“Fine for One Night”

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Virginia
“Fine for One Night”
Reviewed 17 September 2010

For the price, in this area, I think this is an acceptable night's sleep. It seemed clean, especially the bathroom. The bedroom was large, and the ac unit worked well. The furniture was basic '80's hotel, but the room had free internet access (not wi fi) and a pretty good king-sized bed

Maybe the folks who posted the most recent negative revues were expecting something more for their money, but, hey, it is Annapolis, and I didn't find any problem for the basic room, for the price. I looked at how few reviews those two people had written, and wondered if maybe they haven't traveled much. Just a comment, since I found those reviews not in fitting with my experience.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Centreville, Maryland
Reviewed 29 May 2010

I stayed at this hotel on 4/24/10 to rest from a long days traveling. I wanted you to know the condition of this hotel and my experience here. First, the cost of $ 130.00 was ridiculous for this type of hotel. Second, the hotel was absolutely filthy. Third, there were people partying and doing drugs all night long on the floor that I was on, Forth, and most importantly, the room that I was in should have been condemned! There was a picture on the wall near the window with 2 dead roaches between the picture and the glass, it made me sick to my stomach. If they actually did housekeeping they would have had to have noticed this!!! The bed quilt and sheets had cigarette burn holes in them, the bathroom had cigarette burn marks all over the tub, sink and toilet, the toilet would not flush, the shower has soap scum all over it, the floors were disgusting and overall you could not pay me enough to EVER come back to and sleep in this hotel again. It was by far the worst hotel, or for that matter, the worst place I have ever slept in. I would not let my dog sleep in this place. This hotel sure gives the Comfort Inn and Choice Hotels a bad name. I will not sleep in any Choice Hotel in the future. I wouldn't recommend you even using this hotel to represent your name!

From a very dissatisfied customer!

Alana Maranto

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Ajmaranto
Palmettotim2288
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Called the Choice Privilege number to book a room in Annaplois, where they told me that this was a 4 star rated hotel. ( Turns out it wasn't even a one star) When I arrived I actually told the idiot clerk that if the room was in as bad of condition as the lobby ( I would NOT stay) and sure enough the county jail would have been cleaner. So when I was in the room for 30 mins I was on the phone calling the front desk 4 different times which he didn't answer. I guess he knew why I was calling. So then I went down to the front desk to cancel and never to return, I was told that the Mgr was the only source that could help. But he wasn't going to be their for 3 days. I just got off the phone with the Mgr and he tells me that he will not refund ( hotel policy). This pisses me off since I had to stay at another hotel that same night. So Thanks @#$!%%%^& PAUL ( MGR)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Palmettotim2288
east coast
Reviewed 20 September 2009

In my last business trip I wasn't even checked in that hotel yet when one of my coworkers mentioned to me that I'll be staying there according to the front desk clerk. So I asked the manager how come they do not respect my privacy one of the most important rules in the hotel business, and he denied everything very aggressive and arrogant but he slipped the fact he was talking to a woman. When I asked for his name and business he tossed a notepad in my face to write it myself. After I called Choice Hotels ( I'm a Diamond member with over 200 nights / year in their chain) and registered the complaint, he the manager Carl [--], without my knowledge checked me out of my room while I was at work and waited for my return around 11 pm to tell me to leave the hotel without my belongings and my professional gear that he withhold at his discretion .I had to call the Police to recover my stuff, and filled in another complaint with Choice Hotels International. BEWARE OF THIS INDIVIDUAL IT APEARS TO BE EXTREMELY REVENGEFUL. until the hotel owner finds out that he destroys this business this guy will take a lot of unethical actions towards the clientele.

Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank businessandtravel
Customer_Servant, Manager at Comfort Inn Annapolis, responded to this review, 20 February 2010
At the Comfort Inn of Annapolis we are committed to the satisfaction of our guests. We respect the comfort, privacy, and most of all safety of our guests, and employees.

Sometimes there may be a guest that, for whatever reason, threatens that comfort, privacy, and safety. When this kind of person is identified you can be sure that they will be removed from our property as soon as possible, and asked not to return.

We stand by our commitment to the satisfaction of our guests, and hope that our patrons recognize that such a commitment, to this degree, will sometimes net us a negative review or two. We also hope that you allow our other reviews to speak for our property, and ignore this one for the brazen, and personal, attempt at revenge that it most obviously is.

We apologize to TripAdvisor for this lack in consistency in providing you with accurate reviews. We also apologize to you, our patrons, and potential patrons, for having to be exposed to the worst side of good customer service.

Sincerely
Carl Johnson
Manager Comfort Inn of Annapolis
Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I didn't expect a lot from this hotel...I just needed a place to stay for the night before dropping my son off at camp early the next morning. The staff was very nice and helpful, the hotel itself was clean, the room had only the most basic amenities -- cheap furniture, small television -- but had free wireless (always a plus). The breakfast room is small and loud and the breakfast choices were only okay. But, it was $30-$40 less than the better known chain hotels nearby (Doubletree, Hampton Inn, etc.) and so as a staging point for a camp drop off, it was fine. Don't stay there if you want a nice place to spend some time with the family...Pay the extra to stay somewhere nicer and not right on the highway.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank tkelly7
pittsburgh, pa
Reviewed 28 June 2009

Was attending a wedding at Chesapeake Bay beach club and wanted something fairly close. The bride had blocked reserved rooms at another motel. (Checked out comments on tripadvisor and the comments were not good). Decided to look for a place on my own. I checked the reviews for this place and decided to go for it. I was not disappointed. Honored AAA rate. This is a basic motel so if you are looking for fancy you will not get it. I was looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay that did not take pets. The hallway was not brightly lit and did smell of smoke but once we entered the room it was clean. Bathrooms are a big deal for me so that was the first place I looked. The bathroom looked recently renovated and there were no signs of black mold on tiles, etc (I always bring Clorox wipes but felt like I did not have to use them) . Very clean bathroom. Our room was spacious with a king sized bed. I pulled down the bedspread and examined the sheets underneath. I found no surprises. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The air-conditioning was more than adequate considering we were at the motel during the hottest days in June (The lower the temp on the air-conditioner, the less it will turn off an on. Former comment below. I found as I turned the temp up on the air-conditioner, it did turn off and on.). Water pressure was good in the shower. Only complaint is that the bathroom does need an exhaust fan (Comment below) and the towels are your standard motel towels but were clean. Staff was friendly. The motel is located next to a lower budget motel (can't remember) so first impressions are correct (comment below). Our room was located in the middle of the motel (212) so I did not notice traffic noise. Breakfast in lobby is what you would expect. Nothing fancy but it provided fuel for the body (I love fruit, so the selection was rather limited (apples and banana). I would have liked yogurt but none available. Available items were two kinds of cereal (looked like corn flakes and frosted corn flakes-don't know did not eat). English muffins and bagels. Packaged danishes, cubed cheese, two kinds of juices, milk, coffee, and waffle maker to make waffles. Within walking distance looks like a store where you can get anything that you might have forgotten to bring (Did not go in). Checked out exercise room. There are 3 pieces of equipment. Office is separated from the rooms. Fairly close to Annapolis (2 exits away). Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rcn63
SC
Reviewed 2 June 2009

We had driven all night to attend the birth of our grandson and were extremely tired. We asked for a quiet room and we never heard a sound for seven nights. We had fresh towels every day and enjoyed the breakfast room. The rate was the best Annapolis had to offer.
One suggestion would be to install exhaust fans in the bathrooms. It would help with the humidity.
It was a comfortable, enjoyable stay.
Thank you Comfort Inn.