“Lovely pool and nice rooms”

Crowne Plaza Annapolis
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
United States
“Lovely pool and nice rooms”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A classic Sheraton although nothing remarkable as it is located near a mall, etc, and not in downtown (fine with us). Plenty of free parking and they get bonus points up to 5* for the excellent pool area and the free internet. Our kids loved it. We also appreciated the ease of welcoming us very early on Saturday (10am check in as requested!) so we could get settled before heading to a wedding and coming back late with tired children. All services were good and the rooms were simple and stylish.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank trientalis
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear trientalis, thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review of our property and share your experience. We are so excited you and the family were able to get in early an have fun at the pool. Come back an see us again soon!!

Daryl Strayer, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Rome, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have had a good experience after three days, with two to go of the convention that we are attending here. The room is spacious, on the fifth floor. We are used to the complimentary breakfast, which they don't have. The thing that bugs me is the very long process in getting on line. The shuttle is handy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MartiAbell
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
MartiAbell, thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate you letting everyone know about our location and our spacious rooms. We look forward to you coming back soon.

Washington
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The service at this hotel is exceptional. My party was greeted by Yvonne. She was pleasant, efficient, and competent. I reserved two rooms and she took her time to find me adjoining rooms. She also fully explained the use of the free shuttle and answered any questions I had about the surrounding area. I also observed that she and her co-workers extended the same time and courtesy to all their quest. I've stayed at the Marriott on the water and Loews, and the service here is better than either of those hotels.

Room Tip: Go for 5th or 6th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Washington74
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Washington 74 thank you so much for pointing our how awesome the staff was in helping you and all our other guests. Yvonne and the rest of the team love to take care of our guest and make sure each guest is taken care of. Thank you again and we look forward to you coming back soon.

Mechanicsburg
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is in good condition….been coming there every summer for a business meeting.
As long as it keeps up to the Sheraton standards, I’d recommend this hotel to anyone. There are many restaurants to walk to close by. Save your money and don’t stay in downtown Annapolis. Drive in from the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing Rt 50. Loud traffic.
3 Thank mightygiants71
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you user1571 for your awesome comments and that you would recommend us to everyone, we take pride in our hotel and glad it shined through. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Delaware
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was the first time I stayed at this Starwood property. I found the reception to be friendly and accomodating. The room was spacious enough for one business traveler with adequate receptacles for my PC and phone charger. Cleanliness was good. Bathroom well cleaned and clean carpets. The room rate was fair and not overpriced for the area. There is also a free shuttle to the mall across the street. You could literally walk to the mall if you wanted to. Overall it was a pleasant experience and I would stay here again when in Annapolis.

1 Thank Jodyrox
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you Appricena for all the great comments about the property and how clean an friendly the hotel is. We strive to be the best every day and was pleased to hear you had a great stay and that you will come back. We look forward to you next visit, travel safe.

Warm Regards
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed because of a family function that was terribly orchestrated by the hotel and its staff. 200+ people crammed into a corridor and small meeting room to the side for cocktail hour; a simple buffet dinner wasn't served until 9:50 pm on a party that started at 7pm and ended at 11pm.
Dessert wasn't served until 11...party over although it was extended a half hour by the family.
Buffet breakfast was out plain bagels and when asked for more they brought more of the same and cold and frozen. Staff was more interested in their conversation with each other rather than to the customers!

Rooms were sufficient so if you just need a place to crash maybe but better choices elsewhere from event planning, food service and restaurant until hotel better run.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Stuart T, I was sorry to hear the event that you attended did not go as you thought it should have. We did go by the instructions of the event coordinator and how they wanted things to be served and the space they wanted. As for the breakfast we definitely could do better and I will see to it that we do. I appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback.

Daryl Strayer GM

Travellers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed 2 nights recently while attending a professional seminar. Check-in was easy and the front desk staff was very cordial, providing me with information about the city and surrounding area. I found my room to be very clean, well furnished and comfortable and was looking forward to my stay. The hotel has its own restaurant which I found pricey but the hotel is located in a large retail area with many food options including 3 additional franchise restaurants within walking distance (same parking lot) and a large Westfield mall only minutes away with a full food court and other local fast food options near by. The downtown dock and market area is also only minutes away by car and offers great options for local seafood. The hotel provides WiFi service which worked fine from my room, however I was never able to connect my IPad or IPhone (with WiFi or 3G service) in the ballroom/workshop area which was very inconvenient. I reported this to the hotel staff and still don't know if the connection problem was due to the large number of people trying to access the same service at the same time or just lousy service. I would have scored this hotel a 5 if the connection had been there.

Room Tip: I was in room 215, view from the window is of the roof - ie NO view, but it was very quiet. There i...
Green Features: typical linen policy, if you want linens changed you put towels on the floor and card on the bed
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Karen, thank you for your kind remarks and comments about the hotel, I am sorry the wifi was not working very well in the ballrooms. I am glad to hear all the staff was cordial and you had a comfortable stay. We are centrally located and is a huge advantage to our guests. Thank you again and we look forward to you coming back soon.

Regards,