“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Loews Annapolis for one night in mid-March. The hotel is beautiful appointed and well maintained. We enjoyed the hotels prime location - walking distance to downtown Annapolis. We enjoyed cocktails and hits d'oevres in the restaurant attached to the hotel.

Stayed March 2014
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Santoho,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your Loews Annapolis stay. I am delighted you found the hotel beautiful and enjoyed our prime location on West Street, which is near restaurants, Ram’s Head live music venue and coffee shops, as well as being walking distance to Main Street and the waterfront. Thank you for kindly mentioning our furnishings and upkeep – we take great care to maintain a beautiful environment for guests. We just completed renovations on all our rooms and suites in the Spring, so it’s wonderful to hear your comments, and I will share with our team.

Thank you very much for choosing Loews Annapolis, and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Barbara McMahon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed here with my family (husband, mom, and 9 month old) while in Annapolis for a conference. Everyone was so helpful; went out of their way to help with bags, get our rooms close together, etc. I will def stay here again!

I arrived alone with my baby and they immediately offered to help with bags and get us checked in right away. It took a few minutes because they were trying to get my mom's room close to us. Since the hotel was full there weren't many options but instead of putting her far from us, they gave her a suite! A simple gesture but was so helpful.

Room service was quick and tasty. Rooms were clean. All staff were amazing!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Laura C,
Thank you very much for your review. We take it as the highest compliment to know that our friendly and personalized service was part of your great stay and left a lasting impression. This kind of top tier service is our priority, and I’m delighted our team members’ genuine care for our guests was so evident to you. It’s also great to hear that room service was tasty and efficient, and you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms. We just put the finishing touches on our rooms' "makeover" in March 2014.

We appreciate you choosing Loews Annapolis and very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back for a fun visit to Annapolis!

All the best,
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This beautiful hotel is located in relatively close proximity to the USA and Main Street. The accommodations are beautiful and elegant; the staff is friendly and efficient. My teenage son raved about the fitness center and enjoyed his daily workout in the well appointed gym. My only suggestion for the hotel is that vending machines with beverages and snacks or a minibar in the room would have been a great convenience for his phenomenal appetite. There is a mini fridge in the room and a 7-Eleven is across the street so we did stock up. However, with so many families touring the academy or nearby St. John's, a vending machine in the hotel would be a great convenience. However, the cleanliness and upscale furnishings - along with the incredible staff - will bring our family back to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank moms2boyz
Dear moms2boyz,
Thank you very much for your time to give your feedback. We are so glad you stayed with us while in town; it sounds like you may have toured the Naval Academy or St. John’s College. We take great pride in being a “home away from home” for many Naval Academy and university families. It’s wonderful to hear you found the property beautiful, and you experienced our friendly and professional staff. The fitness center is a great convenience for our guests- love hearing that it gets your son’s approval!!

Thank you for your suggestions on the vending machines- I’m glad the in-room mini-fridges were a convenience. We regularly review all guest feedback for how we can improve and best meet everyone’s needs, so please know we appreciate you sharing this.

We look forward to welcoming you back for hopefully many more visits, and we appreciate you choosing Loews Annapolis.

All the best!
Annapolis
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The beds are extremely comfortable. I had the most wonderful night sleep. Rooms and hotel are very clean. Staff is very courteous. Check in and out was the fastest I have ever experienced at any hotel. I would recommend to all. I will stay at a Loews Hotel any time I get the chance. Great experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Christine W,
We appreciate your comments. It’s wonderful to hear you had a luxurious, comfortable experience. We recently renovated our rooms with new linens, and I have to say I’m a big fan of our bedding too! I’m delighted you enjoyed our staff and their efficient service. We greatly appreciate you recommending our property and love to hear that you will stay with Loews now – we have beautiful properties in wonderful destinations.

Thank you for choosing to stay with Loews Annapolis, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Acushnet, Ma, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Very good hotel, great cooperation for our conference, friendly staff. If I went back to Annapolis for a non-business trip, I'd stay at this hotel. Location to the waterfront and stores/restaurants on West St.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear RobertRocha,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s always nice hearing from our business guests in addition to leisure travelers. I’m delighted you enjoyed our property and friendly staff, and thank you for the high marks. We are fortunate to be in this very central and convenient location which is a fairly short walk to the waterfront area, and of course steps away from West Street's restaurants, galleries and coffee shops.

We hope you can come visit Annapolis soon for fun, perhaps go sailing over the summer, or tour our great historical sites and the Naval Academy. Thank you again for your feedback.

Annapolis
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We heard lots of nice things about the hotel, but our experience was that it was a bit of a challenge. Three phone calls to ask about an early check I. Got us two different prices for that option ($24-$48) and no answer. When we finally got to our room and it was wrong (double instead of king) we didn't say anything because we were just happy to have finally gotten a room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Sherri M,
Thank you very much for reviewing your visit. We apologize sincerely for the frustrating experience you had with check-in. We work to do our very best to accommodate our guests when they need an early check-in, and I am astonished you were asked for a fee to check in early. This is not, nor has ever been, the way we operate. I cannot thank you enough for bringing this to my attention, and I am meeting with our Front Office Manager to ensure it never happens again. Then to not accommodate your bed preference, in conjunction with your sense of arrival experience, I am beyond disappointed. We pride ourselves on superior guest service and being a leader among our sister properties in how we are rated by our guests; our team members have a genuine passion for going above and beyond for guests, and I am so sorry you did not experience this. I welcome the chance to talk with your further – feel free to contact me directly at 410-295-3295. Please know we are committed to efficient, professional and genuine service, and I hope you will consider giving us another chance to give you a top notch experience when visiting Annapolis.

Virginia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I were traveling with our Boston Terrier, Sophie and decided to stay overnight in Annapolis, MD. We called several hotels but they were not pet friendly. I checked in with one B & B and he told me about Loews and we are so glad he did. We made the reservation by phone and arrived 5 minutes later. Upon arrival, Sophie received a goodie bag that was amazing. It included a mat, water bowl, dog treats, poop bags and holder and a door hanger in case we left the room to notify staff there was a dog in the room. We did not leave Sophie but it was nice to have in case you needed to go to a restaurant that was not dog friendly. The staff was super nice to us and to Sophie even getting in the floor to play with her. She was treated like royalty. The pet charge was only $50 where we have paid up to $100 in the past and that was with no goodie bag! There was a pet relief area right outside the garage door with a trash can. Very well thought out! Thank you! Our room was lovely, well decorated, very clean, beds and sheets were wonderful. We had room service in the morning and there was so much food, we could have shared one meal. I highly recommend Loews whether you are traveling with your pet or not but a must if you are. One last note...often when you get the "pet friendly room", it is not nearly as nice as the regular rooms but this was not the case at Loews. We felt very welcomed and appreciated. Thank you Loews for making our trip to Annapolis very special and memorable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Crowder,
Thank you very much for your feedback for the TripAdvisor community. It is music to my ears hearing that we could help create a special and memorable trip. Our staff cares genuinely about guests’ experiences, and I’m so happy yours was wonderful. We are proud to be pet-friendly as are all Loews Hotels and glad you found us!! We do offer pet welcome amenities which are always fun to give to our furry guests. I hope you and your family will come back for more “royal” treatment!

Thank you for your note about the rooms being well decorated and lovely. We finished renovating all rooms this past spring, so it is nice to hear this positive feedback. I’m glad everything met your needs and hope we’ll get the chance to welcome you all back for more time in beautiful Annapolis.

All the best,