“Worst Hotel in 20 years”

Crowne Plaza Annapolis
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I've never experienced such a bad hotel. Terrible service. Noisy room. Phone didn't work soni had to use my mobile to ask to change room. Person said she was busy and called me back. New room key took moremthan 20 mins. No help. No apology.
Last time I'll ever choose this hotel. I'm surprised it carries the Sheraton brand.

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed 21 June 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a wedding that we attended at the Kent Manor Inn. Check-in was smooth, with the exception of my key not working the first time, forcing me to go back downstairs and get them fixed. The woman at the front desk (Christin?) was very polite and professional. The elevators here were AWFUL! Seriously, if you can hoof it, I recommend taking the stairs (especially if you are in a hurry like we were). The room itself was nicely decorated. I don't know whether or not to blame it on the hotel itself or the weather, but our room was constantly damp. We cranked the A/C down to 64, but still the room felt musty and moist. Not a great feeling, especially when it's hot outside. Like I said, this could have been the fault of the temperature and not so much the hotel, but either way it made sleeping uncomfortable. The beds at the Sheraton are always amazing, and this one was no exception. I just wish the room had felt less damp -- otherwise, it would have been a nice night's sleep. The location is pretty good -- very close to many restaurants, the mall, tons of shops, etc, and right off of 97. All in all, we had a pretty unremarkable stay, and other than the damp room, we had no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I went to Annapolis for a job interview and this room was booked by HR. I wish I had thought to double-check it. The staff at the front desk took a very long time to check me in. Then I arrived in what must have been the smallest room in creation. I got the feeling no one was ever put up in that room. There were no paintings of any kind on the walls, which I don't care about really, it just surprised me. As a matter of fact, the only thing on the walls at all was the fire escape plan posted to the door, which was crooked and taped up - and fell off in the middle of the night. The coffee and tea by the coffeepot were ancient and had clearly been handled by multiple people, and the creamer was expired. The place was just dirty, and the cable kept going out. The only pro of the stay was the free internet.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
SheratonAnnapolis, Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

Thank you kindly for your honest remarks. I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the concerns you raised in your review. We strive to be as clean as possible so I will address that issue with Housekeeping. I will also look into the other concerns you brought up with the appropriate departments. Our aim is for every guest to have an enjoyable stay while here with us and I want to apologize again on behalf of the entire staff.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

I stayed there for 2 days. Horrible experience. The staff were not courteous at all and should not be working in the hotel business. I'm a female and I did not feel secure inside the hotel. I got a knock on my door at 3 a.m for no reason. As a Gold member of SPG, I'm ashamed of this Sheraton and will never stay in this hotel again.

1  Thank stven_usa

I am terribly sorry for the experience you had here with us during your stay; but, I really appreciate your feedback because it provides us the opportunity to address the issues you raised and handle them accordingly. Our aim is for every guest to feel secure while here and we do have 24-hour security. However, I understand your disappointment and will be following up with our security company to address the issue. I will also do the same with the front desk staff because we should always be welcoming and accommodating. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 15 June 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton Annapolis on Jennifer Rd. in room 224 the night of June 7, 2011. When I woke up, there was a bed bug on the pillow. I saw another bed bug on the curtains a few minutes later. I looked up images of bed bugs, and the bugs that I saw were positively identical to the images. I had reservations for a second night at the hotel, but after seeing the bugs and reading the NUMEROUS online reports of past guests' bed bug encounters, I checked out immediately. The hotel released me from my reservation for the second night without charges. In retrospect, it is obvious why a hotel of this caliber in this area has such unusually rates. This hotel has a very dirty, creepy-crawly secret. EWWWW!!!!

Room Tip: Bed bugs on all floors of this hotel!!!!
Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
SheratonAnnapolis, Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

Hi, I am the Front Office Manager at the Sheraton Annapolis and we take these claims very seriously as well as welcoming all feedback. We have a professional pest control company, Western Pest Services, that we have inspect rooms immediately if there has been a report of an insect of any type. That said, they did a throrough inspection of your room and found no evidence of bed bugs whatsoever. We are a pet-friendly hotel and that combined with the time of year will occasionally cause insects to be picked up on one's cothing.

Thank you once again for your feedback and allowing us the chance to respond.

Kind Regards,
The Sheraton Annapolis

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Very nice hotel near downtown Annapolis. Also right across the street from the Annapolis mall. Very convenient location. Great beds. Very busy at front desk and only one person working.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience while staying with us here at the Sheraton Annapolis. I hope your check-in was still efficient despite there only being one agent working at that time. I will follow up to make sure that we always have enough agents at the desk, especially when we are very busy. Thanks again for your input and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2011

This was an unexpected last minute trip. En route we called the hotel to check availability, as we knew it would be between 2 and 3 a.am. when we arrived. We were told that there were plenty of rooms and that no credit card was required to make a reservation, we could just "turn up". This we did at 2.45 a.m. - exhausted and stressed - having driven from North of Boston without stopping. We were met by an extremely grumpy and rude person, who said that we could not check in, as she was peforming an audit. We had to wait, as we were in no mood or state to move on, which I would have done, under normal circumstances. Once checked in, we were simply handed a key - no information about the location of the lift, if the rate included breakfast etc.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

I want to thank you for your review and apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. I understand your frustration and again, I am very sorry. I have already addressed the topic with the desk agents so that we can all strive to be more considerate and hospitable, especially when presented with the circumstances mentioned in your critique. Thank you again, your candor is greatly appreciated.