Courtyard by Marriott Fort Meade BWI Business District
US$73
US$92
US$86
Priceline
All reviewsfrench dipfront deskarundel millsfeather pillowsbusiness tripdc areasame rateking suitelounge areastayed for nightsnice lobbywould stay here againcomfy bednice amenitiesindoor poolbwi airportpleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had excellent service by hotel staff, and will return again when I am in the area. Found everything to be clean and if I had one complaint, the elevators were to slow. I was on the fifth floor, perhaps it is because I am use to the rockets of New York.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Meade BWI Business District, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and have shared that with our team. They pride themselves on delighting our guests.

I apologize if the elevators were slow. June is a very busy month and at high volume times when a lot of guests are moving about the hotel, it can be frustrating. Our Engineering team has checked the elevators and they all are operating within the requisite parameters.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade is an average business hotel which is perfect for business/reception travelers and good for family events as well. The hotel has all the basic amenities that one would need at a hotel, yet anything over this comes at cost (a very high cost at that). I was staying for a family wedding event and we had breakfast buffets for the three mornings that we were at the hotel. If you are not staying for a planned event where breakfast is included then you will be on your own.

The hotel lobby has a bar that serves moderately priced Starbucks drinks, overpriced alcoholic beverages (we had one arrival drink, but after $7 glass of wine from a $5 bottle we found a liquor store and brought back drinks and snacks) and very expensive food (someone in our party wanted a Yogurt to take their medication and it would have cost $2.25 for a tiny Dannon cup). The person working at the bar actually told us that we could get better seafood and bistro fare elsewhere and recommended where to go... and they were 100% correct. I Thank them for being honest and helpful.

I cant blame this hotel for its location however.... it is very much out of the way..... very much. I had a free day and decided to take the Metro into Washington DC. The front desk gave pre-printed instructions on how to get to the nearest Metro stop. This was all very well, but they should have put distance/mileage after the instructions because we had to stop and ask for directions. The hotel is not easy to find if you have to cross the industrial/business park (especially at night).... so get good instructions.

I did not swim because the pool was covered the entire time I was at the hotel. I guess you have to ask them to prepare it for you if you wish to use it. Overall, the stay was very average.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Meade BWI Business District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send in a comment and share your experience at the Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I have passed your comments on to our staff. They work very hard to delight our guests and were pleased to hear that they were helpful and provided good service.
We pride ourselves in providing good value for our guests. We have many rate programs for both group and individual travelers that offer additional amenities and services, many which provide significant discounts when purchased as a package. The rate with the buffet breakfast for your group is an example of that. We have other rates which are not packaged with additional items as there are many guests who do not have a need to take advantage of the additional outlets available in the hotel. It sounds like the package offered to your group met your groups needs and you felt it was a good value. That is what we are striving for every day.
I appreciate the feedback regarding the other services and amenities and have shared them with our teams both on and above property. It is only through feedback that we may improve. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. We hope to serve you again in the future. If there is anything I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 301-498-8400.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Marriott Courtyard is an easy to find hotel, with many rooms, and nice accomodations. The room itself is very large, with clean linens and very comfy beds. My boyfriend and I stayed there for two night when we went to the recent Preakness race, and while most of it was spent away from the hotel, they do offer a pool, dining (and a happy hour), and even ability to download your airplane boarding pass. The only thing bad I can say is when I asked where the coffee was, the front desk person said there was a charge, that there is free coffee in the room. Most hotels provide free coffee, so this was puzzling. Also they do not have the free breakfast's like some other hotels, and do charge a lot, even for a small bagel - I would suggest going out to eat.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor, as my boyfriend is a Marriott frequent stayer, so we were kind of away from the crowd, but I would say all the floors looked the same, so I couldn't say which is nicer.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BADPARXING

Thank you choosing Courtyard Fort Meade for your recent stay in our area. I appreciate you taking time to post a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to our staff.
I am glad that you found our rates a good value. For an even better value, we do offer rates that include breakfast. Coffee is always available in our guest rooms and of course Starbucks Coffee is available for purchase at The Bistro. Our current vendor contracts do not allow us to offer a different brand of complimentary coffee in the Lobby.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance with reservations.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed 3 nights for a soccer tourament. Room 403 was clean and comfortable. All staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I thought the room rate was very fair, and the food service, though limited, was very well executed. Washer/dryer available, decent little workout room, and indoor pool w/ lifeguard. Great area for walking/running, and convenient to all main highways. I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I appreciate you taking time to post a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope your team did well in the Soccer Tournament! Our team appreciated your positive comments regarding your stay. They try very hard to exceed our guests needs. We look forward to accommodating you again when your travels bring you to the Fort Meade area. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stay here about once a month for business. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and you can't beat the location if you're working in the adjoining office park. Every staff member I have ever encountered has been friendly and helpful.

On this trip, my air conditioning unit kept me up all night the first night. I mentioned it at the desk the next morning, and it was in perfect working order when I returned to my room that evening.

The food is good at the in-house restaurant, if a little overpriced. Given the difficulty of getting to other offsite choices for food, however, it would be really good if there were more choices on the menu. It would also be really great if it were open earlier than 6:30 in the morning.

Prices tend to be high, probably because there's no real competition.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mom2a-n-k
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Meade BWI Business District, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments! It is only through feedback our team can improve. I have shared your comments regarding your service experience with our team and they were very appreciative. I will also share your feedback regarding your food and beverage experiences with our Courtyard Marriott Brand Team.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again the next time your travels bring you to the Fort Meade area.

Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District