“Charming and classic with Annapolitan Style”

Loews Annapolis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 September 2010

This was only my second visit to Annapolis and my first was spent at the Westin when it first opened. I spent two nights, 3 days at the Loews.

I plan meetings for a living and have used other hotels in the city, Loews is hands down THE place you want to be in the Historic area of Annapolis. Convenient with access to complimentary transportation, great on-site restaurants, friendly staff. When I tell you they KNOW hospitality, they do! They are still undergoing some renovations such as painting and updating areas of the hotel but overall the most recent room updates are modern and refreshing.

My biggest complaints are that walls are thin and corridor noises carry throughout the hallways. Also, the structure is in tact and original so many of the public areas and event spaces rely on natural lighting which could be a good or bad thing depending on the weather.

Concierge is so friendly and knowledgeable, sales staff is superb, front desk staff and bell hops are alwasy ready to provide service with a smile. Also, neighboring nightlife venues such as Crush Winehouse and Rams Head Tavern are awesome places to hang out if you're in the area for a short time. I went to both on my own and felt comfortable. Had a foot massage and pedicure at the on-site spa which was relaxing as they served me wine. I toured a few of the art galleries, took a Watermark Cruise, and did some window shopping. Overall, I enjoyed my time in Annapolis and can't wait to return...but only if I can come back to the Loews!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed 31 August 2010

You know that when all of the staff - even the guy mopping the floor - greet you with a smile and a polite hello the hotel is well run and you're going to have a good stay. I took the "key to the city" package and the free, parking, internet, breakfast and club room access were totally worth it. Thank you, Loews.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2010

My girlfriend and I just stayed here for two nights after I had a good deal through work on priceline. We paid about $100 a night and were glad to get the Loews Annapolis. As others have mentioned, park a block down at the Knighton Garage for $8 a day vs $18 a day at the hotel. The hotel is nice, not top of the line but very nice walking in. We received a room with a king bed and unfortunately an interior view overlooking the exterior ballroom below. I asked if this would be a problem and they said the exterior ballroom (sort of the room used for cocktail hour of a wedding) was only booked til 9:30. We did hear a bit of noise through our window. Another negative is not much sunlight could be had since people across the atrium would be able to see in our room.

While I could imagine the hotel being nice if you had a pet, they should have the rooms all near one another. We heard a dog barking quite a few times throughout our stay when the owner must not have been in the room with it. Thankfully we didn't hear this noise when we were trying to sleep. The bed was super comfortable. The bathroom had great toiletries. It did look a bit tired and the walls could definitely use a paintjob as could the ceiling in the bathroom.

We ate one night at Breeze restaurant after seeing good reviews here on TripAdvisor. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. A meal for two with a glass of wine each came to $80 including tip. Also I should mention that the location was not in the heart of the city action like the Marriott on the waterfront, but this is probably a positive. You are near Rams Head, several restaurants, the State House, and only a 10-15 minute walk away from the city dock which was nice to take a stroll every day. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel, even though I suspect we received a priceline room which probably wasn't as nice as some of the others.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The Loews Annapolis is always great. We stayed at a different hotel (O'Callaghan's) last time and we wished we were at the Loews. The rooms are always clean and it appears they have renovated recently. Another reason we love Loews is because "Loews loves pets".

We did not have our dog with us the last few times, but we still choose this hotel over the others.

The service is great. Our fridge wasn't working and instead of trying to fix it and causing an inconvenience they simply arrived at our door with a new one. They came in an instant!
Great place!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Nice hotel, but watch out for hidden costs such as parking. I realize alot of city hotels charge for parking, but nothing was mentioned about the parking, so it was a extra expense that we were not planning on. Also, if traveling with kids, this hotel does NOT have a pool, inside or out. Overall, hotel was clean and staff were nice, but not sure if I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Loews first full weekend of August. We had a wonderful time, the staff were all VERY friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out were very smooth, we received a very good recommendation for dinner one night, and enjoyed our stay very much. We got the room through Priceline with a rate under $100, then requested and received a terrific room with a king bed, sofa, and plenty of room. The Loews would be hard to beat for how well the property is maintained and the helpfulness of the staff. Although the location is a little off the "main drag" of the tourist area, we liked this and found the walk to be very manageable (less than 15 min). Overall, we left very happy customers and would definitely stay again. (Money saving tip - we parked our car one block past the hotel in one of the city lots (Knighton) for $8/day, much less than the hotel lot, and kept our car there the entire stay).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I love the Annapolis Loew's. We have stayed here many times. Great location-near downtown and football stadium. Lovely rooms. Great service. Love the restaurants and spa.