Crowne Plaza Annapolis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskclub loungemedical centerwestfield mallstarbucks coffeeindoor poolrestaurant staffbed was comfortablethe hotel is cleanthis past weekenddowntown areanaval academycomputersusna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is easily accessible, close to several restaurants and a very large mall. It is only 3.5 miles from the center of Annapolis, and affords the visitor a chance to relax away from the hustle and bustle of the historic district. The prices are reasonable, and the staff friendly and kind.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from highway 50. The Club Floor offers extra amenities for little extra cost.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Wck370, thank you for pointing out our friendly staff, we work hard every day to please our customers and I am glad you noticed. We appreciate you taking the time to write about the area as well. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I elected to spend one evening here on our trip to the Dover NASCAR race as the distance was convenient between the airport and our destination at the track the following morning.

When we arrived the entire place was a mad house with not one but two wedding parties and their guests and assorted other excited persons in the lobby, hallways, in front of the building, EVERYWHERE! Well, I can't blame them, they are excited, but the hotel desk clerk literally had to scream across the counter to us so I could try and hear him to understand that they were oversold but our room was still available. I had requested and upper quiet room, we received 2nd floor at the end of the hallway, which end of hallway turned out to be a blessing (other than slamming stairwell door a few times).

We had luggage to take up to the room but no bellman, as we had packed from Arizona to stay on the coast for a week following the race. Hubby grabbed a bellman’s cart and packed it and attempted to find parking as I pushed my way through the lobby and the ever accumulating number of people. Well, the elevators are very slow, over packed and good luck with trying to get me and a cart in, but I had no option for stairs with a cart by myself. After about 10 minutes I played the “older lady” card with some young drunk men and they pushed the cart into a jammed elevator and up one floor. I got out vowing never to attempt the elevator again.

We walked across the parking lot to a restaurant for dinner which was fine. We again avoided the lobby upon our return and elected the first stairwell we could find. We didn’t even attempt a night cap in the lounge so I can’t speak for their service.

The room was clean for the most part however worn and dated. We stay at Starwood hotels frequently and got a good rate, so for just a quick night’s sleep and back on the road it worked. We did choose to have breakfast in the main restaurant which was a buffet (not a Sunday brunch) and it was calm as I’m sure most persons from the night before wouldn’t be up for hours! It was a decent meal and service, average and convenient.

We chose the Sheraton for the location and convenience and I can’t blame the place for making $$$ while they can with wedding parties however all others should realize this potential in advance along with the proximity to the military academy and several, shall we say, celebratory cadets, we encountered over our stay as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear AnnaAZ, thank you for taking the time to write us a review and give this feedback. I am sincerely sorry about the lack of courtesy from the other guests. It can get very busy on the weekends, however we hope that all guests act in a civil manner. I was happy to hear about the cleanliness of the room and the good service for breakfast. We hope that as you travel through our area again you come back and see us!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was in the wedding party of a wedding being held at the Sheraton Annapolis on 10/12/13. The night before at the rehearsal, my purse was stolen. While I understand that my purse was stolen from a public place, the Sheraton's response to the theft was absolutely unacceptable. No manager was ever sent to talk to me or follow up the next day, the hotel has NO CAMERAS whatsoever, and has no policy for what to do in the event of a guest's belongings being stolen. The building is so poorly secured that members of the wedding party were able to walk in the kitchen and laundry rooms to look for my purse with no staff members stopping them.

Some good old fashioned customer service can go a long way in making an upset guest more calm, and the Sheraton Annapolis provided absolutely none of that. Additionally, a guest staying at a hotel is trusting that establishment to provide safe accommodations, and to do everything in their power to make the guest's stay the best it can be. I shudder to think that if this is how I was treated, as a member of a wedding party that paid almost $20,000 to have their wedding at the Sheraton, how would the Sheraton Annapolis treat a run of the mill guest who had their belongings stolen?

I am giving the Sheraton a "poor" rating instead of "terrible" because the wedding itself was very nice. The hotel was well kept from what I saw, and the rooms were clean. I cannot give it better than a "poor" rating though, because due to their lack of security and response to a guest emergency, I feel completely unsafe letting anyone I know or care about stay in a Sheraton. Very disappointing overall.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Melissa,
I am truly sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations with regards to your purse. We felt we did everything we could to locate your purse once we were notified when it went missing and we acted as quickly as we could. As you stated it was left in a public space left unattended for over a half hour. By the time the management team was notified to much time had passed to locate your purse. Yes we allow the wedding party in the back of the house since they were helping to try an locate the purse. The police were then called and took a report. We also turned this matter over to our insurance company for a claim on your behalf. If you have any questions about this claim or would like to discuss this issue further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night to attend a wedding. Great location across from mall and several restaurants. Also, very close to the Annapolis Town Center.

The front desk staff was very nice and eager to help. We stayed on the club floor and had some snacks but didn't spend much time in the club lounge.

Two small things to nitpick. The shower temp was hard to keep constant and the tv remote took several tries to work.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear rasstandby, thank you for pointing out the great staff and club lounge. We love to hear how our guest want to come back, we take great pride in that! Look forward to your return soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great hotel in a busy area (great shopping mall next door). Easy to get to the city center by car. Too bad the indoor pool was closed when we arrived (around 10 pm). The room was clean and comfortable. Staff was nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Julie L, thank you for all the wonderful comments regarding the hotel. The staff works very hard to make sure every guest has a nice stay. We look forward to you coming back soon!