“Good Sunday Brunch”

O'Loughlin's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Arnold
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We've been eating brunch there for several years now. It's pretty basic but we are happy with what they have. First the carved beef is always the way we like it. Rare! It's sooo good and tasty! The home fries are actually slices of potato and they are delicious. Bacon and sausage are very good also. Crab soup isn't that bad, I've had better but I still have a couple of bowls of it. Made to order omelettes are very good. Home made waffles, the kids love them. Fresh fruit of all kinds! We don't eat every item but we walk out of there feeling like we had the best buffet around. The youngish staff are very polite and attentive. You can find coupons in the mail. Keep in mind this isn't the kind of buffet where you have 300 different kinds of entrees! What they have is good and fresh. We keep meaning to go there for dinner but with children we have to be judicious in where we go. I can't speak for lunch or dinner service or food.

• Visited July 2013

Arnold, Maryland
“My Goodness, Bad Guinness”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Although, I have been to this restaurant with my family and otherwise many, many times, this was my first experience sitting in the bar area. For a Saturday night it was pretty calm as far as bars go. It is definitely a relaxed atmosphere for locals, mostly middle aged. There are plenty of televisions for sports and other programming and a full bar. The waitress that we had was very nice and even left me a happy birthday note on the check. The only complaint I really have is that the Guinness was terrible. It was not in the correct glass, the head was all wrong, and overall just tasted bad. It was embarrassing for an "Irish pub". The other drinks were great, however- the strawberry daiquiri and a Captain and Coke. Overall, I'll go again, but not order that Guinness.

• Visited July 2013
Hampton, Virginia
“Shrimp good - brocolli, not so good”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We asked the clerk at our motel for a recommendation and this was the first one and the first one my GPSr found. It was a decent experience. The server was perhaps a bit slow, but there was a girls' softball team involved as well, which may explain part of it. She allowed us to share a one pound steamed shrimp plate. The shrimp was quite good, though I missed the Norfolk style melted butter. The brocolli, however, looked like it had been in a vegtable concentration camp. My second glass of wine was very slow in coming.
All in all, if I am back in the Annapolis area, I might well return here.

• Visited May 2013
Arnold, Maryland
“Reliably Good Food and Service.”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

O'Loughlin's is one of the nearby restaurants in our "standard rotation."

The food is good and the service both good and pleasant. My favorite dish is the Ahi Tuna appetizer put over one of the standard salads. The tuna has always been perfectly prepared and its quality has never disappointed me. I have found none better in the local area.

The decor is very dated, but our experience has been that it is well cared for and always very clean. Do not expect Haute cuisine. It's simply well -prepared good quality fare at a reasonable price. We are leaving soon to drop over for dinner this evening!.

• Visited June 2013
Odenton, Maryland
“A bit further away than we normally venture, but wanted to give it a try (had a "DoubleTakeDeals" coupon)”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

- It was really about a 3.5, as there were aspects that better than just "Average."
- We visited on a late Saturday afternoon/early evening; it was not real busy. We visited due to having purchased a “Double take Deals” coupon, as we like to try new places. This place (Arnold) is a bit further than we normally travel for a dinner night out, but it looked/sounded
- Atmosphere/décor was “O.K.” … since we had an infant with us, we were seated in the middle dining area (normally we would have plopped down in the bar area), next to the two-way fireplace, thinking that this would be a great seat on a January night.
- Brian was our server; as initially the only seated table in that dining area, service (attentiveness) was average to good. There were only two other seated tables in that middle dining area at the time of our departure.
- Somewhat limited draft beer selection, particularly those brews that you might expect to be “standard” at an Irish pub. The menu lacked Irish dishes as well … at least prepare/promote the nachos as “Irish Nachos” (with waffle fries) if also serving a “Mexican Pizza” … for crying out loud!
- We had the Buffalo Oysters from the Chef’s supplemental appetizer’s list. Tasty, but would have preferred them to be a little more “done” (and warmer inside).
- The Cubano Sandwich was also quite tasty, but the horseradish mustard was a bit strong (felt it in the most upper reaches of the sinuses). Prefer regular mustard, but will add that the ciabatta bread is a good substitute for authentic Cuban bread … it was prepared well. (We lived in Florida for a few years, recently, and vacation there each summer, so if there is an opportunity to get a Cuban sandwich … we are on it!
- Also had the Roast Beef on “Weck” sandwich; another flavorful and well-presented platter. Half way into it (we shared both the Cubano and roast beef), the taste was recognized: Arby’s! (We had not been to an Arby’s for years, and they make a darn fine sandwich, so it is as much a compliment as one wants to take it.)
- The daughter had the Chicken Breast Sandwich, Buffalo style. She found a “rough spot” in the meat … a bit chewy/extra soft type of “wad” of thing. Otherwise, good flavor, and they added cheddar cheese and bacon pieces to the French fries at no extra charge.
- Bottom Line: Overall, average to better; if we lived closer, we would definitely give it a couple of more visits, on different days/times, to truly evaluate its feel and a fit for us.

• Visited May 2013