“enjoyable but limited offering if you don't eat meat.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sprigs Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Sprigs Restaurant and Bar
Price range: US$14 - US$32
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Maynard, MA
“enjoyable but limited offering if you don't eat meat.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I've enjoyed eating at sprigs but their selection is limited for none meat eaters - one time I had asked for the sauce on the side and the waitress wasn't sure if the cook would agree -they did.
I've liked them more in the past but I feel like the service is going down hill.
Seating in the main area is nice but they have a few tables in the middle section that aren't all that nice.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MLudlum, Owner at Sprigs Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Lisa, thank you for your feedback. Regarding the tables in the middle room, please feel free to request a table in the main dining room. I can't ever make a guarantee that you will get the table/room you request, but I do always take requests seriously, and do the best I can to accommodate requests.

Regarding the service going downhill, of course we aim for perfection, and sometimes miss. I do always welcome feedback. The rave reviews are more fun to receive, and being informed of our misses is, in many ways, more important.

However, the most important point to wish I wish to respond is requesting sauce on the side. It sounds like this was not communicated to you well. We will never refuse a request for sauce on the side, unless the sauce is already incorporated into the dish. We will never refuse a substitution request without reason. Of course, some substitutions will involve an additional charge. If our supply of a certain item is low, so we are in danger of running out, or if the chef feels there is a real, concrete reason, we will accommodate requests. Refusals, or "needing to check with the chef" is never about "he doesn't feel like it", which seemed to be implied by the way the server responded.

I am reminded of when my brother was little and insisted on putting lemon and milk in his tea - that is a request we would refuse!

Best regards, and I hope we see you again.

Martha Ludlum
Owner, Sprigs Restaurant

Concord, Massachusetts
“Wonderful birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Maybe from the outside Sprigs does not look fancy but we truly enjoyed the entire evening. Comfortable, quiet dining room. Great service. Appetizer mussels were fresh and tasty together with a glass of proseco. And sorbet to clear the palate! The cod and boar chops were both excellent main courses. For dessert the creme brule was a bit too liquid but still pretty good. And they did not rush us through so our two hour celebration was perfect.

• Visited May 2014
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

food is good and so is service. I have 2 complaints though. The chicken under a brick is arguably the signature dish. They should bring back mashed potatoes. the main dining area is not well ventilated. I always feel the area to be hot/stuffy by the time I am well into my meal.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MLudlum, Owner at Sprigs Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for your review, Tunedown2d. One of your complaints is easier to address than the other. I will mention to my husband, our chef, your wish for the return of the mashed potatoes.

Regarding the restaurant being hot and stuffy, unfortunately, we have a very old system, and the temperature does tend to be erratic. We are getting the unit replaced this summer, which should help, but it remains to be seen if it fixes the issue, or just makes it less extreme.

However, I do encourage all of our guests to speak up whenever it is too hot or too cold, and to speak up more than once, if necessary. All of the staff, including myself, are too likely to think it's just us feeling hot because we are moving around. By the same token, it can get too cold for our guests, and it feels comfortable to us. Your physical comfort is important than ours!

Thank you again.

Martha Ludlum
Owner, Sprigs Restaurant
Massachusetts
“Upscale and pricy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Sprigs is one of the better restaurants in the area. It is pricy, but, worth it. The menu is limited with enough choices to make anyone happy. They also have a decent wine list.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank thirstycamel9
Acton, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Cozy and small. Great food! Reservations are highly recommended. They serve local vegetables from their own garden during summer time.

• Visited April 2013