“Every thing I needed”

Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Great place to stay to conduct business at Fort Meade, MD.

I found it clean. The lobby looks very European. I didn't get a chance to check out the pool.

The restaurant staff was friendly, but not much of a selection.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank flyer79

Reviewed 8 March 2012

The rooms themselves are huge. I got a king suite, which turns out was more for a business person with needs of a 6 person table and presentation area, than for a single commuter heading to Fort Meade. The closest anything is a few miles away, a 7-11. There are just so many more options closer to civilization.

The kicker was at their "bar" The bartender did not know what a crown and coke was so the dishwasher guy made it in back of the house. Did not expect that at all. The dishwasher did not know how to make it either btw. The TV was stuck on HGTV in all channels and it took them 3 hours to fix it. Now this hotel is in the middle of nothing, overbooking is a dream, but somehow service lacks where location lacks more. I did not even bother with breakfast.

If you are there for business, and are doing business in the sourrounding building which its on that same stretch of road that leads to nothing, and feel like paying $200 for a room, then i suppose you are crazy. I will deff not stay here again. The front desk was a mere "ok" They checked me in while on the phone. Just not for me.

Room Tip: If you are going to sit at the bar, dont let the bartender poor your beer, and do not order drinks u...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ThePurpleGarlic
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback about your recent experience at our hotel. I am the new General Manager and I appreciate your comments. It is only through feedback from valued guests such as yourself that we can improve. We are making many improvements to your experience and are committed to make sure our Associates have the tools and resources to provide excellent service. I commit that you will have a different experience than your previous visit.

We are located adjacent to the National Business Park, and a short distance to Rt 95 and Baltimore Washington Parkway. Many guests find us very convenient to corporate and government installations in the area. Our Bistro -- where you can eat, drink and connect -- serves three meals a day as well as a full Bar, so everything a business traveler needs is right here. Starbucks coffee is available anytime. We would like the opportunity to host you again and earn back your trust. Thank You.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the hotel. The lobby is modern and offers seating to relax and a food service counter during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The rooms were spacious and clean, but the beds left much to be desired..mattresses have lost their fluff and needed to be replaced. The standard amenities are offered but are nothing special. Rooms have a hair dryer, iron, ironing board, safe, and frig in room for convenience. Over all for a weekend, the hotel was quiet as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

3 night stay for business- The lobby is great: modern, lots of seating, cozy fireplaces, and laptops and printers available for use. There is an eating area serviced by a cafe-type eatery. Starbucks, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served there, and the food is pretty good (with a limited menu). The hotel service was marginal. We called housekeeping for extra pillows, and there was no answer. The front desk said they would take care of it, but we never did get the pillows. The bed just wasn't that comfy. Internet service in the room was good. No fan in the bathroom (I hate that). The main reason I will not return is because there is NOTHING within walking distance. No shops or anywhere to eat nearby. We took a cab to a restaurant that was "close", and it cost $30 each way...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and it's very nice. This stay I had a king bed and it was like sleeping on a board! I had to ask for blankets to cushion the matress because it was that bad. Wireless internet connection is extremely slow. Staff is always friendly and rooms are clean. I like this location because it is mainly business guests and rarely do you see kids.

Room Tip: Skip the king rooms. Beds are very uncomfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I'd stay again for business travel (location) but wouldn't pay in excess of one fifty for personal travel. Doesn't offer the high end linens or pillow top mattress like the better Marriotts. My hvac was completely turned off limiting any control of the room temp. The bistro in the lobby offers a small selection of reasonably priced and decent quality sit down or carry out foods. A+ for their hours of operation.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed at the Courtyard on a weekend. It was neither crowded nor desolate; given that we got a pretty good price on this business hotel, I expected the latter. The hotel is well-maintained and generally clean (the only negative being some flecks of what looked like mildew on the inside of the shower liner). I didn't use the wifi, but the hardwire connectiion worked well. Reasonably good shower pressure, and very comfortable beds. It's about 25 minutes from downtown Annapolis, and on the weekends, much cheaper than Annapolis area hotels

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annapolis Junction
TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort Meade
TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort...
#2 of 2 in Annapolis Junction
Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore
Quality Inn near Ft Meade
3 mi away
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport
Home2 Suites by Hilton Arundel Mills BWI Airport

Been to Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District? Share your experiences!