“USNA Graduation Week”

Loews Annapolis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the Annapolis Loews Hotel for the USNA Graduation Week in May 2014. Awesome customer service! The location is outstanding. The gym is great. All of the food at the restaurant was delicious. The room was huge and very clean. We enjoyed our entire stay. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear gjsubi,

Wow, thank you for your comments! We’re absolutely delighted your overall stay was so enjoyable. We know that the Naval Academy’s graduation, Commissioning Week, is a special event for many families and friends of graduates – I’m glad we could be part of the great time you had in Annapolis.

Excellent guest service is our biggest priority, and I appreciate you mentioning it! Our central downtown Annapolis location, convenient to USNA, is one of the top reasons guests mention choosing our hotel. I’m happy you liked our on-property restaurant, the complimentary fitness center, and of course our brand new, renovated rooms! The colors and decor are all new, along with 47-inch TVs, new robes, and laptop-sized safes.

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis, and I hope you we can welcome you back here during future trips to Annapolis and USNA.

Go Navy!!

Best wishes,
Barbara McMahon

There are newer reviews for Loews Annapolis Hotel

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Loews Annapolis Hotel is visually appealing and comfortable. The location is excellent for accessing the restaurants, bars, shops, and waterfront in Annapolis. The room and bathroom were spacious and nicely updated. The downside would be the small gym, and the lack of a swimming pool.

Fabulously friendly front-desk staff & parking attendant!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, Director of Sales and Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear DebSilverSpring,
We are delighted your overall stay with Loews Annapolis was enjoyable and comfortable. Location, location, location… we are fortunate to enjoy such a prime spot in downtown Annapolis, near restaurants, bars, galleries and boutiques and a short stroll to the waterfront.

I’m glad you liked the hotel’s aesthetic appeal – we have spent the last 3 years completely renovating the entire property, which was finished in March 2014. Our lobby was redesigned first, and most recently our rooms have now all had a complete makeover with new colors and décor, and updated amenities like 47-inch smart TVs, complimentary WiFi and in-room Keurig coffee makers, and more.

I’m also glad to hear you enjoyed interacting with our friendly staff! For other TripAdvisor readers’ knowledge, our complimentary fitness center on the second floor has treadmills, bikes, other stationary equipment, and some space for stretching or yoga exercises, along with exterior-facing windows and complimentary water and fruit.

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Loews Annapolis. I hope we can welcome you back anytime your travels bring you to Annapolis!

Tracey Lyon-Mercado
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was my first stay at the Annapolis Lowes but it won't be my last. The recent renovations make this a very hip hotel with a "modern nautical" vibe. Our room was awesome and the top floor of the hotel has a nice outdoor terrace to sit out on. The service was GREAT from the friendly check-in to the gracious service in the restaurant for Sunday brunch. Thanks for making our getaway to Annapolis so memorable!

Room Tip: Top Floor !
Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BarbaraMcMahonLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Dan C., thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Loews Annapolis Hotel. So gald you noticed our new "modern nautical" vibe, or as our Director of Sales and Marketing tells me "nautical chic :). The hotel completed its rooms redo inclduing new 43" tv's , new telpehones and new toilets in March..This was the final phase to a three year total redo package. Look forward to your next visit. My son lives in DC so I am familair with the drive.. Isn't the short commute between DC and Annapolis great for a weekend getaway!!! Barbara

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Was in the hotel for a business meeting and had the opportunity to come in early. The staff was great for both leisure and business. I engaged with Barbara, the GM, and did not even know she was the GM. She was always polite and remembered my name my entire stay....very impressed.
Rooms were clean, staff friendly and attentive and convenient to the historic streets and right on the trolley line. I will stay there again on my next trip.

Room Tip: I was on 3rd floor and had a street view and never heard much noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear TXNTravlinMan, thank you very much for taking the time to add your comments to TripAdvisor. I am glad your enjoyed your stay and that we met. Unfortuantely I do not know you by your TripAdviosr ID but I can tell you this I am very proud to be part of this wornderful organization, the individuals with whom I work and the guests that we can serve and hopefully add some happiness to their lives. I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Lovin' life at Loews!!!

