“Pet friendly & good rates!”

Crowne Plaza Annapolis
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stay at the Sheraton because they allow our hound ($50 a stay though is ridiculous!), they have an indoor pool and Jacuzzi with easy outside access, and the location is perfect for going to old town, the movies, etc. It's also quiet and easy to find. However, the staff continues to be slow, clueless, and language-challenged; one must still fight for the $5 credit for bypassing maid service; Sheraton continues to keep the second-night birthdate rate a secret (code NBR gets you the second night for your birth year; i.e., 1951 gets a rate of $51). Room was clean but furnishings were ugly and very dated looking although ours were all in good repair. Bathroom was clean with a good shower head although water temps fluctuated a lot. Bed was very comfortable with excellent choice of pillows. Lighting was a huge problem and I can't imagine trying to work or read in the room. There was a couch with no light around it; a desk with an office chair but a weak lamp. It was very incongruous. As previously mentioned, the coffee condiment container was empty and room service didn't bring more as requested. Room service breakfast would have been excellent with poached eggs (truly a wonderful rarity!) etc. but was not hot upon delivery. It's the little things that make a hotel great and this Sheraton just can't seem to pull everything together even with almost two years since our last visit. And yes, as previously reported, the elevators are so slow I thought mine was stuck at first.

Room Tip: I've been in the back and the front of the building and both were very quiet, even close to the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Tellitlikeitis2_12 thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate you pointing out all the good things and I apologize regarding the things that were not so good. We obviously have some areas we can improve on and with honest feedback we can make sure we follow up. We hope to see you come back soon to see our improvements.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Annapolis

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just a solid Sheraton in a good location. Right next to Annapolis Mall, you can walk to movies, dining and more! Downtown Annapolis is a short car ride away and BWI is only about 30 minutes door-to-door.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

cvwood, thank you for letting everyone know about our great location and hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Thank you again and look forward to you coming back soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I am a regular guest at this hotel and I've noticed over the last year that the rooms are in serious need of renovation. The hall and room carpets are stained, to furniture and picture frames nicked or damaged in some way and the furniture shows sign of wear. On a recent stay on the club level, the hostess spent all her time on various personal calls and not available to answer guests questions without having to find her in the pantry. The front desk personnel are always friendly and helpful and the rates are good which is why I keep coming back. If there were another hotel in the area with the same rates, I'd switch in a minute.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lfulton_123

lfulton_123 I am sorry we were not up to your standards with the condition of the rooms, please accept my apology. However we truly appreciate you coming back over and over due to the great service we provide, we believe service and cleanliness is key to making our guest happy. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very good location along Hwy 50 for easy access to close retail and downtown. As with many window HVAC units, there was a vibration that made a quiets night sleep difficult. We arrived late and did not ask the desk to change rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KanKansas

KanKansas, thank you for letting everyone know we have a nice hotel with a good location! We hope you come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I love staying at the Sheraton Annapolis. My son loves the pool and I love the club lounge. The staff is always accommodating and I find the Sheraton to be my home away from home. Thank you April, Daryle, and the restaurant staff.

• Stayed: May 2014
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know that Everything was Excellent from your visit. We truly love to hear how well we do and it gets the team excited to see such great reviews. We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to post your comments. I know we will see you back again soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I really expect more from a Sheraton. The bed linens were poor and the shower drain was very slow. The TV selections were heavy on news and sports, but the rest was poor at best. Beware, the breakfast costs $12.50.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

CherokeeMan, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations and hope you can forgive us. We take pride in our hotel and I am sorry we failed you. I hope that in the future you give us another chance so we can show you the true hospitality you deserve.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I had the opportunity to stay there and while on my way I became ill running a fever. I just wanted to say the entire staff was very helpful, but one individual went out of his way with his kindness, Tim the Food and Beverage Manager he prepared a special meal and sent a get well card which was unexpected and appreciated. My husband I have travel alot and the staff was outstanding ,we will definitely return and give high recommendations Thank you Tim

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear, 638angie thank you so much for the wonderful review and letting everyone know about our Outstanding Service. The team takes pride in the hotel and I am glad we exceed your expectations! We look forward to you coming back soon!