“They don't mess around with subs here”

TC Landos Sub Pizzeria
Ranked #5 of 61 Restaurants in Acton
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I've eaten here once or twice a year or so for about 4 years now. I've had some pretty good cheesesteaks from Philly but I can promise you, it doesn't get much better than TC Lando's.

I've never had anything approaching a bad sub here (haven't tried the pizza but I've heard it's good), and all the varieties are actually really tasty: BBQ is my favorite, but the Teriyaki and Cajun are both good too. They never overdo the sauces, either. It's all about the steak here, and the steak is fantastic. The Budster (chicken, bacon, cheddar and their delicious sauce) is a favorite of many even if it's a little too heavy for me.

The place is tiny, just a counter and a couple stools, but if you're looking for some of the best subs you'll find, don't pass this place up.

There are newer reviews for TC Landos Sub Pizzeria

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

If you are on a diet or have high cholesteral this place is not for you. For the rest of us it is a meat lovers dream on a sub roll or pizza.so what if the wait staff is a bit touchy or crude. It all goes with the terrific atmosphere. The kamakazi and the cheese steak are the best.

1  Thank Joel1951
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This place warrants the New England special, "Wicked Good".

Unhealthy as it is, the philly cheesesteak with hot peppers is super.

The place is clean and functional, I'd recommend the take-out. You can, if you absolutely insist, eat on premises but there isn't much space.

Other reviewers have hit the nail on the head (rcboater) when he says that if you eat here often you are headed for a heart attack. But, once in a while I call it a guilty pleasure.

1  Thank Amrith K
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I first discovered the great steak and cheese subs at Carl's in Waltham. Then I found out there are 4 other locations under the TC Lando's name. Run by different brothers. The Acton location is nearer where I live, so I was psyched to try them out. Small, and designed for take-out, with only a couple of stools inside. I usually get the Kamiikaze. A meat lovers dream. Filled with steak, bacon, ham, pepperoni, and sausage. Yes, it's totally unhealthy. And yes, it's absolutely delicious. I rationalize indulging because I can get 3-4 meals out of a large! Service is good, even when the line is out the door.

1  Thank Sue I
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Love the godfather (meatlover's) pizza-- but my arteries can't afford to have me eat there often. Their subs are very good, too.

Takeout only-- there are only a couple of seats in the front area.

After eating here, I can't image why anyone would want to eat pizza from one of the big chain restaurants!

1  Thank rcboater