Barbara

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This is not the closest hotel to the main drag, but it is the best for the value. The beds are quite comfortable, and everything is within walking distance. The hotel is not as worn as many others. Staff is friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014
GMLoews, Director of Sales and Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear mewagner2,
Thank you for your review, and your high recommendation of Loews Annapolis to other travelers. I’m very pleased you received great value and enjoyed a comfortable, pleasant stay with us.

As you note, we're located conveniently within walking distance to many Annapolis attractions. Right on our street, the cultural area of West Street, we are among live entertainment, restaurants and bars, and galleries. The Loews Annapolis is a short stroll to the additional boutiques, restaurants and bars of Main Street and an 8-minute walk to the waterfront. We’re also fortunate to have the free Circulator trolley stop outside our front doors - another convenient way to get around downtown.

I appreciate you noticing the care we take with our property. We spent the last 3 years completely renovating the entire property. Our lobby was redesigned first, then restaurant, and our rooms’ makeover was finished in March 2014, with new colors, lines and décor, and updated amenities like 47-inch smart TVs, complimentary WiFi, in-room Keurig coffee makers, and more.

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis, and I hope we can welcome you back anytime you visit the Annapolis area.

Tracey Lyon-Mercado
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I just hate when I am told I am a five minute walk from everything when I most certainly am not...not trying to be harsh as this is a very nice hotel but for those not in the know this hotel is "five minutes away" from everything if you are wearing sneakers and carrying a fanny pack! Not when you are going to an event where you need to be properly dressed. This is a beautiful part of the world but also a "walking" town ( and well worth the walk) and the walking part of the town is truly beautiful. This hotel is not as close as advertised and that is okay by me but it is very very expensive for not being located where the "walking" is supposed to be. Beautiful hotel, good clean rooms, great breakfast....really great...but just a little too expensive for the location. I felt a little duped....get a room on the sixth floor ( beautiful terrace) and make sure you bring taxi money...if they tell you "it's just down the street" smile, say thank you, and then call a cab....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank amc10

Dear amc10,
Thank you for taking time to review your experience. I appreciate that you note we have a very nice hotel, clean rooms and great breakfast, but I’m very disappointed you feel duped. I truly apologize for any inconvenience you experienced, and your frustrations with feeling we miscommunicated our location. I hope to have the opportunity to speak with you so I can learn more about where this information came from, as we never want to misrepresent our property. Would you be willing to contact me directly at 410-295-3295?

For others in the TripAdvisor community to know, as you mention, Annapolis is a very walkable town in the downtown area. We are on West Street, which is an 8-minute walk by most paces to the Annapolis waterfront at city dock. Before you reach city dock, on Main Street and its cross streets you will encounter many restaurants, bars, boutiques and other shops. Additionally, on West Street within 5-6 minutes walk from the hotel there are more restaurant options, bars and several art galleries.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope to speak with you soon.

Barbara McMahon, General Manager
410-295-3295

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I wanted a quick getaway from Washington DC for Memorial Day weekend and chose to go to historic and quaint Annapolis. The Loews hotel was a perfect choice!! Great customer service from the valet, bellhop, front desk, restaurant staff and management. They all made our stay amazing.

You can catch a FREE trolley in front of the property to go to Main st., but can walk as well. There are nice restaurants in close to by with a 7Eleven across the street.

Added plus was the lounge area in the front of the building, next to the street. Great people watching with great cocktails. We even caught the Memorial Day parade right out front.

The room was spacious, well decorated, quiet, with refrigerator and comfy bed. We left very well rested and will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dransom,
We are extremely delighted you had such a pleasant, restful getaway to Loews Annapolis over Memorial Weekend. Isn’t it amazing to find charming, historic Annapolis and the Chesapeake Bay so near Washington, DC, but with a great ‘getaway’ feeling? Depending on time of day, it’s around a 45-minute or hour drive from DC.

I’m so happy you experienced our dedicated customer service, and the staff could make your stay amazing. Our location is quite convenient, about an 8-minute walk to Main St. and the waterfront. We love the free Circulator trolley that stops outside the hotel! We also just finished renovating all of our rooms, so I’m excited you liked the décor, bed and in-rooms offerings like the mini-fridges.

The lounge and outdoor patio is part of our West restaurant, and I agree it is a lovely, relaxing spot for a meal and cocktails!

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis, and please come escape with us again soon! Did you get to go sailing? We’ll be waiting to welcome you back.

Cheers!