“Absolutely FABULOUS!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
San Diego, CA
“Absolutely FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2008

I stayed at the Inn this past Christmas holiday and was absolutely stunned by the OUTSTANDING service, beautiful property and the great location. I must reiterate the outstanding service! Not only did I recieve the best front desk service I have ever recieved, but the staff truly wants you to have an enjoyable stay. They did everything from Carry my luggage to my room, to setting up dinner reservations at a local restaurant (and it wasn't even their own facility!) I did end up eating in their fine dining restaurant as well, which I highly reccommend.
The staff here was phenomenal. They truly went out of their way to make sure that I was happy with my stay. Not only was the room quaint and beautiful, my time in Amherst was just perfect! I am not sure if any outside factors will bring me back to the area, but I will definately return on my own! Absolutely outsanding! I could not have asked for a better weekend!

Stayed December 2007
2 Thank jldemaio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2007

I went for a holiday party. When we got there we were placed in a long narrow cramped room with a long table in the center that did not allow for people to move around and socialize. The orderve's were good, but were not frequently served by staff. Then when dinner arrived, the food was well below average. The Salmon and the Prime Rib was way over cooked and dry with no auju to be found. When we asked for some sort of sauce for the meat, the waitress didn't know if they even had anything. Although later she finally came back with some A1. I asked for the prime rib to be cooked medium rare but it was brought to me well done, and none of the staff came back to check on anyone about the food that was served. The majority of the people attending this function were not satisfied with their meals. Later we attempted to have a final drink at the bar, but the bartender was rude and told us it was last call at 10pm, yet when the head coach of the UMASS Hockey team arrived, drinks were flowing, even after we decided to leave at 11pm.

• Liked — That it was over
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank bstncld
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2007

I stayed at the Lord Jeff Inn in June when looking at Amherst College with my daughter. It is not great, but it is in the most convenient location. Our room was spacious, but it definitely needs to be renovated. Very old fashioned and the bathroom was even older....if you know what I mean. The air conditioning was OK, at best, and the linens and pillows were as old as the hills.... Bring your own pillow!
The service was fine and we only ate lunch there outside one day which was fine, but certainly nothing to write home about.
Because this Inn has the best location in town, it will not be going out of business any time soon, but I can not recommend it for any other reason.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank lovetogoonvacations
Camarillo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2007

I picked the Lord Jeffrey Hotel because of it's proximity to UMass Amherst. I came from California and wanted to be as close as possible so I could check my daughter into school and help her as needed. The only good thing about this hotel WAS the proximity! We arrived with several pieces of luggage (College stuff) One weighed almost a 100 lbs. There was no bellman to help and our room was down three flights of stairs(no elevator) I never would have picked this if I knoew I was going to lug the suitcases myself. It was almost impossible. We were told the college was within walikng distance and asked the front dest if this was true. He said yes so we walked, and walked, and walked. We made it there but were vey tired. Then we saw a bus go by. We asked someone and they told us the bus was free and one on the stops is right next to the Lord Jeff Hotel. I can't beieve the man at the front desk forgot to give us that minor detail! There was a wedding right ouside my french doors (so loud I couln't hear the TV.) The restaurant was awful , service was nonexistant.
My best advice for anyone staying at this hotel is BEWARE!

• Liked — The outside appearance
  • Disliked — It's worn and tired, Service not good
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank SAKCamarillo
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2007

Across from Amherst C. Helpful, friendly staff and very good food at reasonable prices. However, we were placed in a small cramped room (double bed), really unfit for two people. I understand that they have larger rooms,so check with the staff before making a final reservation. Nrhdkk

2 Thank nrhdkk
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2007

We just returned from a very nice long weekend stay at the Lord Jeff. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Room service breakfast was very good; staff was very attentive and friendly.

The location is terrific - near Amherst College and U Mass. and all downtown shops and restaurants. The food at the Tavern was very good and reasonably priced.

We would absolutely return. The charm of the inn is a nice change of pace from hotel chains.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank anonymous005
Fairfax, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2007

Parents stayed here and have done so for many previous trips to Amherst. The hotel is a lovely inn, but is looking a little worse for wear. The beds in their room were saggy, the shower asthmatic, and most of the fixtures and furniture is looking a little beat up. The staff could not be nicer and more accomodating. Had breakfast at the bar/dining room and had to say it was pretty average. Pancake was not so hot and the homefries were very salty. My parents said they would probably book elsewhere on their next trip into town.

• Liked — Staff were great
  • Disliked — needs some upgrading and repairs
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Glon Drack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
Hotel Northampton
Hotel Northampton
#2 of 5 in Northampton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst

Been to Lord Jeffery Inn? Share your experiences!