“Very nice hotel -- service not up to par, though”

Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District
Stockholm
“Very nice hotel -- service not up to par, though”
Reviewed 30 May 2009

Impressive room, clean hotel, good location near BWI. Beware the breakfast. It may look like other self-serve complimentary ones, but it's not. The dining area was packed, and several tables had not been cleaned off, so we (and other travelers) served ourselves from the buffet and sat on lobby chairs. We were, therefore, quite surprised when a waitress deposited a sizable bill on the small table between us. When we mentioned at checkout that we found it odd that there was no hostess, no clean tables, and no other indicator that breakfast was not included, the curt answer was that we should know that no Courtyards offer free breakfast (we do now), and that there was an unusual crowd that morning. The staff needs some additional training. Shame for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
North Carolina
Reviewed 1 January 2008

We had three rooms at this hotel and they were all the same. Two queens a refrigerator and coffee maker. The rooms were big and clean. The part we were disappointed with was the continental breakfast. They offered one type of danish and cereals. We were there for 5 nights and one of those bkfsts they put out some apples and bananas and some yogurts. We've stayed at other hotels that offered continental breakfast and have never seen such a poor selection. The hotel was close to a highway but there was nothing else around the area of this hotel. It was an industrial location, also there is a prison very close by.
Overall the rooms were very nice, but I would have expected more from this hotel chain when they state they offer a continental bkfst.

Stayed December 2007
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 23 July 2007

We stayed at the Courtyard BWI/Ft. Meade for 4 nights in early July while visiting my grandmother in Laurel, MD. The room was spotlessly clean & quite comfortable. We received maid service every day and all amenities were replenished on a daily basis.

A huge plus for us was the ability to do laundry. There was a washer & dryer for guest use and there was complimentary detergent & dryer sheets available at the front desk. We paid $3 to wash & dry a load of laundry ($1 to wash, $2 to get it fully dry).

We had rented a car, so going out was not a problem. We were only about 15 minutes from my grandmother's house. We also went to an Orioles game, visited inner harbor, and drove to Gettysburg during our stay.

All in all, the hotel was clean, quiet, & comfortable. They even had computers for guest use. We would stay here again & would recommend it to others.

Stayed July 2007
NJ
Reviewed 16 April 2007

This is a very nice hotel. The room is very clean - spotless. The staff are very friendly and accomodating. The hotel is between Baltimore Inner Harbor (around 25 minutes) and Washington D.C. ( 45 minutes). You'll definitely need a car to get around. But after a long day of walking around, its nice to come home to this hotel .

• Stayed March 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
Raleigh
Reviewed 27 November 2006

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott from Nov 22 until Nov 25, 2006. We were there for my niece's wedding which was the day after Thanksgiving. Eight brothers and sisters traveled from all over the US to attend the wedding and have Thanksgiving dinner together. We were treated like royalty at this hotel. The cafe and bar area was warm and inviting. They cooked a marvelous turkey dinner with all the trimmings for our family. Their daily breakfast included fresh waffles, eggs made to order, fresh fruit, cereal, biscuits, sausage, bacon, yogurt, gravy, juices and anything else you can imagine for breakfast. The room was the best of any Marriott. My room, 317, was a large suite with a king size bed, a single pull out chair, a double pull out sofa in an adjoining livingroom which had a dining room table and good size kitchen area. The kitchen included a sink, a small refrigerator and a microwave oven. There was a TV in both rooms and a large bathroom with good pressure in the shower. We had a good supply of towels and personal hygiene items. The staff was tremendous. I wish I could list all the good people who made our stay extraordinary. They even provided a wheelchair for one of our party who had an accident before arriving at the hotel. The hotel is right off 32 West and it was so easy to get to any part of Va, Maryland and DC that we wanted to visit. I highly recommend this hotel for any stay in DC and surrounding areas.

• Liked — My room was very large and spacious
  • Disliked — I have no negative comments about this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Bernierone
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2006

Very nice property for the area. It appears to be the first hotel convenient for people doing business at NSA, Ft. Meade, or National Business Park. Brand new - new Courtyard decor and furnishings. Helpful front desk. Nice lounge. Parking adequate. Nice indoor pool. It *is* isolated: there is literally *nothing* around the hotel except NSA and National Business Park. A car is absolutely mandatory unless you plan on staying put your entire stay. Easy 15-20 minute drive to Arundel Mills Super-Mall, about 30 minutes to historic Ellicott City. Good restaurants in both locations, as well as good shopping. However, if you find you need a drug store in a rush, good luck: I finally found one at a Safeway in a quasi-planned community about 15 minutes down the road. Your dining choices are non-existent without a car. But if you need to be at NSA or Ft. Meade - then this is the place to stay. Will definitely stay again if I have the need to be in the area.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank NavyDawg
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 August 2005

I booked a reservation at this hotel after reading the reviews here, plus it was a great deal for $79/night.

I went to Baltimore to visit my husband who is at school at Ft. Meade. I traveled alone. The cab ride from BWI to the hotel was $20.80. I arrived at 2am and I realized I was 'buzzed in' because they lock the lobby after 1am which I thought was a nice safety precaution. I was pleasantly surprised (like other reviewers) by the more modern decor and the amenities: the cafe, the lounge areas, computer workstations (with complimentary internet hookup which is also in the room), full bar, plasma screen TV and even a fireplace.

I checked into my room which was also nicely decorated. Lots of deskspace, good sized TV and a refrigerator. The bathroom was very clean (at least to the naked eye). Lots of clean towels, complimentary 'Physique' shampoo and a nice showerhead with changing pulses. And the fastest flushing toilet I've ever seen in my life. I don't know how much the regular movies were (at the time Oceans 12, Million Dollar Baby, Hitch, etc.), but i can tell you that the naughty movies are $13.99 max.

The continental breakfast (bagels, toast, fruit, cereal) was about $6. The expanded breakfast (adding eggs, bacon, waffles) was about $10. I got there at 9:30am so it was sort of picked through and lukewarm. The lobby 'market' is open at all times. A decent sandwich is $5.95 and a liter of Aquafina was $3. They also have Haagen Daz ice cream and Starbucks Coffee brewing at the bar.

The indoor pool is a small square and the jacuzzi looked a little uninviting, but I wasn't there to swim. The gym was more spacious than i thought and had some good aerobic equipment in it.

Expect to pay for the taxi rides if you don't have a car. For 2 people to Arundel Mills $12. For 4 to Inner Harbor $35. (Both trips, we used EZ Cab)

This place must be great for business travelers. I went for leisure and though it's not romantic per se, it was very, very comfortable. Staff was polite, housekeeping was efficient, air-conditioning worked. It was good.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annapolis Junction
TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort Meade
TownePlace Suites Baltimore Fort...
#2 of 2 in Annapolis Junction
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
Home2 Suites by Hilton Arundel Mills BWI Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Laurel
Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel

Been to Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District? Share your experiences!