“breakfast items north of florida”

Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I expected packaged grits at the breakfast items at the hot breakfast items... florida was the only stay that had the packaged grits...... people in the north eat grits, why not have grits at all your hot breakfast bars.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry we didn’t have all the breakfast items you would have liked to see but, we were glad to see you were satisfied with all other aspects of your stay. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Everything about our stay except for the weather was perfect. Nice decor, clean, quiet and I especially liked the dog gift package. Nice breakfast selections. The fireplace lobby, the breakfast area and the halls were spotless. The dog walking area was large and bags were provided to clean up.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We would like to thank you for both your kind words and for taking the time to share them with us. We set out every day to make each of our guest stays pleasant, comfortable and clean. It’s great to hear when we were able to accomplish that exact goal. We are also happy that you appreciate our property allowing pets and that you enjoyed the designated pet walk area with the appropriate necessities.
I will be sure to share your comments with all of my coworkers, especially that coworker in the housekeeping department.
We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The hotel is good value with parking, wi-fi and breakfast included in the rate. Service was very friendly and notably better than some more expensive chains. The room was a little tired but had satisfactory amenities. The location was good with a short cab ride into the restaurants and bars of Annapolis.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J L

First I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review your past stay with us. We honestly believe that it is the people at our hotel that separates us from the other hotels in the area. Without friendly, helpful and caring coworkers I'm not sure the amenities would mean much. We are delighted that we were able to meet your expectations during your last stay with us.
Again thank you of your positive words. I will be sure to share them with my coworkers.
With so many choices available to you for your hospitality needs in the Annapolis area, we are appreciative that you chose us.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Went in February for a function honoring my Midshipman and the rate at this Hampton Inn was the best I found. The property was in immaculate condition; the rooms very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Easy access to the Academy either from the freeway or surface streets. They have a good breakfast buffet and evening cookies. Coffee, tea and flavored water available all day was a nice touch! King room with sofa sleeper accommodated me and my two Mids.

1  Thank Kathleen W
Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

First I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review your past stay with us. We have found that many of our guests appreciate our closeness to the historic area of the city with the difficulty associated with stay down there. Our guests often find that our location makes it easy for them to navigate the city as well as the highway nearby making for a great stay while visiting the area. It was great to hear that we were able to accommodate you with a check in time that was convenient to your needs. We strive every day to meet the expectations of ours guests and love hearing when we do just that. Our bedding, our breakfast, and our 24 hour coffee station are just a few of the Hampton amenities that make Hampton such a great brand everywhere.
With some many hospitality choices in the Annapolis area we thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

On paper this looks like a good hotel, however there were many irritations. I was in town for a wedding and another family member had a suite which was nice and spacious. My regular "king size bed" room was a different story. The toilet didn't flush very we'll at all. It was kind of a crapshoot of things would go down. The sink in the bathroom was way too small. I could barely fit my stuff out in. I also kept hitting my head on the towel shelf next to the sink.

There was a fridge and microwave in the room and I didn't use the microwave but the fridge froze my leftovers from dinner, as well as turning my water bottle into a block of ice. The ice maker on my floor required pressing and holding the button for 2-3 minutes before it dispensed ice. The tv was weird, kept locking up randomly, but that might've been from the spotty at best wifi. And the shower had an adjustable shower head, but when I tried to change it to a setting w actual water pressure, it got stuck and took a good 5 minutes to get it back to a setting where water would come out. The temp on the water in the shower was also either scolding or freezing, and would change temp randomly, probably whenever anyone else flushed their toilet.

The free breakfast was very good though. And one of the staff did direct me to a conference room where u could sit and eat as the regular seating area was completely full. The bed was also comfortable, even though my back hurt the first morning that I got up but that was probably just me.

So. I wouldn't stay here unless you can afford the suite.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Vicki G

First of all I would like to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations during your last stay with us. We appreciate hearing from all of our guests, even those whose expectations we fall short of meeting. I would like you know that I will immediately look into the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your review with my entire staff so that we may be better prepared in handling these types of challenges when brought to our attention.
I again do apologize for your most recent stay with us. We realize that you have many choices when you travel and truly hope that you give us a second opportunity to meet you expectations.
Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with us.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is a hotel that rates high in all areas and should be given a higher rating than most if not all the hotels in the area of Annapolis, MD. The staff maintains the building in top order (I even got to meet the manager inspecting that days repairs). The cost is very, very reasonable for what you get in return. The location affords easy driving access to the shops and museums where parking is readily available. The one flaw it has is an outside pool which should be enclosed because families with children love pools that are open all year.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I would like to thank you for your kind words. We strive on a daily bases to maintain the comfort, the cleanliness and the especially the friendliness of the staff that our guest have come to expect from us. We take great pride in representing the Hampton brand in the Annapolis area. We work hard to up hold the value and quality that our guests have come to expect both from our hotel as well as the Hampton brand.
We thank you for your loyalty and we look forward you staying with us again in the future.
We hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Excellent experience here; they allowed us a very early check in which was very convenient for us. The lobby was lovely and well suited our needs for connecting with other family members there. We found the parking and space in general very welcome after initially trying to get a hotel in the historic downtown district. Especially after the snowstorm the space at the Hampton Inn was so much better!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

First I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review your past stay with us. We have found that many of our guests appreciate our closeness to the historic area of the city with the difficulty associated with stay down there. Our guest often fined that our location makes it easy for them to navigate the city as well as the highway nearby making for a great stay while visiting the area. It was great to hear that we were able to accommodate you with a check in time that was convenient to your needs. We strive every day to meet the expectations of ours guests and love hearing when we do just that.