“Superior accommodations and excellent customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loews Annapolis Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Loews Annapolis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Richmond, Virginia
“Superior accommodations and excellent customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Loews Annapolis Hotel for a business meeting and was blown away by the quality of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. The hotel is a quick walk away from lots of fantastic restaurants, ice cream and fudge shops, and adorable boutiques, as well as the Maryland State House and the Annapolis waterfront. The front desk and valet staff were incredibly friendly, helpful, and efficient (the valet brought my car out in under 3 minutes). The guest rooms are chic and spacious, the king-sized bed was super comfy, and I especially enjoyed having a Keurig in the room for coffee and green-tea. Also, I tend to bring my own hair care products with me when I travel just in case the complimentary ones aren't up to par, however, I didn't end up using my own because the Davines shampoo and conditioner that were provided are fantastic! Loews provided an all-around top-notch experience! I will definitely be back and I highly recommend that anyone visiting Annapolis should plan to stay there, as well!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Juliana C
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Juliana C,
Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback. Wow, thank you for the wonderful comment about our “superior accommodations!” We are delighted you enjoyed our property and recently renovated, spacious rooms. We know the small details, including toiletries for some guests, can make all the difference in creating a top notch experience!

I’m so glad you experienced our friendly staff. We are truly proud to have team members who are so dedicated to personalized and professional service. They are the best!

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis and recommending us to others. We sincerely hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Barbara McMahon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was in town for a conference and was placed on the second floor next to a loud barking dog. It wasn't until I checked out that I was told that was the pet floor. Who knew? Would have been nice to have known that. The hallways were filthy and we asked the front desk to have someone vacuum, including our room which did not appear to be particularly clean with hairs in the shower, on the walls, etc. that did not belong to me. They assured us that would be tended to, but when we arrived back on Friday evening nothing had been changed. For the inexpensive rate it was fine, but if I had paid full price I would have been more than angry.

The hotel had a good location, but the vagrants near the hotel were a bit unsetlling at times. Would look at other hotel options in the future if in the Annapolis area again.

Room Tip: Be sure not to have a room on the second floor if you don't have a pet. We were not told this wa...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gatorhon
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear gatorhon,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am disappointed to hear about your experiences while staying with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you had with housekeeping service. Cleanliness and comfort are top priorities for our guests and this lapse in our service is unacceptable. I have personally addressed your specific concerns with my Rooms Division Manager to ensure this situation is not repeated and this is reviewed in their weekly training.

We are a pet-friendly hotel. Loews Brand has a commitment, which is, Loews Loves Pets. We do limit the number of pets allowed in the hotel at any given time to help us provide the most quiet and comfortable environment for all our guests. I apologize you were placed unknowingly near a dog that was barking. Thank you for sharing your concerns, and as a result we will do a better job to communicate to guests when we have pets in house and ensure they place a pet card we provide on their door. This form of communication will not only assist our housekeeping department but also, our hotel guests. This way our guests are aware, and it may afford them the opportunity to be moved before getting all settled in.

We are just a short stroll to the waterfront and frequently hear guest feedback about the prime location we occupy on West Street in the downtown area. Guests’ safety and security is of the utmost importance – I can assure you we monitor our surroundings to keep a safe environment.

I hope you will consider coming back to give Loews Annapolis another chance. Thank you again for your comments as they are critical to our continual improvement and guest satisfaction.

New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Love the location, absolutely love the restaurant WEST and the décor is great but our room was so hot that we could not get a good nights rest - way above 72 in the room. When we asked if there was a trick to getting the air conditioner to kick in we were offered a fan @ 12:30. The most upsetting part was when we spoke with the front desk at checkout - No apology, no explanation. I sent an email the day after we got home and no reply.....I expected more from the Loews brand.....we will be back in Annapolis and will make a point of eating at WEST again, but will rethink staying at the Loews again next summer....don't stay in room 308!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 5cooldudes
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear 5cooldudes,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the discomfort you endured and the frustrating situation caused by the air conditioning issue in your room. I am quite disappointed to learn you were not given the proper apology upon speaking to us at checkout, nor in response to your follow up communication to us. I can assure you we sincerely appreciate your comments and take very seriously both the positive ones and our areas for improvement so we can better our property and prevent other guests from having similar concerns. My Director of Facilities is directly investigating and correcting the challenges you experienced. I am sorry for your experience and would welcome the opportunity to talk with you further to make appropriate amends and to regain your confidence in Loews Annapolis. If possible, please contact me directly at 410-295-3295.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope you will reconsider visiting Loews Annapolis during your future trips to the Annapolis area.

