“Consistently good !”

The Firehouse Cafe
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: The Firehouse Cafe offers a fun, casual dining experience in the heart of historic Northern Berkshire County. Serving an eclectic, classic American menu. Homemade soups, tossed salads, grilled sandwiches, all day omelets and fresh seafood. In addition to unique house specials including The Stuffed Burger, and homemade sausage, mushroom and three cheese lasagna in a warm, inviting completely innovative setting. The Firehouse is quite simply a fantastic fusion of great food, art and local hospitality.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Have been to the Firehouse 4 times since they reopened. The menu is small but the selection does caters to the different variety of diners. The salads are fresh and excellent love the l
Greek salad. The Surf and Turf is excellent perfect proportion and great price I hate overpaying for a larger portion just to leave what I can't finish behind. Absolutely love the changing wall art great conversation starter. Just wish they a would have different specials and switch around the soups Truly a must try!

3  Thank lmacek

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Food is wonderful on a travel through the Berkshires! Christina is an awesome professional wait staff. The Black Bean Salad was fresh and zesty. Hubby had the Chicken Ciabatta which was just on the right side of spicy. Stop and enjoy!

1  Thank Darbydog6
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Reasonably priced meals, both sandwiches and entrees, and something for whatever mood you are in. The sausage lasagna was awesome. The tuna melt sandwich was very good and came with potato salad too. I was surprised at how fast the service was. We had our meal before you even get to order in alot of other places. This is a nice place to meet a friend for a leisurely lunch.

1  Thank Robin L
Reviewed 11 April 2014

To be honest, this isn't my kind of restaurant. I prefer creative uses of locally sourced foods, lighter fare, and ethnic twists. Most of the menu at Firehouse Cafe is either over-thought and overly constructed or straight from providers like Sysco.
A Cesar salad came with small-dice greens, far too many pedestrian croutons, and too heavily dressed. A lighter dressing and bigger, fresher greens would have been welcome.
The lasagna with sausage and mushrooms was reasonably palatable, although the taste of rosemary was dominant. The advertised accompanying "garlic bread" was a soft and pretty characterless bread stick—not sure where the garlic was. I couldn't taste it.
My companion's steak tips were very well prepared and tasty—probably generally a safe bet. We didn't try the burgers, but those sound promising as well.
A shared dessert, which we were told was locally made, was an intensely sweet and soggy plate of gluey blueberry filling with what was supposed to be a crisp topping. It was served with an unfortunately inferior vanilla ice cream and, just in case the dessert was too healthy, drizzled with a thick caramel sauce.
Our waitress was attentive and pleasant. The ambience is attractive. The wine and beer lists offer some pretty good choices.
I hope the chef here is able to liven and freshen up his/her offerings. There is definitely potential here—but judging from our experience, there's some work to be done to meet it.

1  Thank Sweetwood1075
Reviewed 8 April 2014

There aren't a lot of options for innovative, reasonably priced, delicious food in Northern Berkshire county. We tried the restaurant one lazy Sunday for lunch; Firehouse cafe was a pleasant surprise! We're self-professed foodies, and both my husband and I love it! I've been back 6 or 7 times and have tried every house specialty. Black bean quesadillas are my favorite!! He loves the meatballs.

1  Thank Jane A