“Not very good Mexican!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Not very good Mexican!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Took my family there on our way to NH. We went on a Monday night. The chips and salsa were excellent, but that was the highlight of the meal. My daughter got a chicken/cheese quesadilla which was greasy. My son got tacos. I would have to say that Taco Bell had better tacos than what he received. My wife and I both got enchiladas. I love a good mole sauce and I love a good verde sauce. The sauces on these enchiladas was disgusting. Maybe I am used to better Mexican food, but this is a poor example. I would not recommend this place if you have alternatives.
On the bright side, they make a great margarita.

Visited July 2014

Amesbury, Massachusetts
“Local Mexican”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very good locally owned Mexican food. Very good choices, food and services. Easy to get to in a strip Mall.

• Visited March 2014
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“I know taste, if I don't know Mexican”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Some people wrote in that this Mexican food was the worst. Are they used to what passes for Mexican food at other establishments? Well, whichever is authentic, I go for the taste of this restaurant more than any other Mexican place I've been to, and I've been to a lot of them including those in various states of Mexico.

Though the salsa was a bit too liquidy, at least the taste was enhanced by the fresh cilantro that has been discarded at other places. To me that is a plus. The chips were the same as those at Border Cafe Saugus, fried and warm...not the best for health, but delicious.

I ordered the pork steak (puerco adobado) with the taste of the meat coming though the spices and pork flavor should never be masked by add-ons. The refried beans were spiced with something unidentifiable but so delicious, one realizes how bland it is usually made. Perhaps the rice came from the bottom of the pot, but it made the rice have better texture that way. (We ate at about 2 or 3 PM.). And the house margaritas were the same as the Border Cafe - Saugus, though a bit on the sweet side. Hubby ordered the vegetarian fajitas and was extremely happy with the presentation.

A warning though. Be careful of anything roasted and looking like a pepper. My pepper looked innocent enough to shove the whole thing in my mouth which caused enough of a burn that I could not eat for about 20 minutes. Ask what kind of pepper it is. Mine was a 1 in 10 extremely hot jalapeño pepper. We left the place so stuffed we were uncomfortable and vowing to go on a raw food regimen the next day!

• Visited October 2013
Dracut, MA
“I realize massachusetts really doesn't have good Mexican food!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Actually this would have to be the worst Mexican food I have ever had! Anyone posting good reviews really don't know much about good Mexican food.

• Visited July 2013
Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This restaurant has great service, and good, heart-healthy food. Easy location.
Filling and nourishing after a day of bicycling.

Visited June 2013