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

There are so many good things to say about the Loews Annapolis, but the most attractive is it's proximity to charming downtown Annapolis. It is an easy 10 minute walk to the historic and downtown areas, avoiding the driving parking hassles which are legendary in Annapolis.

The hotel was always excellent,but now it is even better with the recent renovation of all the rooms. The rooms are bright, cheery, and spotless. There are more good things I could say, but the thing that brings me back is the friendliness of the staff. In particular, Kristine, the front desk supervisor, always addresses me by my name and makes sure that my needs are met. She also makes it a point to introduce me to other staff members. She makes me feel as a special guest which is rare in today's corporate world. I heartily recommend the Loew's to anyone contemplating a visit to Annapolis.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Harvey K,
Thank you very much for your time to review our property. You’ve hit the nail on the head, so to speak, as we so often hear from our guests how delighted they are by our convenient location. As you mention, we are an easy stroll to the waterfront area, about 8 to 10 minutes by many people’s pace, which takes you by the galleries and restaurants of West Street, plus the additional boutiques, eateries and bars on Main Street and the side streets.

I’m delighted you enjoyed our brand new guest room renovations which were finished in March 2014. We wanted to bring a light, airy and calming feel to the rooms, and I’m glad this was achieved for you.

It’s such a pleasure to hear about your experience with our staff, particularly Kristine. It is always our goal to ensure our guests know they are welcomed and appreciated, and have a “home away from home” while in Annapolis. Kristine embodies well our commitment to highly personalized guest service, and I appreciate you sharing this. She will hear about your praises!!

We look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits, and we appreciate you choosing the Loews Annapolis Hotel.

All the best!
Annapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel has stayed top notch. Beautiful room, friendly staff and great location. Town is walkable but shuttles are also available for those late nights in town. As for breakfast in the hotel....very expensive. Great staff, but $100 for 5 to get 3 oatmeals and 2 French toasts with coffee is not affordable.

Dear M L,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I’m delighted you found the hotel to be top notch including our newly renovated guest rooms. Thank you for highlighting our excellent location in downtown Annapolis and our personable staff who I consider to be our best asset! You’re right that we are right on the free circulator trolley route, and many people find our location to be very walkable to Annapolis’ sites and entertainment, restaurants and shops. I’m sorry that the breakfast was not a value to you, and thank you for letting us know your feedback.

We appreciate you choosing Loews Annapolis and hope we will have the chance to welcome you back for another stay soon!

Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Felt new and very clean. Planned to stay 3 days but extended another day because we liked the hotel. Excellent house keeping. Would stay there again. Close to all Annapolis offers. Only complaint the parking lot for valet was large and closed to self parking. No shop in the hotel to buy little things. Should have coffee, tea and pastry in the lobby for those who do not want to have big breakfast. But would stay there again.

Room Tip: Had the deluxe room. It was worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank hardtofindagoodhotel
Dear hardtofindagoodhotel,
Thank you for reviewing your visit. It’s just wonderful to hear your experience was excellent, and in fact, you extended your Loews Annapolis stay once you got here! I’m happy you found everything to be very clean and feeling new, especially as we just finished renovations to all our guest rooms this past Spring including new décor and amenities such as the in-room Keurig coffee machines.

Thank you for pointing out our convenient location close to many Annapolis attractions- I just love strolling around the hotel and poking my head in the art galleries and eateries.

Your comment about the parking lot surprises me, and we are investigating why this happened as we do offer a self-parking option to guests. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you also for your feedback about other breakfast options as we are always listening to our guests preferences to consider how we can provide you the best experience for everyone.

I hope we will get the chance to welcome you back to Loews Annapolis soon for another excellent stay.

All the best,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Visited Annapolis for the first time in July for a business trip. Besides being a 30 minute drive from BWI, I really enjoyed the location of the hotel. The staff, especially the front desk staff, was very friendly and accommodating. I did not visit the restaurant but the meeting facilities were good. The rooms were clean and nice. The rooms had Kurig coffee makers which is a nice convenience. I would love to stay at this hotel again if given the choice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GMLoews, Director of Sales and Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear joshb416,
Thank you very much for your time to give your feedback. We’re so excited you had the opportunity to visit Annapolis for the first time, and your business group chose the Loews Annapolis Hotel. It’s great to hear you enjoyed our convenient location in downtown Annapolis which is within walking distance to the waterfront area, and the many restaurants, galleries and boutiques in between.

I’m glad our friendly, professional staff made a lasting impression on you. It’s exciting to hear your comments on the rooms, and offerings like the Keurig coffee makers, as we just finished renovating and updating amenities in all our rooms in March 2014.

We would love to have you stay with us again and hope to get to welcome you back to Loews Annapolis for a relaxing visit to the Chesapeake Bay and historic Annapolis.

Tracey Lyon-Mercado