“Good Hotel!!”

Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed at this location for a family vacation in the DC area. For the brief times that we were around, this hotel met our needs. Just a few miles to DC and a few miles to Annapolis. No complaints. Parking is adequate. There is a laundry area, pool, and exercise area. There are rooms for business meetings. This facility is used a lot by local business travelers. The Lobby looks recently renovated as well as room corridors. There is a Bistro that makes Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner items. It is a limited menu, but provides something for guests. Beware of DC traffic in AM and PM on the Balt- Wash. Expressway. There are no restaurants or shopping places around this hotel. You will need transportation. Anne Arundel mall is an exit away (North) on the Balt- Wash Expressway and one exit south (Rt 198) has a bunch of eating and shopping places. If I am in the area again I would return to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed 1 night at this hotel for a business trip. My company paid for the stay. I am a local, but was attending a dinner and an early morning meeting and needed to stay close to the meeting site.

Location

It is very easy to get to/from the BWI airport. As for restaurants and shopping, you do need a car to get around.

Rooms

I had requested a king room. The room was large, the desk and computer chair were comfortable to work at. The bathroom was large, a fair amount of room around the sink area for makeup bags, etc. The hotel was busy yet this was a very quiet hotel. I found the bed to be very comfortable and was able to regulate the room temperature easily. The hvac was not noisy. The room is well appointed, everything looks relatively new and is very clean.

Check In

I arrived at 2pm. There was one person at the desk and she was on the phone and never looked up or acknowledged my presence. I left to speak to a co-worker in the dining area and came back when she was off the phone. It must have been an off day as she did not look at me, did not apologize for my wait, and said my room wasn’t ready and when I asked how long it would be she went to check with someone in the back and found that indeed the rooms were ready for check-in. She barely mustered the energy for the “welcome back” schtick. That was about all the customer service/courtesy she could muster. Check-in was easy though, no lines. I received my standard Marriott requested items.

Hotel Staff

The hotel staff is just okay. I wouldn’t say that any of the people I passed or came in contact with were particularly welcoming or friendly as they are in other locations and at other hotel chains.

Parking

The parking lot is large and wraps around the building but there are alternate doors to enter the hotel from every area of the parking lot.

Restaurants/Bar/Room Service

No room service, but the hotel does have a sort of fast casual food area for breakfast and dinner and you can order alcohol at night from this place as well. All of the menu items indicated total calories and they have some really nice healthy options as well as standard breakfast fare. I did not have an opportunity to look at the dinner options.

Pool/Fitness Center

I did not have time to use/visit the pool or fitness equipment.

GPS/Cell Phone/Internet

My gps worked fine getting around the entire area. Cell phone service was perfect everywhere in the hotel. Hotel internet worked easily and very well.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again and recommend it to my co-workers for future travel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Great place to stay to conduct business at Fort Meade, MD.

I found it clean. The lobby looks very European. I didn't get a chance to check out the pool.

The restaurant staff was friendly, but not much of a selection.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank flyer79
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The rooms themselves are huge. I got a king suite, which turns out was more for a business person with needs of a 6 person table and presentation area, than for a single commuter heading to Fort Meade. The closest anything is a few miles away, a 7-11. There are just so many more options closer to civilization.

The kicker was at their "bar" The bartender did not know what a crown and coke was so the dishwasher guy made it in back of the house. Did not expect that at all. The dishwasher did not know how to make it either btw. The TV was stuck on HGTV in all channels and it took them 3 hours to fix it. Now this hotel is in the middle of nothing, overbooking is a dream, but somehow service lacks where location lacks more. I did not even bother with breakfast.

If you are there for business, and are doing business in the sourrounding building which its on that same stretch of road that leads to nothing, and feel like paying $200 for a room, then i suppose you are crazy. I will deff not stay here again. The front desk was a mere "ok" They checked me in while on the phone. Just not for me.

Room Tip: If you are going to sit at the bar, dont let the bartender poor your beer, and do not order drinks u...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ThePurpleGarlic
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback about your recent experience at our hotel. I am the new General Manager and I appreciate your comments. It is only through feedback from valued guests such as yourself that we can improve. We are making many improvements to your experience and are committed to make sure our Associates have the tools and resources to provide excellent service. I commit that you will have a different experience than your previous visit.

We are located adjacent to the National Business Park, and a short distance to Rt 95 and Baltimore Washington Parkway. Many guests find us very convenient to corporate and government installations in the area. Our Bistro -- where you can eat, drink and connect -- serves three meals a day as well as a full Bar, so everything a business traveler needs is right here. Starbucks coffee is available anytime. We would like the opportunity to host you again and earn back your trust. Thank You.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the hotel. The lobby is modern and offers seating to relax and a food service counter during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The rooms were spacious and clean, but the beds left much to be desired..mattresses have lost their fluff and needed to be replaced. The standard amenities are offered but are nothing special. Rooms have a hair dryer, iron, ironing board, safe, and frig in room for convenience. Over all for a weekend, the hotel was quiet as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

3 night stay for business- The lobby is great: modern, lots of seating, cozy fireplaces, and laptops and printers available for use. There is an eating area serviced by a cafe-type eatery. Starbucks, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served there, and the food is pretty good (with a limited menu). The hotel service was marginal. We called housekeeping for extra pillows, and there was no answer. The front desk said they would take care of it, but we never did get the pillows. The bed just wasn't that comfy. Internet service in the room was good. No fan in the bathroom (I hate that). The main reason I will not return is because there is NOTHING within walking distance. No shops or anywhere to eat nearby. We took a cab to a restaurant that was "close", and it cost $30 each way...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and it's very nice. This stay I had a king bed and it was like sleeping on a board! I had to ask for blankets to cushion the matress because it was that bad. Wireless internet connection is extremely slow. Staff is always friendly and rooms are clean. I like this location because it is mainly business guests and rarely do you see kids.

Room Tip: Skip the king rooms. Beds are very uncomfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annapolis Junction
TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort Meade
TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort...
#2 of 2 in Annapolis Junction
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
#8 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
SpringHill Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport

Been to Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District? Share your experiences!