which is an 8-minute walk by most paces to the Annapolis waterfront at city dock. Before you reach city dock, on Main Street and its cross streets you will encounter many restaurants, bars, boutiques and other shops. Additionally, on West Street within 5-6 minutes walk from the hotel there are more restaurant options, bars and several art galleries.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope to speak with you soon.

Barbara McMahon, General Manager
410-295-3295
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I wanted a quick getaway from Washington DC for Memorial Day weekend and chose to go to historic and quaint Annapolis. The Loews hotel was a perfect choice!! Great customer service from the valet, bellhop, front desk, restaurant staff and management. They all made our stay amazing.

You can catch a FREE trolley in front of the property to go to Main st., but can walk as well. There are nice restaurants in close to by with a 7Eleven across the street.

Added plus was the lounge area in the front of the building, next to the street. Great people watching with great cocktails. We even caught the Memorial Day parade right out front.

The room was spacious, well decorated, quiet, with refrigerator and comfy bed. We left very well rested and will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Dransom,
We are extremely delighted you had such a pleasant, restful getaway to Loews Annapolis over Memorial Weekend. Isn’t it amazing to find charming, historic Annapolis and the Chesapeake Bay so near Washington, DC, but with a great ‘getaway’ feeling? Depending on time of day, it’s around a 45-minute or hour drive from DC.

I’m so happy you experienced our dedicated customer service, and the staff could make your stay amazing. Our location is quite convenient, about an 8-minute walk to Main St. and the waterfront. We love the free Circulator trolley that stops outside the hotel! We also just finished renovating all of our rooms, so I’m excited you liked the décor, bed and in-rooms offerings like the mini-fridges.

The lounge and outdoor patio is part of our West restaurant, and I agree it is a lovely, relaxing spot for a meal and cocktails!

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis, and please come escape with us again soon! Did you get to go sailing? We’ll be waiting to welcome you back.

Cheers!
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We recently celebrated our 10th anniversary at Loews Annapolis--our first trip without all three kids. We had a fabulously relaxing, pampered, scrumptious stay at Loews. The location was great for leaving the car and touring the city by foot. Upon learning it was our anniversary, Joanna (front desk) surprised us by leaving chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our room. The valet was friendly and talkative, providing us some great suggestions for local dining. Every time we entered the lobby, staff welcomed us back and asked if we needed anything. We actually want to bottle up whatever fragrance scented the lobby area--it was delicious. Breakfast at the West Kitchen was fabulous!
We have already recommended this spot to numerous family and friends and hope to make a return visit--maybe we'll even bring the kids!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Neide845,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are just thrilled we could help provide such a great 10th anniversary experience and celebratory, relaxing getaway. Congratulations to you!!

I’m excited you enjoyed our very convenient location for strolling around downtown Annapolis. I have shared your great praise for our team members around the hotel. We believe exceptional, friendly, knowledgeable service is of the utmost importance and defines our guests’ experiences – we’re ecstatic yours was so memorable and you felt pampered and relaxed.

We would love to welcome you and your family back! Thank you very much for choosing Loews Annapolis, and we wish you many more years of happiness.

Cheers!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at this particular hotel for 3 nights and I have no complaints. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure their guests are happy and the hotel was clean and up to date. The area around the hotel is great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear mgpeaden,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed our updated property. We just finished renovating all our rooms and suites with a new design and updated features like 47-inch flatscreen TVs. Thank you for highlighting out staff’s “above and beyond” attitude – our team is very dedicated to the guests, and I’m happy they ensured your needs were met.

Annapolis is a great escape, charming, historic and with many entertainment, cultural and restaurant offerings. Happy to hear how much you liked the area around us!

We appreciate the feedback and hope you will stay with us again.

York, ME
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Loews Annapolis was outstanding to me and my family during a busy, fun week. The staff were pleasant, professional, helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family. The only downside is potential noise transmitted from neighboring rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank baconbyts
Dear baconbyts,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you had an outstanding experience with us, and our friendly, professional staff made a great lasting impression! USNA Commissioning Week is indeed a busy, and exciting time, and I’m glad we could contribute to your positive experience in Annapolis. We greatly appreciate your recommendation to others. We do not frequently get noise concerns but certainly appreciate your feedback so we can continue to monitor and ensure guests are not bothered by noise.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hotel was good but customer service was really bad. We called the front desk and asked for a corkscrew bottle opener. She said she would have one sent. An hour and a half later we left for dinner and no one had come with the bottle opener. The restaurant service was even worse.

Room Tip: Dont eat at restaurant unless you want to wait forever to get service
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Felix M
Dear Felix M,
Thank you taking the time to leave comments and let us know about your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for receiving poor and unsatisfactory service, and for the inconvenience this caused you. It is our standard for staff to follow up on all guest requests and ensure a complete and satisfied outcome for the guest- please know I have taken this opportunity and reviewed our standard and commitment to exceeding guests’ expectations with our Front Desk team. Likewise, I’m truly sorry about the wait you experienced in the restaurant, and I have addressed this service lapse with my restaurant General Manager to ensure others do not have a similar experience.

Since these retraining opportunities with our staff, I believe you will notice our commitment to top notch service upon a return visit. I hope you will consider coming back to give Loews Annapolis another chance. Please feel free to call me at 410-295-3295 if you would like to discuss anything further.

Barbara