“Nice and Clean”

Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice and Clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Room was clean and nice (although TV was not functional and my AC was very loud). Modern design thought. Excellent meeting space in the lobby and nice exercise area as well. Staff was very friendly. Had a hotel dinner one night which was way overpriced for the quality or portion. Breakfast was good though ($15 with coffee).

Stayed August 2014
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and share your experience at the Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District. I am sorry that you had issues with your television and HVAC unit, and apologize if they were not up to our standards. We are always reviewing our amenities and services and appreciate your feedback about your Bistro experience. Please feel free to contact me to further discuss your experience.
Again, thank you for your feedback and If there is anything else, I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Beth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Antrim, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here 2 nights on Business; I also reserved a conference room for 4 hours for business. The hotel is neat, clean, staff is courteous, and the event coordinator I dealt with was very helpful in making my meeting everything I needed it to be.

Room Tip: Close to Ft Meade, NSA...etc
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had a successful meeting. Our team appreciated your positive comments regarding your stay. They try very hard to exceed our guests needs. I will pass on your comments to our Event Specialist and her team. We look forward to accommodating you again when your travels bring you to the Fort Meade area. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance.
Perrysburg, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights for a nearby family reunion (in another town). Very close to highways but watch for rush hour traffic..pretty bad! Biggest negative for this hotel was the pool, which my kids where very excited to use. NOT! Does not open until 5 PM Monday thur Friday & not until 10 AM on Saturday/Sunday. BUMMER! Other than that, lobby was nice. Room was not bad (give it 3 stars)..furniture was a bit beat up. Beds where comfy & staff was very nice. Price got me in for $80 per night w/fees.

Room Tip: all pretty much the same.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and share your experience at the Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District. I have shared your comments with our staff as they work very hard to provide excellent customer service. I am pleased you felt that the hotel provided good value for the price.
I appreciate the feedback regarding the Pool hours and we will make sure to review this as we are always evaluating our processes, services and amenities. If you have any additional comments, or if there is anything I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 301-498-8400.

Burlington, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were tired, nursing a rib injury from the day before, and frankly... more than a little weary - and this place was simply fantastic, a blessing, and a refreshment on all levels.

The service was friendly, the room was large and nicely decorated, the shower was well-appointed and hot, the beds were large and comfortable, the pool and hot tub were soothing --- and the breakfast (I personally had both a waffle and French Toast) was tasty.

And the location was fantastic --- close to great shopping, nice restaurants, and just the right distance from Orioles Park at Camden Yards. We were close to everything - yet felt relaxed, quiet, and pampered. Nice.

This place gave us a nice retreat, a wonderful part of our mini-vacation. Thanks CbM, and we WILL see you again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind words regarding your experience at our hotel. Our staff was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to our area. If there is anything I may assist you with, or to book your next reservation, please contact me directly at 301p498-8400.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had excellent service by hotel staff, and will return again when I am in the area. Found everything to be clean and if I had one complaint, the elevators were to slow. I was on the fifth floor, perhaps it is because I am use to the rockets of New York.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and have shared that with our team. They pride themselves on delighting our guests.

I apologize if the elevators were slow. June is a very busy month and at high volume times when a lot of guests are moving about the hotel, it can be frustrating. Our Engineering team has checked the elevators and they all are operating within the requisite parameters.

Indiana, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Courtyard by Marriott BWI/Fort Meade is an average business hotel which is perfect for business/reception travelers and good for family events as well. The hotel has all the basic amenities that one would need at a hotel, yet anything over this comes at cost (a very high cost at that). I was staying for a family wedding event and we had breakfast buffets for the three mornings that we were at the hotel. If you are not staying for a planned event where breakfast is included then you will be on your own.

The hotel lobby has a bar that serves moderately priced Starbucks drinks, overpriced alcoholic beverages (we had one arrival drink, but after $7 glass of wine from a $5 bottle we found a liquor store and brought back drinks and snacks) and very expensive food (someone in our party wanted a Yogurt to take their medication and it would have cost $2.25 for a tiny Dannon cup). The person working at the bar actually told us that we could get better seafood and bistro fare elsewhere and recommended where to go... and they were 100% correct. I Thank them for being honest and helpful.

I cant blame this hotel for its location however.... it is very much out of the way..... very much. I had a free day and decided to take the Metro into Washington DC. The front desk gave pre-printed instructions on how to get to the nearest Metro stop. This was all very well, but they should have put distance/mileage after the instructions because we had to stop and ask for directions. The hotel is not easy to find if you have to cross the industrial/business park (especially at night).... so get good instructions.

I did not swim because the pool was covered the entire time I was at the hotel. I guess you have to ask them to prepare it for you if you wish to use it. Overall, the stay was very average.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GMCYFortMeade, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send in a comment and share your experience at the Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I have passed your comments on to our staff. They work very hard to delight our guests and were pleased to hear that they were helpful and provided good service.
We pride ourselves in providing good value for our guests. We have many rate programs for both group and individual travelers that offer additional amenities and services, many which provide significant discounts when purchased as a package. The rate with the buffet breakfast for your group is an example of that. We have other rates which are not packaged with additional items as there are many guests who do not have a need to take advantage of the additional outlets available in the hotel. It sounds like the package offered to your group met your groups needs and you felt it was a good value. That is what we are striving for every day.
I appreciate the feedback regarding the other services and amenities and have shared them with our teams both on and above property. It is only through feedback that we may improve. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. We hope to serve you again in the future. If there is anything I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 301-498-8400.

Southampton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Marriott Courtyard is an easy to find hotel, with many rooms, and nice accomodations. The room itself is very large, with clean linens and very comfy beds. My boyfriend and I stayed there for two night when we went to the recent Preakness race, and while most of it was spent away from the hotel, they do offer a pool, dining (and a happy hour), and even ability to download your airplane boarding pass. The only thing bad I can say is when I asked where the coffee was, the front desk person said there was a charge, that there is free coffee in the room. Most hotels provide free coffee, so this was puzzling. Also they do not have the free breakfast's like some other hotels, and do charge a lot, even for a small bagel - I would suggest going out to eat.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor, as my boyfriend is a Marriott frequent stayer, so we were kind of aw...
Green Features: They do have cans in each room for recycling, which I go for, so that is nice. Could use more in the main lobby, in case you want to just toss it in on your way out.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BADPARXING
Thank you choosing Courtyard Fort Meade for your recent stay in our area. I appreciate you taking time to post a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to our staff.
I am glad that you found our rates a good value. For an even better value, we do offer rates that include breakfast. Coffee is always available in our guest rooms and of course Starbucks Coffee is available for purchase at The Bistro. Our current vendor contracts do not allow us to offer a different brand of complimentary coffee in the Lobby.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance with reservations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annapolis Junction
TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort Meade
TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort...
#2 of 2 in Annapolis Junction
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
Home2 Suites by Hilton Arundel Mills BWI Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Laurel
Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel

Been to Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District? Share your experiences!