“Location, location, location and GREAT people!”

Crowne Plaza Annapolis
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Northern New Jersey
“Location, location, location and GREAT people!”
Reviewed 18 June 2009

I recently spent an extended weekend at the Sheraton Annapolis while visiting friends in Anne Arundel County and Baltimore. The hotel is really quite nice. Great rooms and very comfortable bed. Quiet, which is very important to me. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The entire staff is extremely friendly and well trained. They repeatedly used my name and greeted me every time I went through the lobby. I have to say I really liked the location. You can walk out the front door and walk to five different restaurants. Or just walk across the street and you are at Annapolis Mall, which is huge and would have everything you want. It is a great and convenient area. I also really liked the Sheraton Link to get quick messages when in a hurry. Right off the main lobby. Overall an A+ stay!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Pennslyvania
Reviewed 14 June 2009

The hotel is average. look very appealing went you walk in but as soon you get the elevator Oh boy it is warm but honestly is not a big of deal until you wake up with bites all over your body.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

carylamb
Reviewed 13 June 2009

Have stayed in this hotel many times and was very please. Really enjoyed the free breakfast buffet. This time I booked it thru Expedia and the hotel said that was the reason they did not allow me to have the free breakfast everyone else had.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 June 2009

I stayed at this hotel last week for three nights, four days. The lobby was nice and cool since it was a steamy, humid 84 degrees outside. But upon walking towards the elevator, the temp changed and I could feel the humidity and heat. When entering the tiny elevator, I was astounded to find that it was the same temp inside the elevator as it was outside! All of us in the elevator were sweating profusely because the elevator moved so slowly. In addition, the air conditioning unit in the room was sub-standard. The humidity from the outside was in the room, the a/c had been turned off so it was 80 degrees in the room. It was a sauna in the room. Needless to say, I will probably never stay here again. I only stayed because I am Gold with starwood. My next trip to MD is in two weeks and I will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at that time.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Altoona, PA
Reviewed 19 May 2009

The Sheraton Annapolis was very clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. It is located right next door to a large mall.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
A suburb of NYC
Reviewed 17 March 2009

We stayed for 2 nights in February, booked via Hotwire. Given that, it was a good value for the price. Room was nothing fancy, but fine for our stay. Front desk was helpful and friendly. The hotel is opposite a large mall, right off of the highway leading into Annapolis. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 March 2009

My husband and I planned a weekend getaway to Annapolis and were originally going to stay at the Westin, but booked the Sheraton due to great rates going on that weekend. We were both pretty nervous about the hotel after reading some of the reviews on here, but to our surprise, we had an awesome stay!

Check in was a breeze! We proceeded up to our room on the 6th floor and found it very comfortable and cozy. My husband especially liked the flat screen tv! We ate breakfast at the buffet both days and it was above average compared to other hotel buffets we have had. We both found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful.

The hotel lobby is beautiful and we loved the bar area with several sitting areas. We had drinks one night by the fireplace before going to dinner. There is a really cool internet cafe area where guests can check their email, go on facebook, etc.

The only negative we really encountered was our first night when we decided to go in the pool/hot tub before it closed. We got there and the lifeguard was nowhere to be seen but there was a "will be back" sign on the door with a time that was 10 minutes passed awhile. We waited and he finally came back after about 10 more minutes and sort of stormed passed us without saying a word. It was really weird, especially because everyone else we encountered was so friendly! That really was the only bad thing that happened during our stay.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Sheraton if traveling to Annapolis. We were also concerned about the distance from downtown, but it was such a short shuttle ride away, we really didnt have an issue with it.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple